OT: Do you think Blackhawks will change jersey/logo/name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
And funnily enough a vast amount of the complainers are people that never ever played a sport in their entire lives nor do they even watch any televised sport. This new generation is full of whining sookbags.
It’s the corporations too who are under influence to highlight these things in the name of “equity and inclusion”. Moreover, it’s a corporate technocratic takeover that’s sweeping and leaving companies and organizations in its wake. They should realize the best thing they can do from a business standpoint is to come out and say this our brand and as long as we are in charge of the organization this is never changing. I think that would create a sense of jingoism that’s very powerful and they could double down by saying every jersey sold for the next week, proceeds will be donated to the Sauk & fox nation etc if that’s what they want to do. But they cannot leave the door open for change of a logo to an original 6 franchise. This is like the Dallas cowboys

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It’s the corporations too who are under influence to highlight these things in the name of “equity and inclusion”. Moreover, it’s a corporate technocratic takeover that’s sweeping and leaving companies and organizations in its wake. They should realize the best thing they can do from a business standpoint is to come out and say this our brand and as long as we are in charge of the organization this is never changing. I think that would create a sense of jingoism that’s very powerful and they could double down by saying every jersey sold for the next week, proceeds will be donated to the Sauk & fox nation etc if that’s what they want to do. But they cannot leave the door open for change of a logo to an original 6 franchise. This is like the Dallas cowboys
I've never seen anybody use jingoism as a good thing.

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
Quick question; have you ever posted on the Hawks board before opening this thread?

You say you're a Hawks fan, but I don't recognize you at all.
Taylor Hall one of my favorite players in hockey since he was drafted! Hence my nickname. Aside, I like bedard. I liked Kane. I liked toews. I’m also a huge bears fan. In hockey I like the oilers, the hawks, the canadiens, and loosely Seattle since they drafted Beniers. I was in Chicago last weekend. I haven’t posted on the boards a ton in recent years in general. I don’t recognize you either.

You guys crack me up with this “oh there was a genocide going on when the logo came about in 1926,”

What if I told you you’re part of a genocide right now? Would you believe me? Why don’t you worry about that lens instead of 100 years ago.

The discussion isn’t hurting anything. This is a good place to discuss it with other passionate hockey fans.

Reactions: FMichael

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Taylor Hall one of my favorite players in hockey since he was drafted! Hence my nickname. Aside, I like bedard. I liked Kane. I liked toews. I’m also a huge bears fan. In hockey I like the oilers, the hawks, the canadiens, and loosely Seattle since they drafted Beniers. I was in Chicago last weekend. I haven’t posted on the boards a ton in recent years in general. I don’t recognize you either.

You guys crack me up with this “oh there was a genocide going on when the logo came about in 1926,”

What if I told you you’re part of a genocide right now? Would you believe me? Why don’t you worry about that lens instead of 100 years ago.

The discussion isn’t hurting anything. This is a good place to discuss it with other passionate hockey fans.

The point was that it has been discussed ad nauseum over the past few years on here. By all the regulars you see.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
How does removing the logo bring equality and inclusion? For me, it would be the opposite. Right now, they are represented in a positive way, in a major league sport, how is that not inclusion?
Maybe this gets locked already but it is interesting to me these topics could answer questions like this but seem to never get there.

The people, like activist indigenous people, who are against the Blackhawks logo are against having their identity and cultures used in any sports reference. It is a smaller segment, but still a view. Part of their issues is there's still trouble with positive stereotype. Others will say theyre good with the honoring type of symbols, but not all. They argue that these symbols make people often view natives as the noble warrior types or a historical culture opposed to thinking of them as living cultures and people today.

That's simply what a basis of their arguments are, whether people agree or not

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
Boysen told me they’re going to “tweak” the logo which is effective just as bad as changing it.

Bunch of fence sitting, try-to-please everyone people running the org which is the worst possible situation. Danny Wirtz & Jaime are just clueless

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Is wokeness not a real thing ?
It's people bitching about social change, which is supposed to be a good thing.

I like the logo and would rather it stay, but I do not align with people who bitch about society trying to improve.

You are making a potential logo change a social issue. Why are you better than those 'woke' people turning it into a social issue?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Maybe this gets locked already but it is interesting to me these topics could answer questions like this but seem to never get there.

The people, like activist indigenous people, who are against the Blackhawks logo are against having their identity and cultures used in any sports reference. It is a smaller segment, but still a view. Part of their issues is there's still trouble with positive stereotype. Others will say theyre good with the honoring type of symbols, but not all. They argue that these symbols make people often view natives as the noble warrior types or a historical culture opposed to thinking of them as living cultures and people today.

That's simply what a basis of their arguments are, whether people agree or not
Pretty weak argument if you ask me.

Reactions: Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad