Do any of the prominent Canadian rock bands/artists have noted hockey affiliations?

DawnBTVS

Jul 7, 2006
MA, USA
Found this for Alanis Morissette: 'Captain' Morissette looking forward to Face-Off Rocks

"Believe it or not, Morissette is an honorary captain of the Ottawa Senators, a title she's kept since singing the national anthem before Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final at Scotiabank Place in Ottawa in 2007.

"I kind of cut my teeth with (Ottawa), to be honest, as I used to sing the national anthem there, sometimes with my twin brother (Wade), when I was a young girl," she said.

She was glad to hear the NHL, and in particular her favorite team, the Senators, had branched out to Europe to kick off the season."

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
In this case he might actually be right though. The Canadian music scene is an embarrassment
I think the "music" scene in general is an embarrassment. When I want to hear genuine music I turn to YouTube . There are some amazing artists that lack a giant PR machine and phoney image and just plain make great music.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
George Canyon is the Flames anthem singer and according to Wikipedia, he's won two Juno Awards and 7 Canadian Country Music Association Awards

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
DownieBruinsCourage.jpg

Harry Sinden was Gord Downie’s godfather.

50 Mission Cap is still a great story, but what about the other members of the band?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
She didn't exactly go all out on those other ones. She is also from Timmins( and was born in windsor) tends to be habs country. Though I have to admit playing to the crowd is important showmanship.

My wife is from Timmins, and she says its more of a Leafs town.
But like other Northern towns, it falls along language lines.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
In this case he might actually be right though. The Canadian music scene is an embarrassment

Why do you feel the Canadian music scene us an embarrassment?

Does anyone realize that over the last 20 years we have had
The biggest selling male artist
The biggest selling female artist 4 times -different artists
The biggest selling country artist
The biggest selling rock group
The biggest selling single ever
IN THE WORLD??!!!

Not bad for a country whose population can fit easily in a state!

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I've been in Chad's house (back before the Abby mansion just as he was starting to rake it in) and he had an Scatchard Islander jersey in his closet... a couple more too I think. I think I remember hearing that they were good buds.

Amusing to me as well that posters claim someone likes their team!

Nickleback, sorry Chad specifically, is a hockey fan with allegiance to not one team that I can recall. If so it was probably Calgary as I'm sure I would have remembered of he was an Oil fan. Could be the Isles too as you say.

Also those posting about The Hip, again specifically Gord, he was an incredible hockey fan. Definitely a Bruins fan through and through, but absolutely loved Toronto as his home away from Kingston.

The band itself had a strong relationship with the Oilers but that may have been the same with other teams as well.

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad