Do any of the prominent Canadian rock bands/artists have noted hockey affiliations?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Rheostatics are Leafs fans, Bidini is for sure.
Diana Krall is a Canucks fan, pretty sure. Only way I know this is a friend of the family was at a record signing aaaaages ago and he was wearing a Wings jersey and she commented on Fedorov and mentioned that she followed the Canucks. May have been just small talk.
Think Nivek Ogre is a Flames fan, but pretty indifferent to hockey overall.
Céline Dion was seen pumping the Vegas Knights, but she was a big Habs fan in the day.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Picture says it all.
gallery_3_5.jpg

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Can’t tell you any Canadian rock stars, but there’s a few kind of close. He’s a country singer, but Brett Kissel is a huge Oiler fan. And he’s not Canadian, but Daron Malakian (System of a down) is an Oiler fan. 50 Cent also rocks Oilers gear pretty regularly, but I don’t know how much of a fan he is

Reactions: RegDunlop

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Matthew Good is a Habs fan.

And yeah Downie was a Bruins fan. He's got a song on his last solo album about his love for them. Its called "You, me and the B's"

Reactions: FanSince72

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
She didn't exactly go all out on those other ones. She is also from Timmins( and was born in windsor) tends to be habs country. Though I have to admit playing to the crowd is important showmanship.

She wore a bunch of those outfits (including the Habs one) when she hosted the Juno awards.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Michael Buble is a co-owner of the Vancouver Giants, yeah. Huge hockey fan (Canucks)

Chad Brownlee (country musician, toured with Dallas Smith) is a former Canuck draft pick

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Goo Goo Dolls are huge Sabres fans

Bayside are big Rangers fans, they've even put out Rangers inspired merchandise.

Simple Plan are Habs fans.

Think some of The Bouncing Souls are Devils fans.

Pantera were huge Stars fans and even did the team's goal song.

Pretty sure Pennywise are Ducks fans.

Reactions: Nordiques1979

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I thought the Tragically Hip were more affiliated with the Maple Leafs.

No, Gord was a Bruins fan. He was a hockey fan in general though, and in 50 Mission Cap told the story of Bill Barilko, the fishing trip he never came back from and the cup winning goal he scored and the Leafs not winning the cup again until the year his body was found etc.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
No, Gord was a Bruins fan. He was a hockey fan in general though, and in 50 Mission Cap told the story of Bill Barilko, the fishing trip he never came back from and the cup winning goal he scored and the Leafs not winning the cup again until the year his body was found etc.
I already knew what the song was about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->