Do any of the prominent Canadian rock bands/artists have noted hockey affiliations?

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
No idea, but Kingston is Leaf country for the most part.
This is soo wrong, Kingston is very much Bruins country dating back to when Kingston were affiliated with the bruins. That is why sinden, Cherry and a bunch of Others were bruin faithful.

Reactions: RegDunlop

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Sebastian Bach?

Yeah but bach is not is real name. Its bierk. Zach was an nhl goalie, i know her sister is somewhat famous too. An artist or paintor if i can recall and zack was a goalie for the Petes then played a few years in the NHL

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Local indie folk musician Dan Bergesma occasionally follows the Oilers when happy hour is on. Yes, THE Daniel Bergesma.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is soo wrong, Kingston is very much Bruins country dating back to when Kingston were affiliated with the bruins. That is why sinden, Cherry and a bunch of Others were bruin faithful.

I lived in Kingston for five years and it’s not what it was.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I've been in Chad's house (back before the Abby mansion just as he was starting to rake it in) and he had an Scatchard Islander jersey in his closet... a couple more too I think. I think I remember hearing that they were good buds.
I read an interview and I don't feel like tracking down the link but Chad said they were Calgary fans in the 80's but it was hard not to cheer for the Oilers dynasty at times.

Edit: he was born in '74 so maybe it was just a childhood thing.

Last edited:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I lived in Kingston for five years and it’s not what it was.

They could say the same about Oshawa.
The Gens used and offshoot of the B's logo, and Orr was a Gen.
I heard they were kind of the Jr. team for the B's

Its the word going around among some parties.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Sebastian Bach, who was the lead singer of Skid Row during their golden years, is the brother of former Lightning/Wild/Coyotes goaltender Zac Bierk.

That’s really cool! I didn’t know that

Kevin Smith is also a Jersey/Oilers fan.

Smith is a lot of things, but he’s not a musician. If you’re not talking musicians, there’s countless people to name (eg GSP is an Oilers fan, Lesnar is a Jets fan, etc)

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
There hasn't been a good rock act out of Canada since Rush.

wrong. if you mean get big elsewhere then you're close but still not quite. we can help it if the USA and other places like our garbage. Quality gets pushed to the side stateside.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I'm positive Bill Leeb of Front Line Assembly, Delirium, and a million other side projects and collaborations said in an interview he was a Canucks fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad