Will He Get Claimed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Whats f***ed up about this is that we could have waived him and KEPT De La Rose. Further mismanagement from the usual suspects. Another fail in a long long line of fails.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Whats ****ed up about this is that we could have waived him and KEPT De La Rose. Further mismanagement from the usual suspects. Another fail in a long long line of fails.

I think they were hoping there wouldn't be interest for DLR and wanted to get him some good ice time instead of sitting in the press box. Even had Plekanec not been in the picture, DLR still would have been behind other players and sitting in the press box.

With Plekanec out and DLR in and everyone healthy, we'd be at 15 forwards - we'd still have to waive at least 1.

Reactions: Habs13

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
DLR can play wing on the 4th line, so he has nothing to do with Domi, Danault, Kotka. As for Poehling and Suzuki, we'll see what they do next year, but so far they aren't on the team and who knows what other moves would be made between now and next year.

Vejdemo isn't close to being as good as DLR was in the AHL at least so far. Evans maybe, but we'll have to see how much he can progress between now and next year. DLR was on pace for 18 pts last year once given a chance, he was on pace for 38 pts in his last AHL season, the only one where they actually left him alone for any length of time before calling him up right as he started putting together a string of good games only to send him back and have him start all over again.

That's just terrible development and poor asset management. Putting players on waivers is fine but not when they are 23 and have some upside on a team that is a non playoff team again and should be adding youth not giving it away for free.

It is poor asset management when you give away a player for free, I know some people go out of their way to protect management but I don't know how anyone can look at this and not think it's poor asset management even if DLR doesn't do anything in the NHL, we gave him away and then put Pleks on IR and then waived him. Sounds like someone with no plan or clue what they are doing. If you are going to waive Pleks, do it 2 days before putting DLR on waivers. It wouldn't hurt at all to have DLR as a spare forward to replace DLO or Shaw if they get injured or don't play well.

I don't agree that Peca has a better defensive game, but to me it's not about Peca, it's about giving away DLR for free and then turning around and waiving Pleks when all they had to do was do this move sooner and DLR would still be here. Even if DLR did nothing the rest of the season, would rather have him around then give him away for nothing only to then get rid of the player that cost us from keeping DLR.

DLR is gone. No loss at all and hardly poor asset management.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Why is everyone panicking about losing someone that wasn't even 0.5 ppg in the AHL. De La Rose is a dime a dozen player and Peca is so much better than him.

I know - its crazy, like 17+ pages of complaining because Will Bitten was traded - lol. Remember most of these people lost the head when 27 was traded and basically called Domi a plug, and surprise, now they all love him. It's just a typical section of the fanbase overreacting.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
I know - its crazy, like 17+ pages of complaining because Will Bitten was traded - lol. Remember most of these people lost the head when 27 was traded and basically called Domi a plug, and surprise, now they all love him. It's just a typical section of the fanbase overreacting.

Bitten is a scrub yeah. Bitten was barely a PPG in his 20 y.o season in junior. It's not impossible that he improves, but even late bloomers like Byron and Gourde had massive overage seasons. He's also struggling quite a bit at the AHL level. Good odds he's in ECHL in like 3 years.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Say what you want, maybe Plecky and DLR aren't big losses but we used to have depth at the center position, now we're one injury away from seeing Byron Froese in the NHL again.

Reactions: Runner77

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Forcing OT goal against NYR in his last playoff series (sad that was his last playoff series, if we had a competent GM it wouldn't have been).
It was on a nice feed from Radulov. Should have seen many more of those.

OT goal to keep us in the series against the Caps...

"Plekanec, who led the Canadiens in points during the regular season, sizzles one by Theodore"

"Plekanec to Cammalleri" The sweet chemistry these two had...

"Plekanec on Thomas...Scores! A short-handed goal. Plekanec ties the game!"

Thanks for those clips!!! He definitely had some great moments, thanks Pleky!!!! A class act all the way.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He made a fortune playing hockey, can't feel sorry for him, his NHL career was over. Sayonara Turtleneck, very happy I don't have to watch you play anymore.

He definitely collected retirement money in the last 3 years. Great job by his agent.

Reactions: Forum93 and jaffy27

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Whats ****ed up about this is that we could have waived him and KEPT De La Rose. Further mismanagement from the usual suspects. Another fail in a long long line of fails.
It’s like crying over the fact I dropped a nickel in the grass and can’t find it.

DLR is going nowhere. Yet boo boo, he was lost on waivers to the Red Wings. Good for him, an opportunity to make an NHL career. Sadly, unlikely to pan out.

But yes, let’s all cry about the loss of the big one that got away, Jacob De... what was his name again?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He made a fortune playing hockey, can't feel sorry for him, his NHL career was over. Sayonara Turtleneck, very happy I don't have to watch you play anymore.
That’s not nice.....guy was good for Montreal for many years. He got old in his field and slowed down, just like all of us will at some point.

Point is he gave us some good honest hockey, let’s show some respect as ladies and gentlemen

Waiting for De La Rose to show the world how it was a mistake to waive him.

Waiting for 15 goal seasons to highlight the mismanagement of this player.

My bet is Peca will outscore him...easily

Last edited by a moderator:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Waiting for De La Rose to show the world how it was a mistake to waive him.

Waiting for 15 goal seasons to highlight the mismanagement of this player.

My bet is Peca will outscore him...easily

That would be a nice poll to vote on -- who will have the more productive season, Peca or DLR? How would we measure "productive"? Offence only or defensive metrics combined with offence?

DLR has been getting decent ice time lately -- will he be able to continue playing as much?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We must be among the worst teams in drafting Swedes.

There are lots of top Swedish players, and we havent drafted one since Mats Naslund. What's up with that?

We went the Finnish route thinking they were alternate Scandinavians. Apparently they're not. :sarcasm:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Peca vs DLR debate is irrelevant when we just waived Plekanec... Clearly when could have waiver Plekanec earlier and hold on to DLR a little longer. With all the injuries maybe we could have keep him.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
This is suspiciously looking like MB simply signed him to play out his 1000th game in Montreal.

It looks a lot more like he signed him because the team was very weak at centre and there were very few options in that regard.

Both Domi and Kotkaniemi have wildly exceeded expectations at center which made Plekanec much less necessary.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not everyone thinks that the Peca vs DLR debate is irrelevant. Some believe Peca should have been waived before DLR -- several posts are saying just that.

How many of you would have rather held on to DLR over Peca?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
With Kotka sticking around and the team generally playing well this is not surprising. Don't see any takers at 3.5m but he will remain an option for us if someone gets hurt.

He would have only hit $3.5 million if he hit all of his bonuses which wouldn't have been likely.

Reactions: LeHab

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Yeah - you and others would lose their head if MB picked up a similar guy.

First of all, you have no idea how I or virtually any other poster would react to any particular deal. So stop with that trash.

Well who with a brain wouldn't? You let a guy go for nothing then replace him with a clone potentially giving up an asset?

Why let DLR go to replace him with another similar player? Makes zero sense.

Reactions: Runner77 and Edgy

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
So bergy didnt want to give and extra 4 million on 4 years to Radulov but he gave 2.25 million for less then 10 games for plecky. Add the lost of JDL for nothing... and this guys still as a job...... :(:huh::help:

His contract has been terminated, he won't get paid anywhere close to $2.25 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad