Waived: DLR/Pleks Waived

Will He Get Claimed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Can’t say I was very fond of him these last few years but still, he’s a player I liked for most of his career. His first full NHL season (2005-2006) is when I started following hockey (mostly the Habs) passionately and I still remember his first NHL goal vs the Leafs. Damn, nostalgia overload. :(

Enjoy your retirement Pleky.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The image comes from a Yahoo page dedicated to jersey fails or "jersey fouls" as they refer to them: Puck Daddy's Jersey Fouls

The Plekasex image first appeared on Dec. 21, 2014.

The same site features these gems, among many others:

2m5xh8.jpg

2m5xxd.jpg

2m5yhr.jpg

It's understandable on some level -- jerseys are expensive. :D

But given how expensive they are, I would just pay the extra money to have a new name and number put over the old one... I think it's $30 for the name, not sure about the number...

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But given how expensive they are, I would just pay the extra money to have a new name and number put over the old one... I think it's $30 for the name, not sure about the number...

There must be a better way than covering numbers and nameplates with paper and tape.

However, those patched up jerseys do have entertainment value to some extent.

Reactions: jaffy27 and 26Mats

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Why not try to trade him instead? I think Pleks showed his value on a team like the Leafs that were stacked down the middle, and Pleks shut down Bergeron's line pretty much since the minute he stepped into the series.

This makes no sense to me, but I'm also not surprised.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Why not try to trade him instead? I think Pleks showed his value on a team like the Leafs that were stacked down the middle, and Pleks shut down Bergeron's line pretty much since the minute he stepped into the series.

Sounded like Pleky did not want to play for any other team. So MB may have threatened him with it to leverage the termination lol

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Plekanec said he didn't want to play for another NHL team.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Plekanec would retire before being traded....in a year where cap money made no difference, it was a parting gift from the Canadiens to Plekanec......it was done the right way and I’m sure Plekanec was part of these discussions to be bought out.

Good on Plekanec and thank you Thomas for your years of loyal services.....movement jeunesse in full swing, time to move forward

Reactions: Acadien86

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is he better than any of Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Peca, Poehling and Suzuki? Because next year, he would've been below all these centers in the depth chart.
Evans and Vejdemo would probably even be a better option than De la rose next year.

How much better can he get? The guy showed no offense in the nhl and barely showed it in the ahl.
He hasn't done anything to be put on a higher level than guys like Froese and McCarron...

Every team send several players to waivers each year. Does every team have poor asset management?

DLR can play wing on the 4th line, so he has nothing to do with Domi, Danault, Kotka. As for Poehling and Suzuki, we'll see what they do next year, but so far they aren't on the team and who knows what other moves would be made between now and next year.

Vejdemo isn't close to being as good as DLR was in the AHL at least so far. Evans maybe, but we'll have to see how much he can progress between now and next year. DLR was on pace for 18 pts last year once given a chance, he was on pace for 38 pts in his last AHL season, the only one where they actually left him alone for any length of time before calling him up right as he started putting together a string of good games only to send him back and have him start all over again.

That's just terrible development and poor asset management. Putting players on waivers is fine but not when they are 23 and have some upside on a team that is a non playoff team again and should be adding youth not giving it away for free.

It wasn't poor asset management, people just need to complain.

It is poor asset management when you give away a player for free, I know some people go out of their way to protect management but I don't know how anyone can look at this and not think it's poor asset management even if DLR doesn't do anything in the NHL, we gave him away and then put Pleks on IR and then waived him. Sounds like someone with no plan or clue what they are doing. If you are going to waive Pleks, do it 2 days before putting DLR on waivers. It wouldn't hurt at all to have DLR as a spare forward to replace DLO or Shaw if they get injured or don't play well.

Absolutely Peca has shown so much more since he came in. Not even a question. Peca is a better skater, better offensively, better defensively. The only advantage that DLR has is size, and even then, he has 8 hits in 6 games playing around 17 minutes a game. Nobody would care about DLR if we didn't lose Byron and Armia to injury.

I don't agree that Peca has a better defensive game, but to me it's not about Peca, it's about giving away DLR for free and then turning around and waiving Pleks when all they had to do was do this move sooner and DLR would still be here. Even if DLR did nothing the rest of the season, would rather have him around then give him away for nothing only to then get rid of the player that cost us from keeping DLR.

Reactions: groovejuice

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Are people still crying internet tears here for a regular season hero? In a year he will be as memorable as Semin.

53 points in 94 playoff games isn't the end of the world. Remember, he was one of the best defensive centers in the game and great on the PK at his peak. We went to the conference finals with him twice, and he was great at shutting down the Bruins, Caps, and Pens' top players.

A little respect?

Reactions: Acadien86

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are people still crying internet tears here for a regular season hero? In a year he will be as memorable as Semin.

Yeah but ... who is going to take faceoff reps with Kotkaniemi, now? :naughty:

It is poor asset management when you give away a player for free, I know some people go out of their way to protect management but I don't know how anyone can look at this and not think it's poor asset management even if DLR doesn't do anything in the NHL, we gave him away and then put Pleks on IR and then waived him. Sounds like someone with no plan or clue what they are doing. If you are going to waive Pleks, do it 2 days before putting DLR on waivers. It wouldn't hurt at all to have DLR as a spare forward to replace DLO or Shaw if they get injured or don't play well.

Begs the question of how management assessed Plekanec's foreseeable future with the Habs, when they chose to waive DLR.

Did they not have an inkling at the time that Plekanec was a redundant asset and had reached the point where he was blocking the advancement of younger players?

I'm not disputing that DLR's market value was nil or close to nil otherwise I have to believe that MB would have converted him for a pick. However, as we've been arguing from the start of DLR's release, you just never know with a 23-year old who has displayed good skating ability, has decent size and who is good defensively, what could become of him -- especially that he was a homegrown player. Instead of that, they've chosen to favor the likes of Plekanec and Alzner over him.

Last edited by a moderator:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
53 points in 94 playoff games isn't the end of the world. Remember, he was one of the best defensive centers in the game and great on the PK at his peak. We went to the conference finals with him twice, and he was great at shutting down the Bruins, Caps, and Pens' top players.

A little respect?
I respect the player but my fondest memories of Pleks came during the regular season that's all.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I respect the player but my fondest memories of Pleks came during the regular season that's all.

Forcing OT goal against NYR in his last playoff series (sad that was his last playoff series, if we had a competent GM it wouldn't have been).
It was on a nice feed from Radulov. Should have seen many more of those.

OT goal to keep us in the series against the Caps...

"Plekanec, who led the Canadiens in points during the regular season, sizzles one by Theodore"

"Plekanec to Cammalleri" The sweet chemistry these two had...

"Plekanec on Thomas...Scores! A short-handed goal. Plekanec ties the game!"

Last edited:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Someone change the title for retired so that we can give him a proper tribute.

Awesome player that should deserve the respect of all Habs fans.

A bit sooner than expected but wish him all the best.

Reactions: Harpo

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Well, if that's all it takes for you form an opinion, so be it.

He didn't play for the 1976-1979 Habs, so let's compare his 15 seasons to a guy that played 15 games with the Habs.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well, if that's all it takes for you form an opinion, so be it.

He didn't play for the 1976-1979 Habs, so let's compare his 15 seasons to a guy that played 15 games with the Habs.
It's what I saw man, he was a good regular season player. Maybe I have lost some memories or something.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
He made a fortune playing hockey, can't feel sorry for him, his NHL career was over. Sayonara Turtleneck, very happy I don't have to watch you play anymore.

Reactions: Runner77

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
Why do you keep talking about trades?

I have repeated that this is a player I would have kept and used, he's a better player than the host of players we are currently using on the 4th line.

I'm not sure what you're having trouble grasping here.

I didnt insult you, you made a terrible post, I just responded in kind.

I'm sure you're a fine human being.

I've addressed this several times, you didnt get it then, it doesn't appear you will now either.

I already acknowledged this in our previous exchange...

The part you aren't grasping at all is that to keep DRL, somebody else has to go.
Who is that and what do we get in exchange?
Do you not grasp the fact that you can't keep everyone?
Pull out your XBOX and make the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad