Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Besides it's not like he was out there targeting the best players on Boston we all know he's not that kind of player.

Joking aside, of course it was, but it doesn't really matter, that's just the game and certainly his game. Marchand finished that period and the next and was a wrecking ball himself at times. Could have just been a maintenance issue for him. Hopefully it doesn't linger and we get a good game 4

So much of a wrecking ball that they generated a handful of shots the entire 2nd period. Might want to focus on generating scoring chances over trying to goad Barkov into a fight. Boston is trying to out hit a team that is built for that type of game.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Looks like a very weak punch. Bennett sees Marchand coming, extends his arm, and Marchands head goes backwards. You could almost call this a brace but Bennett knew what he was doing and wanted to give Marchand a shot at the same time.

That's what I see anyways.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Looks like a very weak punch. Bennett sees Marchand coming, extends his arm, and Marchands head goes backwards. You could almost call this a brace but Bennett knew what he was doing and wanted to give Marchand a shot at the same time.

That's what I see anyways.
Could be both, Marchand initiated the hit, and one way or the other got the worst of it, he was also still good for 2 periods and was still throwing it around himself. It is too hard to say this was the exact moment his injury happened, and why.

Bang bang play when it happened.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
There’s no punch at all. What are we doing here. Marchand tried to take a run at Bennett and got the worst end of it.
This is the correct answer..............you can lock er up boys.
Marshy initiated it, and he also got the worst of the collision.
Remember, he is just a little fella compared to most out there.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Literally cant see a punch at all in that video. Really reaching huh.
He does extend his right hand, the slow mo version shows that under more review, but its impossible to say it was intentional or that that is what caused the injury, unless we are going purely off reputations.

Don't ever like to see guys get hurt, but its definently not premeditated. Bennett was the puck carrier, lol, he was the one getting hit by Marchand, he just didn't get the worst of it, most Bs fans wont agree, but that's the way it goes.

Reactions: Mase

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
IMG_3548.jpeg

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Dirtiest player in the league, hitting the 2nd dirtiest player in the league. If it was anyone else other than Marchand I'd be pretty upset, but that's Karma.

Overall yeah it's a dirty play, clearly punches him in the head. Then again it's Marchand and he's earned that reputation.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Don't know what's funnier really...

People complaining about Marchand eating his lunch after trying to deliver a late-hit to a player coming back from injury and getting the worst of it... Or Leafs fans still salty over that hug to Matthew Knies last year ! lool

Talk about some desperate fan-bases !

The six of us over there in Pantherland don't see any problems with those plays, but it's probably because we don't understand hockey !! :D

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Only video I can find so far, I can’t really tell so I figured I’d post it. Even if it is a punch it seems hard to prove it was calculated/intentional.

Yeah, definitely punch there, the way Bennett looks around after makes it pretty obvious he was aware of something too. I couldn’t figure out how he hurt himself there last night, so this makes sense.

Whatever, cheap is cheap. I’m not going to bother worrying about it. These threads devolve into foolishness always. I mean who braces for a check from their left by reaching out their right hand to the other guys head, it’s like saying Trouba put his elbow up to brace against the boards. LOL.

Reactions: bme44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad