Waived: DLR/Pleks Waived

Will He Get Claimed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Always loved Pleks, but he was never on the level of Markov in regards to impact on the team. MB screwed this up royally imo. Showed great respect to Plekanecs which I was happy to see to be completely honest, but treated Markov like a door mat. I will never understand it, but imo if only one should have played their 1000 games with the CH it was clearly Marky. Played multiple contracts without even taking a raise and was still playing at a very high level. I can't even begin to try to understand MB's thought process here. Then he signs an infinitely worse d in Alzner for long term. I think these moves upset me more than the PK trade, each day I change my mind on which move was worse. I can't imagine wtf was going through his head when he decided to let Marky/Radulov go and hang onto 8 million in cap.

Completely unforgivable the moves he's made up until this offseason.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
terrible asset management, just because people think DLR sucks and won't get any better, it's not like we have an over abundance of riches where we can just give away young players like DLR and Bitten for free. Sure maybe both don't do anything, it's not the point, we should be adding youth not giving it away for free. It's nothing against Pleks, but if you didn't do it for Markov, who was one of our best players at the time, then it shouldn't be done for Pleks.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Peca is at least able to chip in offensively when playing on the 4th line, in the first 35 games last year DLR got points in 2 games and both were against Detroit when Drouin was out and we scored 16 goals combined in those games.

Peca chipped in offensively yesterday. What did he do before?

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Someone can answer these questions for me:

Was Plekanec on IR when JDLR was dropped on waivers?
If so, doesn't Plekanec being on IR leaves an extra room on the roster?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Sucks to lose JDLR for nothing, but at least there's better chance we keep Hudon/Scherbak now. I was afraid we would lose another youngster just to make room for Plekanec. Dont know what will happen with Scherbak and Hudon but I prefer the mystery box to the empty box.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Someone can answer these questions for me:

Was Plekanec on IR when JDLR was dropped on waivers?
If so, doesn't Plekanec being on IR leaves an extra room on the roster?

Pleks was put on IR after DLR was picked off waivers. We are at 23 so when Schelemko comes back, which I assume is soon, someone has to go.

Reactions: Acadien86

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I'd trade a 5th, Bitten and JDLR for Reilly.
I never got the hype around Reilly. Hes nothing special. He looks good on the ice because of his skating ability and obviously it was a superb buy low attempt by paying only a 5th, but I dont see him as a top 4D on a contender.

Then again, I was shitting on Domi and hes making me eat crow. I hope Reilly does the same.

Reactions: Acadien86

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I never got the hype around Reilly. Hes nothing special. He looks good on the ice because of his skating ability and obviously it was a superb buy low attempt by paying only a 5th, but I dont see him as a top 4D on a contender.

Then again, I was ****ting on Domi and hes making me eat crow. I hope Reilly does the same.

I'm not particular high on him. I see him as a great 3rd pairing guy or on a 2nd pairing with a better Dman. That being said, the odds that any of Bitten, JDLR or that 5th round pick becomes better than him are slim.

Reactions: Tyson and MaxDummy

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
And really gonna miss this picture whenever Pleks scored.

PLEK.jpg

So long Pleky....

Weve seen this picture so much i feel like i f***ing KNOW the guy now lol, im sure i could spot him on the street

durojean

May 29, 2007
Wow... I hate Bergevin as a gm.

How classless could you be. Pretty sure that those kind of moves are why he get no respect around the league.

Reactions: Kimota

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pleks was put on IR after DLR was picked off waivers. We are at 23 so when Schelemko comes back, which I assume is soon, someone has to go.

Armia will be placed on IR opening up a roster spot for Schlemko. And then Scherbak returns and Agostino goes back to Laval.

We'll see when Weber, Armia, and Byron return if they'll be healthy or not. If they will be, then it'll be interesting to see what moves they will make.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Armia will be placed on IR opening up a roster spot for Schlemko. And then Scherbak returns and Agostino goes back to Laval.

We'll see when Weber, Armia, and Byron return if they'll be healthy or not. If they will be, then it'll be interesting to see what moves they will make.

They will need a forward, right now with Scherbak in the AHL we have only 12 forwards. Forgot that Armia isn't on IR yet. They can just carry 8 D for now and just go with 1 extra forward when Scherbak gets back and then once Byron is back then either they trade Scherbak or send Agostino down.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
terrible asset management, just because people think DLR sucks and won't get any better, it's not like we have an over abundance of riches where we can just give away young players like DLR and Bitten for free. Sure maybe both don't do anything, it's not the point, we should be adding youth not giving it away for free. It's nothing against Pleks, but if you didn't do it for Markov, who was one of our best players at the time, then it shouldn't be done for Pleks.

Bitten's trade was dumb, but there was clearly no future with de la rose in Montreal. I dont see how you can argue against that.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If this was always the plan just to get Pleks to 1,000 games in Montreal why did we let DLR go?

Anyways, congratulations on a great career Plekanec. Good luck in your future.

Reactions: Andrei79

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bitten's trade was dumb, but there was clearly no future with de la rose in Montreal. I dont see how you can argue against that.

so you can see the future? DLR at 23 can't get any better?

Even if he doesn't it's not the point, the point is poor asset management to give away young players for free. We should be adding them not giving them away.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
So much for this business and company being more transparent about things lol they are even les transparent and lie even more. Not that this news is a big deal, its w/e but still can this organization at least try to be honest and transparent once and awhile, especially after you preached that you would be all summer

You understand that you can't use IR loopholes effectively *and* publicly say the player isn't really injured, right? And that this is done in the team's interest? Or are you one of those guys who would accuse the organization of a lack of transparency if Timmins doesn't release his prospect ranking list before the draft?

Regarding Plekanec... I always liked this player. Definitely exceeded all expectations. Sucks to see him go but I guess it was time.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Loved Pleks! Great player, great person. He's clearly not a quality NHL'er anymore, although I could see a really bad team taking a flyer on him just to have that kind of person in the locker room. If he wants to keep playing, I hope it happens. If not, it was a great career and I'll never forget him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad