Post-Game Talk: Division Champs boys

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Lockdown will probably end before the playoffs begin. The restaurants are already getting their outdoor patios ready, maybe there is a chance for limited numbers of fans to attend.
I don't think they are going to end on May 20, right before the long weekend. Probably looking at a 1-2 week extension IMO.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I don't want him in our division. I hate passing trap teams so boring. Also price on a competent trap team gives me Brodeur devil's vibes and I don't want that for the habs

Don't think he's bilingual.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We will possibly finish 4 th overall. Not to shabby mates :)

Winning the division seemed like the goal when the season started. It didn’t fizz me winning it. Expectations are higher after seeing how good the team is.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
We will possibly finish 4 th overall. Not to shabby mates :)

Winning the division seemed like the goal when the season started. It didn’t fizz me winning it. Expectations are higher after seeing how good the team is.

Obviously we cannot look past first and second round matchups, and I'm sure if we do get to both rounds, we will get the best version of whatever team that is and need to be good, but after 54 games within this division, I am confident we can take anyone and the expectation, for me, is final 4.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
The habs historically only hire French speaking coaches. It’s slim pickings out there
I remember one year the Habs hired an american coach as an interim and habs fans were furious lol. Can't remember his name but it was fairly recent. So ridiculous.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Don't know which is better, locking up the division or watching silly Scab fans post they have deeper talent then us and are going to win the playoff series. It really is quite remarkable how delusional some of them are.

Reactions: Brobust

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Obviously we cannot look past first and second round matchups, and I'm sure if we do get to both rounds, we will get the best version of whatever team that is and need to be good, but after 54 games within this division, I am confident we can take anyone and the expectation, for me, is final 4.

It depends on how this core battles in tighter checking playoffs. The defense is better and keeps the confidence tight in all situations is my guess.

I would like to see a nice tidy and efficient playoff first round. That will be a good indicator of how they will play. We don’t take many penalties and are a good 5v5 scoring team. Makes for a simple playoff plan of work hard and remain disciplined.

edit: would have gave your post a like but I’m fresh out of like buttons :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Don't know which is better, locking up the division or watching silly Scab fans post they have deeper talent then us and are going to win the playoff series. It really is quite remarkable how delusional some of them are.
Really eh. Par for the course because they think denial is a river in Egypt

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I don't want him in our division. I hate passing trap teams so boring. Also price on a competent trap team gives me Brodeur devil's vibes and I don't want that for the habs

Price is cooked. The Habs are already a decent defensive team and he can barely tread water now.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019

We do this every year but we lost to Columbus. Let’s be humble this year at least until after 4 wins in the P lol. Let’s hope Campbell can come through though he seems mentally very strong but you never know until you know

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
We do this every year but we lost to Columbus. Let’s be humble this year at least until after 4 wins in the P lol. Let’s hope Campbell can come through though he seems mentally very strong but you never know until you know
I would say the opposite to be honest. Gets down on himself way too much for nothing goals in nothing games.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Just dont see it. Line matchups top to bottom we crush them. Now playoffs are always a different beast but come on.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I would say the opposite to be honest. Gets down on himself way too much for nothing goals in nothing games.
Interesting yea I see that angle too. But it can also be a healthy desire to improve and be the best. I guess it comes down to how he channels that energy. As long as he’s not getting too nervous after.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Interesting yea I see that angle too. But it can also be a healthy desire to improve and be the best. I guess it comes down to how he channels that energy. As long as he’s not getting too nervous after.

Ya goalies are just weird. I sometimes worry too about Campbells mental state but then I just remind myself that goalies are weird, and I shouldn't pay much attention to what they say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad