NHL 19 Discussion Thread - Part II

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They told a step into the right direction in the Franchise mode with the new scouting system.
They just need to add more to the game, it is hard to get money to spend on improving the parking lot and seats and stuff., esp if the team is winning and making the most money in the league.
Players should re-sign with more home team discounts or home town discounts.
Allow AHL offers for players.
more interactions with players and also medias.
Don't understand why there is no training options where teams can hire skating or shooting coach to improve the players abilities.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Yet another survey from EA + update on beta rollback

Beta Tuner Rollback Update + Current Gameplay Feedback Survey
Hey everyone!

As we posted back in mid-December, we are going to be rolling back to the Beta tuners for feedback purposes. Ahead of us rolling back to the Beta tuner, we wanted to let the server change for HUT to settle and gather feedback from you around the current state of gameplay.

Below is link to a survey for you to fill out based off of your feedback around the CURRENT gameplay experience in NHL 19. This survey is to be used for your experience with the latest up-to-date tuner (v1.03) and will close once the Beta tuner is live. Please answer it as honestly as possibly, as your feedback is very important.

SURVEY LINK: NHL 19 Gameplay Feedback

After we receive feedback from a wide set of the community and we feel that the HUT server change has settled, we will be in position to rollback to the Beta tuner and gather your feedback on the Beta tuner. We will update you the day before the Beta tuner goes live and will be providing you a new survey to fill out based on your experience with the Beta tuner. Once the Beta tuner is live, it will be live for a week (7 days).

When it is released, the Beta tuner will be live in all online modes with the option to go back to it in offline modes.

Thank you in advanced for your feedback,

- The EA SPORTS NHL team

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I usually don't play franchise mode with injuries turned on but I wanted to see how "realistic" that has become since the last NHL game I played (NHL 16). Injuries have definitely gotten better when you simulate most of the games like I do, but I have noticed something that is completely annoying me. Almost every time a player is "available to play the next game" and gets back into the lineup they end up re-injuring themselves the first game back. It has happened a lot recently and it just seems to be completely unnecessary.

Reactions: kinger8998

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
I usually don't play franchise mode with injuries turned on but I wanted to see how "realistic" that has become since the last NHL game I played (NHL 16). Injuries have definitely gotten better when you simulate most of the games like I do, but I have noticed something that is completely annoying me. Almost every time a player is "available to play the next game" and gets back into the lineup they end up re-injuring themselves the first game back. It has happened a lot recently and it just seems to be completely unnecessary.
Is the player fully healthy? Because if they are lightly injured, they have a big risk of getting injured again.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
If it’s a concussion or something foot/leg related don’t put them back in the lineup as soon as their eligible to play again. Especially the concussion. This was a thing in 18 as well.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
There's something you can change in settings to only alert you when a player is fully healthy instead of available to play.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
This game is terrible and I’m pretty good at it. I haven’t played it in over a month and my life has been better for it.

What are even your standards/expectations for a good EA ran game? A more realistic gameplay wouldn't necessarily be better. It's just impossible to please everyone.

PS Life is better without video games overall.

GagneHanson12

Aug 15, 2011
There's something you can change in settings to only alert you when a player is fully healthy instead of available to play.
The moronic thing about that is that it legitimately changes nothing. I have that chosen and still have reoccuring sore hips, concussions, etc.

It's like they put the function in, and the guy making it copy and pasted from playable but forgot to change it to work properly.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Beta rollback officially happening from the 17th to the 24th 18th to the 25th.

BETA TUNER DETAILS + FEEDBACK THREAD
Hey NHL Community,

We just wanted to start this thread off by saying thank you for your participation and feedback on the current gameplay tuner! We received a lot of feedback that we are currently collecting, as well as collecting your responses in the forums. As we reach the final stages of the Beta tuner rollback, the current gameplay tuner survey will close Wednesday, January 16th @ 3 PM PT.

BETA TUNER DETAILS
  • WHEN: Thursday, January 17th at 02:00 AM PT until Thursday, January 24th at 02:00 AM PT
  • WHERE: All Online Modes (Offline users can switch back to it through settings; explained below)
  • WHAT TUNER WILL THIS BE: Tuner 1.00 from the NHL 19 Beta that was released on August 2nd

Once the tuner is live, a Gameplay Tuner update will be downloaded that will revert the tuner update changes for online modes.

HOW TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK
On Friday, January 18th at 2 PM PT, we will be releasing the Beta Tuner Feedback Survey. You will be able to find a link to it in-game, on our Twitter, and in this thread when it goes live. The survey will be available until Thursday, January 24th at 02:00 PM PT.

As a reminder, you are only able to complete the survey once. Please be sure you've played an adequate number of games until you submit your feedback, as you will not be able to resubmit or change your answers after you have submitted it.

Additionally, in the Beta Tuner survey, we will also be providing an additional field to leave any additional comments regarding the Beta Tuner. You can also leave your feedback in this thread, or on social media by tweeting at myself (@TheFlopFish) or the EA SPORTS NHL account (@EASPORTSNHL).

LINK TO FEEDBACK SURVEY: Will be provided January 18th @ 2 PM PT.

FAQ

Q: What will have changed with the tuner rollback for online modes?
A: All changes in the NHL 19 Tuner Notes Master List will be reverted in all online modes.

Q: How can I rollback to the Beta Tuner for Offline Modes?
A: For offline modes, you can rollback to the Beta tuner by doing the following steps:
  1. From the home menu, scroll down to All Modes
  2. Go to "Settings"
  3. Go to "Gameplay Sliders"
  4. Under General, go to "Gameplay Version" and switch it to v1.00
NOTE: Offline users will revert back to the September 1st Tuner update.

Q: Why do offline users have to manually change it?
A: We wanted to provide ability to allow offline users to continue using their preferred tuner in offline modes. This also provides with the opportunity to change back and play on the current tuner in offline modes to compare and contrast if you desire.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: Find out why here

Q: What will happen after the Beta Tuner rollback is over?
A: Once the Beta Tuner rollback is over, the gameplay tuner will revert to the same one before the rollback (v1.3)

Q: When will you action on the feedback?
A: After the Beta tuner is over, we will be utilizing the feedback we received from the original Beta survey, the current gameplay survey, and the Beta Tuner Rollback survey. From there, we will utilize your feedback to help guide the next NHL 19 tuner update.

EDIT: Pushed back to the 18th

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's so, so much better it's not even funny.

- Hitting works again like it did. Obviously bigger guys are harder to bump off the puck but the wave of "let me rag the puck along the boards endlessly since everyone just deflects off of me" seems to be gone. At the very least you can slow guys down.

- Goalies seem...smarter. I had a guy try and pick top corner all game and he only got like one through. I also got stoned on like 3 two on ones because the goalie read the play right instead of just doing the same crap over and over.

- Defense feels better in general. Don't need to rely on just poke checking to play.

Skating isn't quite where it was at launch but this is still far more preferable.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Oh my god, ranked versus nowadays is unplayable. I'm talking like top ten ranked versus. It's just a bunch of two button gameplay where kids skate in circles and take four shots a game. Yikes.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I really haven't noticed a big difference with this tuner. The only difference is that sometimes when you make a big hit the player drops their stick.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
A new tuner was supposed to be released this morning but it's been postponed until they fix something

Gameplay Updates Based on Beta Tuner Rollback Feedback
UPDATE JANUARY 25: Late last night we caught an issue with one of the tuner changes not working properly and have postponed the release of it. We will provide more details when we get them.
Hey everyone,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First and foremost, thank you everyone for providing feedback regarding the Beta Tuner rollback. We received a significant amount of feedback from the entire community and have taken that feedback in as we work on our next tuner to help make the gameplay better for everyone.

While we have been hard at work collecting and digesting all the feedback from the surveys and written responses, we have also been working on getting the next tuner ready so we can get it in game as soon as possible.

We’re excited to announce that the next tuner update will be coming on January 25th at 02:00 AM PST/05:00 AM EST, which is tonight! The tuner will be built directly off of the feedback we received from the past two weeks. In order for us to do this quickly, you will once again see it as an update to Tuner 1.03 as we are first making the updates to online modes only, just as we did for the rollback. Entering any online experience, you will be asked to redownload that tuner to get the changes for the online modes. Offline players will still be able to choose any of the existing tuners they were using and use their own personal settings like they could before.

We will continue to monitor gameplay with this new foundation and will eventually put up a 1.04 tuner with final tuning that will be able to be used Offline as well.

First and foremost, this new tuner update will use the Beta Tuner (v1.00) as the foundation for gameplay. When going through the feedback, a lot of people preferred the core gameplay aspects of v1.00 especially related to both skating and hitting.

With Tuner v1.00 as the foundation, we will be making the following adjustments to align with feedback we received:
  • AI skaters will not perform defensive actions against active puck carriers
    • The Beta Tuner Rollback allowed this for the first 2-4 frames, which is why people saw the change in the AI
    • Note: the AI will maintain their skating aggression and positioning from the roll back as people preferred it as opposed to the past gameplay tuner
  • AI skaters will not commit penalties in Online VS or HUT
  • Reduced the chance ai skaters will put the puck over the glass for delay of game penalties in World of Chel
  • Added back in the forehand stick lift faceoff win speed increase
  • Added in the fix to the energy regained at the whistle so that we see more realistic rolling of lines
    • Many players commented that they felt they were able to stack their lines to use their top players more frequently, which provided less of a realistic experience.
  • Tuning fixes for AI Goalie logic for when to play the puck out of their net
    • Sometimes goalies were getting a little too aggressive; this will help prevent that
  • Added back in consistency for user goalies to transition to post hug at extreme facing directions
  • Tuned back in the penalty logic changes around trips
  • Tuned back in the pokecheck accuracy improvements
  • Split the difference on the stick lift penalty tuning so it will be between Tuner 1.00 and Tuner 1.03
    • A majority of the community mentioned that while stick lifts were too strong in the Beta Tuner, they were also causing too many penalties in 1.03 which made them less effective. This change should help find the proper balance for them.
  • Added back in puck pickup tuning fixes
  • Tuning out dropped and broken sticks again in online modes
  • Added back in the tuning to increase loose puck deke success
  • Tuned back in the changes to lower goalies’ ability to react to passes as quickly when they aren’t reading pass
  • Tuned back in fix to lower assistance on goalie passes
  • Finally, we split the difference between Tuner 1.00 and Tuner 1.03 on the incidental puck loss distance tuning but keeping the low relative speed hitting tuning from 1.00
    • This will help address the complaints we saw in Tuner 1.03 around players being unable to bump players off the puck at low speeds in the corner, but reduce the amount of incidental contact puck loss that we also saw complaints about from Tuner 1.00

Again, we thank you for your constructive feedback in forums, on Twitter, and in messages. The detailed feedback we saw along with the video clips we received allowed us to understand and address the issues to help make the game better.

We’re excited for you to get your hands on the new update and we look forward to seeing your feedback on it!

-The EA SPORTS NHL team

TL;DR
- 1.00 skating and hitting
- 1.00 bumps
- Hybrid 1.00/1.03 stick lifts
- Hybrid 1.00/1.03 incidental contact
- 1.03 pokes
- 1.03 puck pickups
- 1.03 loose puck dekes
- No more broken/dropped sticks

(there are other things, but these are the main points)

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
How do you all scout prospects?

Do you just do Comparison and potential or do you scout other traits first and then go for the potential rating?
Other traits first. You can usually get all players in the first 6 rounds with full scouting reports with 12 amateur scouts.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
The online EASHL is just full of glitches.

Just had a team play me where I would take a shot on their goalie and they’d cover it up and then hack and slash me until they got a penalty after the whistle. Only instead of giving me a penalty shot, the face off goes to the other end so they get a face off in their offensive zone.

How they release this game every year with all of these issues I don’t know.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Just picked it up for $20 on sale. How does scouting work?

I have players on my AHL teams with ??? for potential. From what I see, I can't scout my own team.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
i turn off the fog of war... wasnt personally a fan of it. dont find it realistic whatsoever because in todays world everyone knows what nhl/ahl players are like because of social media/highlights. personally i think they should focus on scouting for prospects/the draft and then start adding smaller, other details like such:

- hiring/firing coaches
- attempt to host all star weekend/play in winter classic or staidum series games
- mid Franchise expansion....preset expansion for certain seasons (ie: 2025 expand to Houston/GTA)
- realistic salaries. ive done pretty well in my GM modes with trying to seriously consider realistic salaries for players, but i occaisuonally sign an elite player on the very cheap desl available.
- really small detail but i think they should really focus on getting faces in for draft prospects. just a pet peeve of mine when a player whos name is known doesnt have a face when i draft him. again, maybe my OCD but it just irks me

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
What is with all these penalties. The computer keeps taking like 20 penalties a game against me, it's getting ridiculous. I've even changed the sliders a lot and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Hahaha omg they made the game even worse with the last updates, back into a stupid random shit fest. Officially done.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad