NHL 19 Discussion Thread - Part II

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
i turn off the fog of war... wasnt personally a fan of it. dont find it realistic whatsoever because in todays world everyone knows what nhl/ahl players are like because of social media/highlights. personally i think they should focus on scouting for prospects/the draft and then start adding smaller, other details like such:

- hiring/firing coaches
- attempt to host all star weekend/play in winter classic or staidum series games
- mid Franchise expansion....preset expansion for certain seasons (ie: 2025 expand to Houston/GTA)
- realistic salaries. ive done pretty well in my GM modes with trying to seriously consider realistic salaries for players, but i occaisuonally sign an elite player on the very cheap desl available.
- really small detail but i think they should really focus on getting faces in for draft prospects. just a pet peeve of mine when a player whos name is known doesnt have a face when i draft him. again, maybe my OCD but it just irks me
must inform some GMs that make stupid trades often........

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
The EASHL has been such a disappoinment this year. First , who’s stupid idea was to allow change the net pipe color to white? It’s like the net is just invisible. (Some clubs do this, it’s annoying).
Second - CPU is taking unnecessary stupid penalties especially in key moments in last period. Why? If you have a cpu defender - he’s the worst - terrible at passing, giveaway machine....
Third- what’s with the animation delay? Everytime you try to fake a goalie and go backhand, forehand, backhand, shot - it just shoots forehand in the chest. (There is no delay in other modes)
Four - no matter if you aim at the bottom or top corner it always shoots the puck in the goalie’s chest - even if youre not close and the whole net is open.

And recently ive been cursed - hitting thousands of crossbars, posts, meanwhile opponents score some crappy ass goals that never should go in every game.

Reactions: Dick Sledge

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Have been playing 2018 since 2019 still sucks I hear but really why does it seem like my goalies are useless and almost every goalie I face is some Vezina candidate?

AI is either useless or f***ing stupid. Bringing the puck up the right side to do a 2 on 1 and my LW the moron either skates into me creating a offsides or skates on the opposite side of me or just slows down stops and only skates back to me when the chance is gone

EA needs to get their shit together

how is it that computer AI tap me in a check I fall and take forever to get up or they tap the puck and I lose it. When I hit them full force they barely fall or spring up and it takes me 2-3 poke checks to take the puck from em.

Team mate AI is stupid too. guys always out of position.

Doughty just standing their as Reinhart scores.

Also I find some guys have like a lock on em. won a face off and it went towards one of my D men. I click pick player over and over it never goes to him, right after the other team gets the puck I can then control dude.

Seriously EA f***ing sucks

Last edited:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
What are the most important attributes for a goalie?

in simming or in game? even then i dont know, i can have goalies with any random set up of attributes in franchise mode and its hard to tell what really makes them good. i feel like angles and speed/agility are important? id assume the glove stats as well

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Just bought it couple of days ago, one thing I cannot stand is the tripping calls, one poke and it's in the box I go.

What's a good way to poke check without the other player falling down so easily?

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Just bought it couple of days ago, one thing I cannot stand is the tripping calls, one poke and it's in the box I go.

What's a good way to poke check without the other player falling down so easily?
Don’t poke check.

Yea no really don’t poke check. No surprises down here.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Had a hankering to play this so I picked it up on sale. Stopped after 20 minutes and returned it. Could be the worst video game I have ever played. From the UI to the loading speed for doing simple things to the gameplay itself...it's a horrible game.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Havent played in quite awhile, was there a post deadline rosterupdate?

And did they boost scoring rates for franchise mode at all? Was still getting 85 point at Ross winner's and most 'snipers' would score 20 goals, 50 assist type splits.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY

Could someone explain to me what I did wrong here?

Under NO circumstances when I have two players in the same general direction, should the game decide to pass the puck to the third man on the rush when he's behind both f***ing defenders. I mean f***ing seriously. Never ever think a win in this game is earned. It's 90% luck that this sort of shit doesn't happen to you, 5% lag confusing the game when deciding who to give the luck to, and 5% skill.

Reactions: Turin

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

Could someone explain to me what I did wrong here?

Under NO circumstances when I have two players in the same general direction, should the game decide to pass the puck to the third man on the rush when he's behind both ****ing defenders. I mean ****ing seriously. Never ever think a win in this game is earned. It's 90% luck that this sort of **** doesn't happen to you, 5% lag confusing the game when deciding who to give the luck to, and 5% skill.

Seems like realism to me with the Sabres making that pass.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Seems like realism to me with the Sabres making that pass.
:laugh:

For sure. The game is depressingly realistic in that regard. The Sabres are also realistically slower (outside of one or two players maybe) and easier to knock off the puck than any other team. Why I subject myself to playing as them, I'm not entirely sure... probably the same crazy reason I still watch them.

Season started party on
Jul 8, 2007
EA keeps offering me this game for about a bucket of chicken and change.

18 bucks now.

And I still won't buy it. Boycotting EA NHL this year after that terrible game I played for 10-15 hours. I gave it a chance, I've been playing since NHL 1993

Reactions: Turin

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
Has anyone ever seen something like this?
I went for a hit (which is the same for shoot), instead i shot the puck - it went of the boards behind the net,bounced off the goalie skate and in the net.
Me and my friend were laughing for 10 straight minutes:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
So, I'm going into what I believe is the final year of my second contract in franchise mode. I've decided that I'm moving on from my current team and picking a new team to take over at the end of this season.

Does anyone know if my scouting staff will come with me?

I may not even bother scouting during this season if they don't come with me.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Why I continue to play this game is beyond me.
It's absolutely garbage.

The AI is so locked into whatever scheme you're playing that they don't react intelligently to what's actually happening on the ice. There's literally nothing more infuriating than seeing a player a few feet from the puck who just decided to turn sround and get back to position rather than taking a stride and grabbing the puck.

There's absolutely no intelligence whatsoever about the AI.

Also maybe it's just me, but there's wayyyyy to much going on to worry about what kinda scheme you're playing midgame. Like you should definitely be able to control how you want to play(aggressively, normal, conservative) but there's WAY to much going on to adjust throughout the game. Also why the f*** aren't the line changes better. This is the NHL, players aren't going to stay on the ice until theyre dead because the coach doesn't call them off the ice. Players should automatically change the first chance they get once they've exerted 25% of their energry. Nobody is staying on long enough to drain their entire energy for the period.

I'm absolutely done buying these games.

The fixes to make this game good are so simple yet the ea staff focuses on shit that nobody cares about. Gameplay should come first, no matter what. It really makes me wonder if anyone on the dev team has ever played competitive hockey(no beer league doesn't count)

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

It used to be even worse when the game came out. Yea basically the only way to play defense is to stick lift (sometimes) and constantly hump the puck carrier until RNG gives you the puck. It’s the least fun NHL ever.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’m no sweaty glitch monster but my record in Online VS is 41-6-3 and I hate 90% of every game :laugh:. Passing and gap control was my thing and now simple passes are impossible and pokechecking was basically removed because ADD kids with tunnel vision complained that they couldn’t just skate down the ice without passing.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Does anyone have problems with switching between players when the other team has the puck? It can’t just be me but when I’m in the dzone and trying to switch to the defenseman down low instead of running around with a forward at the point, the game refuses to let me. It flat out refuses to switch to any player that is not in the immediate vicinity of the puck!!! Such a bullshit. I let up a goal at least every other game I play because my defending forward gets traffic coned and I can’t switch to the defenseman down low because he isn’t close enough to the action or whatever. Straight garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad