NHL 19 Discussion Thread - Part II

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I know it is minor thing but it bugs, I can't believe that there is no celebration with original trophy when you win DEL league. It was in 2005, but no in 2019. Only handshake and that's it. Oh boy...

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
Did they update the tuners again? Poorly selected slap shots are going in at an incredible rate against AI goalies.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Did they update the tuners again? Poorly selected slap shots are going in at an incredible rate against AI goalies.
I don’t think they did but I know the feeling. Unscreened slapshots from the blueline (from bad angles, no less) seemed to be my goalie’s weakness today. They never go in for me, naturally.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, we are getting close to where we usually get NHL 20 information.

I know last year we heard NOTHING until the actual NHL awards. Hopefully we get something this year before then.

Honestly, NHL 19 was the least amount I’ve played the NHL series. Not because I thought it was a bad game.... I don’t know what it was.

I just wish Franchise was more customizable. Let me choose what I want on/off straight down to GM Firing even if Owner Mode isn’t on. Let me import Legends into the mode.

The reason I LOVE the NBA 2K Franchise is because it’s so customizable. You can edit the salary cap inflation rate (which the NHL rate is way to low, it’d be nice to bump it up). You can edit trading sliders to set what different teams based on their “Contender, Buyer, Seller, Rebuilder” label would look for and what in trades, and be willing to give up.

God damn trade finder. You can quickly get an idea of how different teams value a player you might want to trade, instead of having to spend an hour to find a team willing to trade a 2nd Round Pick for your 4th line Center at the deadline.

I’d like a setting that allows Scouting hiring/assignment be automatic. Almost like you have a Head Scout who handles his staff type thing. I like the new Scouting better, but I don’t need to be the one to handle every aspect of it, unless I actually want specific reports on specific players type thing.

Get rid of the arena maintenance and hot dog pricing stuff. When people said they wanted more depth to Franchise, I don’t think this is what we meant. It’s utterly pointless, and it’s incredibly unrealistic that Vegas’ brand new arena seating has deteriorated by the end of the first season.

Player Morale is fine, though I’d like to see it altered a bit to fit the NBA 2K system. Players have a page where you can see their thoughts on things like team performance, being snubbed from the all-star, winning awards and what not.

Overall, I don’t think anything here is unreasonable to too big for this development team. I don’t have an issue with the Franchise as a whole, but some minor tweaks and additions would help it a lot I think.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Well, we are getting close to where we usually get NHL 20 information.

I know last year we heard NOTHING until the actual NHL awards. Hopefully we get something this year before then.

Honestly, NHL 19 was the least amount I’ve played the NHL series. Not because I thought it was a bad game.... I don’t know what it was.

I just wish Franchise was more customizable. Let me choose what I want on/off straight down to GM Firing even if Owner Mode isn’t on. Let me import Legends into the mode.

The reason I LOVE the NBA 2K Franchise is because it’s so customizable. You can edit the salary cap inflation rate (which the NHL rate is way to low, it’d be nice to bump it up). You can edit trading sliders to set what different teams based on their “Contender, Buyer, Seller, Rebuilder” label would look for and what in trades, and be willing to give up.

God damn trade finder. You can quickly get an idea of how different teams value a player you might want to trade, instead of having to spend an hour to find a team willing to trade a 2nd Round Pick for your 4th line Center at the deadline.

I’d like a setting that allows Scouting hiring/assignment be automatic. Almost like you have a Head Scout who handles his staff type thing. I like the new Scouting better, but I don’t need to be the one to handle every aspect of it, unless I actually want specific reports on specific players type thing.

Get rid of the arena maintenance and hot dog pricing stuff. When people said they wanted more depth to Franchise, I don’t think this is what we meant. It’s utterly pointless, and it’s incredibly unrealistic that Vegas’ brand new arena seating has deteriorated by the end of the first season.

Player Morale is fine, though I’d like to see it altered a bit to fit the NBA 2K system. Players have a page where you can see their thoughts on things like team performance, being snubbed from the all-star, winning awards and what not.

Overall, I don’t think anything here is unreasonable to too big for this development team. I don’t have an issue with the Franchise as a whole, but some minor tweaks and additions would help it a lot I think.

This is great and is pretty much the echoed sentiment from the entire community but there will be zero improvement to franchise mode or BAP because they clearly know the way they make money is through HUT and online play.

Sep 19, 2008
I used to love this franchise and play this online so much.... but now, it's just trash.

So much glitchy trash. Players are literally glitching back and forth in the most unrealistic ways because the sweaty try-hards have found the glitchiest ways to play this series.

I've played maybe 5 total HUT games online this year. It's not fun when it's just people who glitch. EASHL is turning out to be that way as well. What fun comes from that?

EA Won't do anything about it, sadly. They just want that $$$

This **** is worse than Madden when it hit the PS3 / 360....

they literally make ZERO changes from year to year

I played NHL 19 at the Caps game and it was JUST like NHL 16/17/18

The gameplay is literally identical. It is pathetic how lazy EA has gotten! Even the scoreboard is the same. Presentation and Commentary the same. The only thing different is the background on the menus :laugh:

"Waffleboarded!"

Madic

May 21, 2008
Commentary, presentation, scoreboard: who cares? How do some of you guys look at EA's obvious low-staff, low-budget effort and think "I really want them to waste time and money in a ~8 month development cycle on the guy talking over my video game."

There are no guarantees outside of HUT improvements at this point, but if you want GAMEPLAY improvement (like actually gameplay and tuning and animations and physics), you have to sacrifice caring about frills like canned victory animations and cup-raising and new equipment.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
1. How do I switch to goalie and come out of the net on ps4
2. How do I hipcheck on ps4

feds91

May 17, 2004
NHL 19 Threes Circuit won't save my progression. Every time I exit the mode, I lose everything. I did not have any problems with NHL 18 Threes. Any solutions? People who have the same problem as me have deleted their saved data, cloud saves and reinstalling nhl 19. I tried all of that and nothing worked. Thanks.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I just want a robust, revamped Franchise Mode - I'd happily pay to see it as a standalone game on it's own, away from the HUT garbage. Take a page out of FIFA's book and monetize catalogue bonuses and add-ons for extra revenue if needed.

The entire franchise mode needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt - they've come a long way, but the progress has really stagnated. Owner mode is, frankly, a complete waste of time and requires you (a general manager) to micro-manage a bunch of unrealistic junk you'd have no business managing in real life.

The new scouting system + prospect development is really good, but add some more layers to it - let us focus on what areas of growth our prospects focus on, and implement personalities / morale system that doesn't cripple your team because you made one wrong comment 6 months ago.

As others have suggested, more customization and options within franchise mode would be great. Let me decide cap inflation rates, offer sheet penalties, and things of the sort.

Oh, and UPDATE THE DAMN PRESENTATION - it was stale years ago. I don't want to hear about having to "win the first period" anymore.

Reactions: belair

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I just want a robust, revamped Franchise Mode - I'd happily pay to see it as a standalone game on it's own, away from the HUT garbage. Take a page out of FIFA's book and monetize catalogue bonuses and add-ons for extra revenue if needed.

The entire franchise mode needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt - they've come a long way, but the progress has really stagnated. Owner mode is, frankly, a complete waste of time and requires you (a general manager) to micro-manage a bunch of unrealistic junk you'd have no business managing in real life.

The new scouting system + prospect development is really good, but add some more layers to it - let us focus on what areas of growth our prospects focus on, and implement personalities / morale system that doesn't cripple your team because you made one wrong comment 6 months ago.

As others have suggested, more customization and options within franchise mode would be great. Let me decide cap inflation rates, offer sheet penalties, and things of the sort.

Oh, and UPDATE THE DAMN PRESENTATION - it was stale years ago. I don't want to hear about having to "win the first period" anymore.
Career stats would be nice. All time greats. It's not difficult to upload a database, especially when cloud technology is available.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
5 EASHL dropin matches in a row ruined by trolls. Why is this so entertaining the multiple people will do it all night? It's so f***in lame

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
5 EASHL dropin matches in a row ruined by trolls. Why is this so entertaining the multiple people will do it all night? It's so ****in lame
In the lobby or people simply not playing their positions? Drop-ins are lame in general in this version. Too many bad players.

They need to eliminate the human goalies--that would chase away a lot of the me-players.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
In the lobby or people simply not playing their positions? Drop-ins are lame in general in this version. Too many bad players.

They need to eliminate the human goalies--that would chase away a lot of the me-players.
Twice had goalies quit with 15 seconds left in the lobby causing most other people to quit. Once had a Dman that wanted to play as the forechecking forward, and once had a goalie just skated to centre ice.

Usually i find the ratio of garbage to good EASHL games to be closer to 1:1 but last night I was just getting troll after troll after troll, all on my team too.

Just frustrating. I don't even really mind people that suck, it's that a lot of people troll intentionally just to ruin the game for other it seems

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You would think that with the NHL World Championships being so popular this year with Sportsnet and the NHL fully backing it, that it would make EA some more money and they could expand their team.

Funny, I know

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I can't express how infuriating it is to play Online Versus and have the other guy score 4 shitty goals on 4 shots, total, all three periods... and almost win after getting dominated the entire match.

And these are the same kids that talk shit if they win.

f*** you EA. f*** you NHL 19. I won the stupid match 5-4 but I'm still pissed off. I had to fight and claw for the game to even sniff a goal and literally every shot this f***er takes goes in. f***ing ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: n00bxQb

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I just bought NHL 19 for $12.79 on the PlayStation Store. I'll probably play it after exam break but it was such a good deal that I just bought it.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I can't express how infuriating it is to play Online Versus and have the other guy score 4 ****ty goals on 4 shots, total, all three periods... and almost win after getting dominated the entire match.

And these are the same kids that talk **** if they win.

**** you EA. **** you NHL 19. I won the stupid match 5-4 but I'm still pissed off. I had to fight and claw for the game to even sniff a goal and literally every shot this ****er takes goes in. ****ing ridiculous.
Iiìiiiiiiiiiicce Tiiiiiiiiiiiilt.

Fongule

Aug 12, 2013
Durbanville, South Africa
Thank god this game was free with xbox gold. Every poke is a penalty again, impossible to get around bot d-men, can’t jump in during a simmed match in franchise mode like fifa? Who has time to play the whole game? Don’t even get me started with EASHL, 1 step forward 8 steps back, the f***ing outdoor world of chel shit with no announcer is so stupid, put it back in a stadium with the option to have an outdoor rink if your club wants one. Also for drop in 3s and 6s they should make it like the old NHL’s where everybody joins the lobby and once they ready up THEN positions are picked, this shit takes too long and everyone wants wing, never both D’s or goalie. But yeah keep f***ing only focusing on glitch goal central HUT EA

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Thank god this game was free with xbox gold. Every poke is a penalty again, impossible to get around bot d-men, can’t jump in during a simmed match in franchise mode like fifa? Who has time to play the whole game? Don’t even get me started with EASHL, 1 step forward 8 steps back, the ****ing outdoor world of chel **** with no announcer is so stupid, put it back in a stadium with the option to have an outdoor rink if your club wants one. Also for drop in 3s and 6s they should make it like the old NHL’s where everybody joins the lobby and once they ready up THEN positions are picked, this **** takes too long and everyone wants wing, never both D’s or goalie. But yeah keep ****ing only focusing on glitch goal central HUT EA
You can jump into a simmed game, i do it all the time. I usually only play the 3rd period of important games in Franchise.

Reactions: Beezeral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad