OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
A shell of his former self is still pretty good by most standards. He was fabulous in 2013-14-15.

Not good enough by Germany standards, sorry. Had a few good years in Arsenal....that’s been awhile now though...2019 is right around the corner. Everyone is talking post 2014.

Not discounting his talent.

Ovy was “pretty good” a few years too.....not what you expect from a star level talent.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Not good enough by Germany standards, sorry. Had a few good years in Arsenal....that’s been awhile now though...2019 is right around the corner. Everyone is talking post 2014.

Not discounting his talent.

Ovy was “pretty good” a few years too.....not what you expect from a star level talent.

Fine, but to throw him under the bus for Germany getting knocked out in the first round is unfair. A lot of things went wrong for Germany.

And Ovi at his worst was still a top 10 player at his position, so hardly comparable there.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Fine, but to throw him under the bus for Germany getting knocked out in the first round is unfair. A lot of things went wrong for Germany.

And Ovi at his worst was still a top 10 player at his position, so hardly comparable there.

I missed anyone laying the blame solely at his feet. Come on. Stop taking issue because it’s Germany.

He’s been a disappointment on the pitch. Maybe because he was persecuted and it messed with his head...absolutely possible, I’m just talking his play.

It’s plenty comparable when superstar talents appear to perform below expectation for extended periods.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I missed anyone laying the blame solely at his feet. Come on. Stop taking issue because it’s Germany.

He’s been a disappointment on the pitch. Maybe because he was persecuted and it messed with his head...absolutely possible, I’m just talking his play.

It’s plenty comparable when superstar talents appear to perform below expectation for extended periods.

The Bayern Munich calling him shit and saying his retirement is welcome isn't laying the blame at his feet?

His play isn't so terrible, and I couldn't give two shits what Germany does with their squad now that we have taken their place.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Of course the german federation have to find the scapegoat or "la tête de turc" :laugh::laugh::laugh: (this is so funny in this situation, but only EfK will understand it :naughty::naughty:) after their elimination in the WC.

but on the other side, for years now, Ozil likes to disappear in big games with his club

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Biggest surprise for me was Muller's total absence on the pitch. Something was wrong with the team and the certain player (any) can't be at fault for this.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Biggest surprise for me was Muller's total absence on the pitch. Something was wrong with the team and the certain player (any) can't be at fault for this.

Yep...total non-factor. He's a finisher though...so if nobody is creating...he's not eating.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I forgot that this season in EPL, the TW will close before the start of the season (9th august). It will be interesting to see how the market will react. 3 weeks of you can't buy but you can sell for english clubs.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I forgot that this season in EPL, the TW will close before the start of the season (9th august). It will be interesting to see how the market will react. 3 weeks of you can't buy but you can sell for english clubs.

I don’t think it will be a big deal. Since you can’t buy a replacement after Aug. 9 the only guys going out will be those deemed surplus to requirements already.

Not being able to react to longish term injuries in the first few weeks of the season are probably the biggest potential issue IMO.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Tried FIFA FUT Champions weekly tournaments. I can only recommend to do the same :P

Opponents are crazy good but that shit is intense and fun in the end.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Reenforcements...

So bass akwards...Courtois sold at a bargain price and we break records for a younger keeper. Fingers crossed....

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Man U vs Leicester City about to start!

Game on!!!!

Also the PGA Championship...it’s a Good Friday afternoon....

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I hope United sent a large bag of cash to Puel at halftime because that is the only explanation I can come up with for his moronic halftime adjustments.

Gray and Chilwell were absolutely murdering United down Leicester’s left flank in the first half. Darmian couldn’t come close to staying with Gray and Mata couldn’t stay with Chilwell. United’s midfield was stretched across the width of the field and Maddison was making great use of the resulting space in the middle. Leicester was the better team by a decent amount even if they were down 1 to Amartey’s unbelievably stupid handball.

Puel decides to go with 2 up front in the 2nd half and moves Gray up front. Darmian can handle Chilwell alone now, Maddison loses his space in the middle, and Mata no longer needs to worry about defending at all for the most part and gets to play a free role and influences the game significantly all 2nd half.

Quite the gift from Puel to United IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad