OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I've tried to get into FIFA but I don't think I'm doing it right. I've played some games and done OK but it never sucks me in like the old NHL games used to.
Anyone got any tips for maxing that out?

Do you have a friend playing it you'd like to troll?! :D

Well, quality play in FIFA cames with mind discipline. It's hard to defend and you have to keep the ball from your opponent to not let him score much. Every mistake could end in your net. That's what I know.

Is it fun? Well, I think, depends on your style and the year of the game. Some versions just aren't fitting in physics and AI imho. Some plays opponents do make me rage. But when I'm winning a lot it's fun for sure.

EDIT: Maybe you should start with playing good forwards and learn how to score. You need some certain ways to score to be ingrained in your muscle memory. Once you can finish the scoring chance you can try to build up those chances and play some mind games with the opponent.

If you can't finish with any consistency you're toast and tilting :P

If you losing constantly it's not fun at all. That's my experience.

On the other hand, huge comebacks are possible and are most fun.

Try seasons and get to the highest level you can. Ultimate team is nice but it's time consuming. Seasons (common clubs) are good as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Since we are talking about football and video games.

I started few weeks ago on mac a career on football manager 2016 with Colombia. start in summer 2015

2016 => Won the Copa America (1st in the group with Uruguay, Jamaica, Bolivia. --in PO-- Chile, USA and Brazil on penalties in the final)

2017 => Won the Confederations Cup (2nd in the group with Germany, Australia, New Zealand ---- inPO---- Croatia and Russia on penalties in the final)

2018 => World Cup
Won all 3 matches in the group against Austria, Japan and Scotland
beat 1-0 Jamaica in Round of 16
beat 2-1 France in 1/4

Belgium beating Brazil on penalties
I'll play Argentina in the other 1/2. Conmebol rules

btw, I beat them 2 times in the qualifiers

To finish my story ...
I beat Argentina 3-1 After Extra Time (helped by an argentinian red card in the last 10 minutes of the 90 minutes)

Brazil beat 3:0 Argentina for 3rd place

and I defeat Belgium 3:1 in the final (again helped by a belgian red card after 5 minutes in the 2nd half.

-----
Jackson Martinez with 9 goals, best result since 1970, T-4th for most goals in one world cup.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I've tried to get into FIFA but I don't think I'm doing it right. I've played some games and done OK but it never sucks me in like the old NHL games used to.

Anyone got any tips for maxing that out?

I am addicted to FIFA. It's the only game I buy year in and year out. In order to start really enjoying it you have to play it enough to understand how different formations work and how different players fit. It sounds nerdy but watch a few YouTube videos on what a 4-3-3 High Pressure team does as opposed to a 4-2-3-1 Counter Attacking team. You'll start to find formations and styles that you enjoy, and then you can start finding teams that have players that fit what you're looking for. I kind of look at the game as a puzzle which makes it more fun.

I also have very limited time to play any video games between my family and my career so an online game of FIFA that takes 15 minutes is perfect for me. I used to love games that have long story lines but I just don't have time for those any more.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I'm addicted to FIFA18 as well. The coach career mode to be specific. Using Spurs right now and I sold Kane, Allie and Erickson for close to 300 mil to add depth throughout the squad. Got a 15 point lead in the PL at the start of the January transfer window and I dominated my Champions League group. And I turn Wolfsburg into Bundesliga champs prior to taking the Spurs job. A lot of fun and filling the void left by the loss of NCAA football.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm addicted to FIFA18 as well. The coach career mode to be specific. Using Spurs right now and I sold Kane, Allie and Erickson for close to 300 mil to add depth throughout the squad. Got a 15 point lead in the PL at the start of the January transfer window and I dominated my Champions League group. And I turn Wolfsburg into Bundesliga champs prior to taking the Spurs job. A lot of fun and filling the void left by the loss of NCAA football.

NCAA... the GOAT. I used to play as Navy and after the 3rd or 4th season when I could recruit 5-star RBs... good night.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Trouble at Stamford Bridge, @CapitalsCupFantasy? Saw reports this morning that the owner might sell the team and all of Courtois, Willian, and Hazard are set on leaving this summer.

Lots of stuff swirling for my Blues. Hazard rumored one day to be staying, the next that a 170m price for RM has been agreed on.

Courtois has kids in Madrid. I get that. I’d love to see them grab Donnarumma as a replacement since Liverpool went bonkers for Allison.

Willian was a part timer last season, but is a favorite of mine. I’d rather keep him if he’s going to play, but if not, why not cash in on him? The soccer transfer world is a weird beast. So many players move so often. Seems like there’s very little loyalty on both sides.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
It sounds nerdy but watch a few YouTube videos on what a 4-3-3 High Pressure team does as opposed to a 4-2-3-1 Counter Attacking team. You'll start to find formations and styles that you enjoy, and then you can start finding teams that have players that fit what you're looking for. I kind of look at the game as a puzzle which makes it more fun.

Thats the good and the bad in UT. You can build what you like and use it your way effectively... but its endless or will cost real money.

Formations are a thing but it takes time to be a master. Ive never been one of them even while playing in div1. I just like to play my way and win without countering much :)

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Lots of stuff swirling for my Blues. Hazard rumored one day to be staying, the next that a 170m price for RM has been agreed on.

Courtois has kids in Madrid. I get that. I’d love to see them grab Donnarumma as a replacement since Liverpool went bonkers for Allison.

Willian was a part timer last season, but is a favorite of mine. I’d rather keep him if he’s going to play, but if not, why not cash in on him? The soccer transfer world is a weird beast. So many players move so often. Seems like there’s very little loyalty on both sides.
Player's agents kill the loyalty. If a player moves often, they (agents) make more money

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ozil has retired from the Mannschaft. Cites racism from the upper management as the main cause. Summed it up in this sentence: "I am German when we win, I am a Turkish immigrant when we lose".

Mesut Ozil international retirement statement in full

Sickening.

Was just reading this.....not sure what to believe, but he was one of my favorites and has steadily gone downhill in performance since 2014.

Need a lot more details....

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think he would've gone on such a long rant and retired from the team if there wasn't something behind it.

Not saying that and when I responded earlier I only saw the first half of the statement. Had to reload the page to see the rest, page error... I’ll just say, two sides to every story. This will undoubtedly cause an investigation by someone and some responses from high level officials. If he’s being persecuted, heads should roll.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Not saying that and when I responded earlier I only saw the first half of the statement. Had to reload the page to see the rest, page error... I’ll just say, two sides to every story. This will undoubtedly cause an investigation by someone and some responses from high level officials. If he’s being persecuted, heads should roll.

Ozil is usually known as a quiet and friendly guy. He obviously loves playing for his country. You're right though, this should be investigated.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
There should be some serious inner tension with Turks in Germany. Anyway, Ozil was done I think. Too old to be a part of new team.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ozil has retired from the Mannschaft. Cites racism from the upper management as the main cause. Summed it up in this sentence: "I am German when we win, I am a Turkish immigrant when we lose".

Mesut Ozil international retirement statement in full

Sickening.

This is really interesting. Trevor Noah just did a piece on a similar issue on The Daily Show. The French government criticized him for saying that 17/23 players on the French team were either immigrants or children of immigrants from Africa.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

This is obviously not true to anyone who has eyes.

Way to kick people while they're down. Ozil is so underrated, his vision and crosses are superb.

This is really interesting. Trevor Noah just did a piece on a similar issue on The Daily Show. The French government criticized him for saying that 17/23 players on the French team were either immigrants or children of immigrants from Africa.

I can't go too much into that because it's political, but if you're interested to know my opinion on the topic, PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->