OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Horrendous fit for that squad makeup and the financial structure of the club.

Mourinho has shown time and time again, he wants to play defensive, long ball football, and he requires lots of money to spend. Spurs are built to play progressive and on the front foot, and have rarely given their manager financial support.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yep, Jose will right the ship then burn out.

Spurs just don’t have the bankroll to back him like he expects.

I hope some bigger club grabs Poch now.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I haven't watched a ton of PL or Tottenham in general, but it seems like a ton of their players are always linked to transfers, this season especially. That has to demoralize the room after going to the CL final and players still wanting out. Bad room = bad results?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I haven't watched a ton of PL or Tottenham in general, but it seems like a ton of their players are always linked to transfers, this season especially. That has to demoralize the room after going to the CL final and players still wanting out. Bad room = bad results?
I don't think there's any question about this. And generally, the issue is that they won't pay their players or have a positive net spend in the transfer market. That is not the sort of situation Mourinho would thrive in.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Thought for sure Emery would get **** canned today.

I was going to post "FIRE EMERY" yesterday but thought I might be overreacting.

I don't get what he's trying to do with that team. Seems like a possession style but they can't really control the ball well enough or coordinate meaningful runs. I'm not that familiar with the knowns about Emery from previous teams so maybe others are more clued to what this is supposed to be. To me it just looks disorganized and improvised conservativism.

Without Aubameyang and Lacazette making individual plays after freak defensive breakdowns they're screwed. And to start Emery wasn't even playing both of them, iirc.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Paul Pogba is trying to force through a move to Real Madrid in January — GIVEMESPORT

Should have sold this summer...

He’s recently been ruled out by a foot injury and has been seen wearing a supportive cast.
However, sensational reports in Spain are suggesting that Pogba is actually fully recovered but he’s just refusing to play.

The club were angry that the midfielder posted videos of him playing basketball last week with NBA star Jimmy Butler of the Miami Heat when he was supposed to be rehabilitating.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Looked it up and Arsenal have the 9th highest payroll of all the European teams. Can't fail to deliver or piss of the fans for long at that level.

Wonder if there's any back room interplay between Arsenal and Spurs based on the timing for both coaching moves.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m amazed at the state of Arsenal and Man U. Shells of the teams I watched when I got into the PL in 2011. English (really European) football is so volatile.....some teams I saw back then are 3 or 4 leagues down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->