OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think France has had 4 chances this game and they've converted on all of them. Congrats @Eazy for Kuzy, quite a last ~5 weeks for you!

Just came back from the French people of Toronto's parade on the streets. I imagine the parties back in France must be thousands of times bigger, and so was the Caps' Stanley Cup parade in DC. Such an incredible feeling, will never forget the summer of championships.

I was too young to remember France winning the World Cup in 1998.

Speaking of 1998, this was the year where both France and the Capitals almost won a championship at the same time. Coincidence?

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Yeesh what happened to France? :(
Remember when it was this really pretty place with culture and art and great fashion that people wanted to emulate?

Not a soccer fan but clearly Croatia would've been a "better story" being a small nation and never having won before. Oh well. I'm only happy for Eazy. :)

Reactions: ovikovy817

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Remember when it was this really pretty place with culture and art and great fashion that people wanted to emulate?

Not a soccer fan but clearly Croatia would've been a "better story" being a small nation and never having won before. Oh well. I'm only happy for Eazy. :)

It's almost forbidden to tell what happened, nobody can speak.
if they try, they'll be immediately accused of racism and xenophobia and are banned from french TV.

Reactions: Acallabeth

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

@ovikovy817 @CapitalsCupFantasy
It was always a pretty place with all sorts of great stuff but rebellious people. Even yesterday at the rally in Toronto, there were a few troublemakers who refused to get off the lane that we were assigned to. They told the police to "go f*** themselves" in French when the police told them to either comply or get back on the sidewalk.

The French as a people like to defy authority. We have huge issues with authority, even the mild Frenchies like me, good thing I have some Canadian in me now...

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I completely forgot that we will have a new formula to calculate the fifa ranking (elo rating)

World Football Elo Ratings

So this should be the new fifa ranking in 2-3 days (july 19)

edit: And I (already) don't like it, the previous one was better. Not perfect, but better. with the elo system we will have to much movement + some not very logical things, like a loss in the world cup final will cost you more than a loss the 1/4 for example.

fifa should've try to adapt and copy the uefa rankings (clubs, nations, ...) they're much better and more representative of the situation.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Nice. RM's goalie always tried to fail me in FIFA. And I couldn't play Juve due to no-speed-Mandjukich and no-strength-Dybala. Now everything should be OK.

I love playing with Juve on FIFA. Dybala is so fun to play with. If you don't like Manzukic just sub in Higuain. Huguian, Dybala, Cuadrado, Costa, Pjanic... tons of attacking talent. And then you have Khedira and Matuidi to lock down the midfield with guys like Marchisio and Bernardeschi who can come off the bench.

I also hate people who only play with Real or Barca.

Reactions: Raikkonen

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I love playing with Juve on FIFA. Dybala is so fun to play with. If you don't like Manzukic just sub in Higuain. Huguian, Dybala, Cuadrado, Costa, Pjanic... tons of attacking talent. And then you have Khedira and Matuidi to lock down the midfield with guys like Marchisio and Bernardeschi who can come off the bench.

I also hate people who only play with Real or Barca.

Lately I've tried MU. And it's good too. But France is off the charts anyway.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Since we are talking about football and video games.

I started few weeks ago on mac a career on football manager 2016 with Colombia. start in summer 2015

2016 => Won the Copa America (1st in the group with Uruguay, Jamaica, Bolivia. --in PO-- Chile, USA and Brazil on penalties in the final)

2017 => Won the Confederations Cup (2nd in the group with Germany, Australia, New Zealand ---- inPO---- Croatia and Russia on penalties in the final)

2018 => World Cup
Won all 3 matches in the group against Austria, Japan and Scotland
beat 1-0 Jamaica in Round of 16
beat 2-1 France in 1/4

Belgium beating Brazil on penalties
I'll play Argentina in the other 1/2. Conmebol rules

btw, I beat them 2 times in the qualifiers

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I've tried to get into FIFA but I don't think I'm doing it right. I've played some games and done OK but it never sucks me in like the old NHL games used to.

Anyone got any tips for maxing that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad