GDT: Devils vs. Rangers - 1:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Just back from the game and this is rock bottom as a Devils fan. We need a total tear down and re-build. Trade every asset possible; Hall, Vats, Suban (if possible), basically anyone not named Hughes or Hischer. No way we retain any salary, but move anyone if there is a taker. Gather as many draft pics as possible. (2020 may be the deepest draft ever).

Hynes has to go and the assistants too. Their special teams are dreadful, their D structure is garbage, their forwards telegraph every pass. The system they deploy doesn't fit the talent.

God, Hall was terrible today.

Sigh. I took my wife and two kids to the game, paid good money for seats in the lower bowl. Not my idea of a fun Saturday afternoon.

Keep Vats and subban, but rest of it i agree.

The passing was realllllll bad. Terrible.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It isn’t though. Are the Isles rebuilding 2.0 because JT walked?

They were putrid that year as well

We all thought it was, but going from Weight to Trotz helped. God willing we'll get rid of our Weight soon but I don't know if an average coach would be enough to win with this roster.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We all thought it was, but going from Weight to Trotz helped. God willing we'll get rid of our Weight soon but I don't know if an average coach would be enough to win with this roster.
Winning the rest of the season isn't even that important for me at this point, we just need a new coach so that at a minimum we start building good habits for the future.

Reactions: nugg and Tretyak 20

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Winning the rest of the season isn't even that important for me at this point, we just need a new coach so that at a minimum we start building good habits for the future.

That isn’t why you fire him because there isn’t a proper replacement to do that.

He gets fired to send a message at this point. Rest of the season is just playing the string out.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That isn’t why you fire him because there isn’t a proper replacement to do that.

He gets fired to send a message at this point. Rest of the season is just playing the string out.
Anyone who can coach them back to the basics of puck management will do that. Hynes system is simply unacceptable at this level, and always has been. I've been complaining about blue line turnovers for 5 years now, it's maddening.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
This team’s inability to score makes zero sense to me

They are not using their brains on what is supposed to be a breakout or transition play. They are just looking for a hail mary stretch pass. This game, before the wheels fell off, were only doing those stretch fast break passes, and most of then kept failing.

When they get in the zone, they'd thrn get in some off angle play and get angled out.

It's all coaching. He probably drums into quick quick quick, fast break,and instead of taking a pause to evalute best options to breakout, they are just forcing a stupid pass.

We see it all game in these losing efforts. They force stupid plays for no reason. On breakouts especially, but also in other game situations.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
He’s having a bad season and is one of the reasons that we have a pathetic offense. Very disappointed with his play. He might just be a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

I agree I think hischier is gonna be a disappointment a useful piece will be his ceiling he has shown me very little in terms of being more than a decent second line player

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This team’s inability to score makes zero sense to me
It makes sense to me based on all of the underlying stats and the mess of how they look most games. The team isn't performing nearly well enough to generate a lot of goals.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
They are not using their brains on what is supposed to be a breakout or transition play. They are just looking for a hail mary stretch pass. This game, before the wheels fell off, were only doing those stretch fast break passes, and most of then kept failing.

When they get in the zone, they'd thrn get in some off angle play and get angled out.

It's all coaching. He probably drums into quick quick quick, fast break,and instead of taking a pause to evalute best options to breakout, they are just forcing a stupid pass.

We see it all game in these losing efforts. They force stupid plays for no reason. On breakouts especially, but also in other game situations.
It’s not about pausing it’s actually about puck support obe of the three things in the slogan which they do the least of any team in league. I’ve officially resigned from this season so I’m now indifferent it feels good just didn’t think I was gonna hit this so early.
Im done bitching about hynes and hall. I want shero vine more than both of them at this point.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Were you not paying attention his first two years when you claimed he has shown you very little?

I should not have used very little. He has been ok his first two years my point his he isn’t going to live up to his draft status. He isn’t gonna be a game changer. He will be a nice solid player but will not live up to his draft status.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Devils are:

24th in xGF/60
29th in CF/60
25th in FF/60
24th in SF/60
30th in SCF/60
28th in HDCF/60

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
It’s not about pausing it’s actually about puck support obe of the three things in the slogan which they do the least of any team in league. I’ve officially resigned from this season so I’m now indifferent it feels good just didn’t think I was gonna hit this so early.
Im done *****ing about hynes and hall. I want shero vine more than both of them at this point.

Puck support is problem. But i still think Hynes is teaching them to react quickly, but at the cost to making the smart cerebral play in many situations.
The guy next to me was ready to boo hall, but it seemed fruitless.

We need those two to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad