GDT: Devils vs. Rangers - 1:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Don't think we'll ever get to Buffalo Sabres territory, but things need to change fast.

Eh we're pretty much already there. The only thing really seperating us was our five minutes of playoff hockey two years ago.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
We were at the same point last year and I advocated for getting rid of hynes because of the lasting effects. If shero throws the towel in again I am done with this team. I don’t care if they make the playoffs. I want them to play good solid hockey and start a new culture of accountability.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What's amazing is we don't agree on anything here...Zajac, Severson, Hall, the goaltending - everything's a hot-button issue. But somehow we're all in agreement this coaching staff is horrible. Gee, makes you think.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
What is also evident is that the effort and result today was perfectly okay with Rejean. Only explanation why Hynes is still the coach as I'm typing this. Seriously, the guy doesn't even grasp how much the fanbase hates everything to do with the Rangers, but it's just whatevs to him.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I said a few weeks ago that Thanksgiving MIGHT be some sort of "deadline" for this team. Maybe with the Lebrun report the dominoes are starting to fall.

If they trade Hall they can't use the "Hall likes Hynes" excuse to keep him around at least.

Reactions: Billdo

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
What's amazing is we don't agree on anything here...Zajac, Severson, Hall, the goaltending - everything's a hot-button issue. But somehow we're all in agreement this coaching staff is horrible. Gee, makes you think.

I don't have the animosity towards Hynes that many seem to, but it's time. If for no other reason than to see how much of this is coaching vs construction. It's hard to really judge the players if the system is bad or they're not getting good coaching. I'd like to see this collection of talent with a different coach before making bigger decisions on who to keep and who to ship out.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
It isn’t though. Are the Isles rebuilding 2.0 because JT walked?

They were putrid that year as well

The isle issue was not being able to stop the puck. That was about it. They got a coach that fixed that and yea, they’re a top team in the league now.

we have no ability to score and no ability to stop from getting scored on

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe we'll hear the announcement of another Hynes contract extension tomorrow. :sarcasm:

LOL that happens and I'm boycotting every game the rest of the year and canceling my season tickets after that. Cause then Shero's more interested in trolling the fanbase as opposed to doing the best thing for the team.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Was it really that much?

It wasn't that far off...the lower bowl was Rangerland, and there were plenty standing in the uppers when they scored even though it looked more red/white than blue there.

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Too many Devils fans have Ranger fan friends (or spouses/bf/gfs) it looks like. That's the problem :sarcasm:

Realized someone who seemed to be season ticket holder on my right, his wife/gf whatever was a ranger fan. They've been to a few games I've been at, today she was wearing a Rangers jersey specifically.

Wouldn't say half but there was a good split.... still thought it was better than the earlier game in October, though (better meaning, more NJD fans than last time). Upper seemed more Devils though, from my vantage, particularly in the sections around me.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I can't express how happy I am that I sold this game and didn't have to watch this absolute disaster dumpster fire of a team in person.

I'm beyond sick of this team. Fire everyone but Coleman.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Also maybe we can stop wearing these ugly green jerseys now, we suck no matter what this season but our record with these "heritage jerseys" is even worse.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I don't have the animosity towards Hynes that many seem to, but it's time. If for no other reason than to see how much of this is coaching vs construction. It's hard to really judge the players if the system is bad or they're not getting good coaching. I'd like to see this collection of talent with a different coach before making bigger decisions on who to keep and who to ship out.

in reality you never root for a man to lose his job.. but his system is trash.. in NHL and Binghamton... its run and gun hockey except that there isn't nearly enough run and gun to make it run and gun hockey.. it sputters out on most nights. and when your special teams are putrid.. it really is even worse... hopefully they bring in a coach that values forwards supporting the breakout more .. that doesn't buy into the complete and utter down low collapse system because analytics say so... i do think we have some major holes on this roster that need to be addressed and that is on shero.. he tried to bring in a certain type of player this year but it didn't pan out.. i thought mcleod and bastian should have made this team out of camp in place of guys like Hayden and Rooney ..no disrespect to them but they cannot play up and down the lineup like mcleod and bastian can it would have added just as much if not more Grit to the lineup in addition to more offense and its home grown talent ....that to me may have been one of Hynes biggest mistakes to start.

I could not blame them for sending smith back to jr. but they have to give mueller some confidence this in and out of the lineup crap isn't going to work... he is better than tennyson i think that much is clear ... and at least there is still the outside chance he settles into a nice consistent niche Tenny is 30 years old he is what he is at this point and we have too many righties in lineup

Reactions: nugg

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
This is the true low point on the season.

Only way is up I guess. Fire Hynes.

yeah in fact better to be embarrassed even thought it stings a little .... the special teams debacle in this one was truly a joke but it thats what needed to happen to blow the winds of change i can live with it... we need some hope in NJ .. if Hynes suits up for one more game i think Shero needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->