GDT: Devils vs. Rangers - 1:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghughes20

Jul 12, 2013
Just back from the game and this is rock bottom as a Devils fan. We need a total tear down and re-build. Trade every asset possible; Hall, Vats, Suban (if possible), basically anyone not named Hughes or Hischer. No way we retain any salary, but move anyone if there is a taker. Gather as many draft pics as possible. (2020 may be the deepest draft ever).

Hynes has to go and the assistants too. Their special teams are dreadful, their D structure is garbage, their forwards telegraph every pass. The system they deploy doesn't fit the talent.

God, Hall was terrible today.

Sigh. I took my wife and two kids to the game, paid good money for seats in the lower bowl. Not my idea of a fun Saturday afternoon.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Just back from the game and this is rock bottom as a Devils fan. We need a total tear down and re-build. Trade every asset possible; Hall, Vats, Suban (if possible), basically anyone not named Hughes or Hischer. No way we retain any salary, but move anyone if there is a taker. Gather as many draft pics as possible. (2020 may be the deepest draft ever).

Hynes has to go and the assistants too. Their special teams are dreadful, their D structure is garbage, their forwards telegraph every pass. The system they deploy doesn't fit the talent.

God, Hall was terrible today.

Sigh. I took my wife and two kids to the game, paid good money for seats in the lower bowl. Not my idea of a fun Saturday afternoon.

Yes... Let's rebuild a rebuilding team

:badidea:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Main board is a wasteland. People saying Hischier is Yakupov 2.0.

They don't realize, even if we drafted Petersson, Makar, or Heiskanen, our coaching staff would make them look like trash.
He’s having a bad season and is one of the reasons that we have a pathetic offense. Very disappointed with his play. He might just be a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Honest question from a Rangers fan... Is the word "execution" always used so much in the post game pressers? Cause... Lol.
Well when, as a coach, you have an inflated sense of the terrible game plans and dog shite system the team plays it’s obviously the players not executing. It can’t possibly be anything else.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
wouldn't we be basically lucky if Nico becomes similar to RNH?
RNH is actually a pretty decent player.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ahaha caught some of the game on the radio and got to see the third period. Whoooo boy that power play, that was something. :baghead:

Reactions: Blender

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Main board is a wasteland. People saying Hischier is Yakupov 2.0.

They don't realize, even if we drafted Petersson, Makar, or Heiskanen, our coaching staff would make them look like trash.

It's not even just the young players, the vets suck too. Subban is pointless IN THIRTEEN STRAIGHT GAMES now.

pulkit1989

Nov 16, 2011
Was watching this game on TV. Was really hoping “fire Hynes” chant would be loud enough for me to hear but nada

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He’s having a bad season and is one of the reasons that we have a pathetic offense. Very disappointed with his play. He might just be a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

The on-ice product is symptomatic of our abomination of a coaching staff.

It’s foolish to be rushing to such quick judgments about any of our players, let alone a 20 year old center under these circumstances.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Was watching this game on TV. Was really hoping “fire Hynes” chant would be loud enough for me to hear but nada

I wouldn't expect anything more from MSG, which doesn't like to amplify our crowd noise when things are good so they sure as shooting aren't going to do it when the fans are (deservedly) *****ing on the product.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
We are the ones that play neutered hockey.

The most shameful game I've been to as a fan. It's sad when Rangers fans pity your team enough to join in on "Fire Hynes" chants. Not sure how clear they were on TV. But I am certain Hynes heard.

Oh you betcha Hynes heard it, it was unbelievably loud after that second shortie for rest of game. At some point rangers fans were chanting extend Hynes, but, it droned out by "hynes you suck", "fire hynes" etc.

This was a shameful effort. Beyond words, really. I have no energy to complain about the same stuff over and over. Need to build a bot.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
A1857735-7F7E-4EAB-A703-6E0A5079B045.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad