Pre-Game Talk: Devils vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014
hopefully we can handle their speed and aggressive forecheck.. we have a tendency to think we have more time and space than we actually do resulting in turnovers. the Devils are going to pressure us hard.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
3rd and he was bad in both
I'm not a McBackup fan but I think this is a little extreme.
He's 2-1 with a .910 save percentage. That's a backup goalie (better so far than I thought). Mind you it's only been 3 games so small sample size. If you are looking for a .920 save percentage, he'd be a starter.

Reactions: Rogie

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm not a McBackup fan but I think this is a little extreme.
He's 2-1 with a .910 save percentage. That's a backup goalie (better so far than I thought). Mind you it's only been 3 games so small sample size. If you are looking for a .920 save percentage, he'd be a starter.

that 910 is based entirely on 1 game, coming into Saturday had something like an 869 save% so it's not exterme he was bad in both games you don't have numbers like that if you aren't bad in both games.

he is 1 bad game away from his numbers going right back to awful

1 great game, and he was GREAT does not make him a good backup

the Monster had great games too, so did Bernier, so did Reimer all 3 are poor goalies

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
that 910 is based entirely on 1 game, coming into Saturday had something like an 869 save% so it's not exterme he was bad in both games you don't have numbers like that if you aren't bad in both games.

he is 1 bad game away from his numbers going right back to awful

1 great game, and he was GREAT does not make him a good backup

the Monster had great games too, so did Bernier, so did Reimer all 3 are poor goalies

He had a 917% Save % last year after 21 games. That SV% was like 24th among ALL goalies in the league.

I'm not sure what you think a backup goalie should do exactly.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He had a 917% Save % last year after 21 games. That SV% was like 24th among ALL goalies in the league.

I'm not sure what you think a backup goalie should do exactly.

that was a career year at this point lets see if he can do it again, I doubt it

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The Devils made the Leafs look slow the last game

They didn't. MoneyPuck.com

If the Leafs looked slow, how did they manage ~50 shots on net? They had superb goaltending, we did not.

We almost lapped them in xG, it was 3.5 vs 6.08. That was a game that was stolen by Schneider or given up by Andersen, whichever way you want to look at it.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Hmm didn't realize they had so many shots - a lot were in the 3rd period I see (20)
Still think the Devils looked faster; but yeah Schneider was very good

mike dad bab clock

May 2, 2016
The devils being good this year was not in the script. A win here would be great. Next few games are Habs, Yotes, Panthers and Canes.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Brown

Looks like these are the lines at practice today, no real surprises.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The devils being good this year was not in the script. A win here would be great. Next few games are Habs, Yotes, Panthers and Canes.

Similar to the Leafs last year but they are getting above average to good goaltending, whereas the Leafs got average goaltending for the most part (first half of the year was very poor).

Last edited:

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I really dislike that line, even if they have played better of late
So Sosh joins Leivo in the press-box
Andi Petrillo said that Leivo was alternating with Brown on the 4th line, Brown getting a little more time. Guessing Brown plays and Leivo is getting reps just in case Matthews gets downgraded between now and tomorrow night

also sorta telling that Leivo still outranks Sosh on the depth chart

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Andi Petrillo said that Leivo was alternating with Brown on the 4th line, Brown getting a little more time. Guessing Brown plays and Leivo is getting reps just in case Matthews gets downgraded between now and tomorrow night

also sorta telling that Leivo still outranks Sosh on the depth chart

Indeed!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Now y'all has to have Komarov, Leo out there with Kadri Brown of course. Maybe you had that caps lock on or smoethung cause there is somebody clearly missing in action jackson like Carl Weathers did his thang back then. We are doing so great right now and moving up, even with our hero Matthews 34#. Marner picking it up certainly also and seein him with the old marleau really makes my blood boil hard. They even fooled us all by putting Polak on the wing during training. Damn that man is a tough one. But he ain't playing no offensive game for us LOL. We all know that. He just putting his a - game on the D and PK, Blocks and hits that thang. We are getting ours tomorrow and we are going to play a good hockey game against Lou's Ex's.

That's right buddy. We need "HARD" and "Tough" players ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia