Pre-Game Talk: Devils vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think this is going to be one hell of a entertaining game, the Leafs are going to be better this team around and hopefully they are going to get a "W"

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Our what?
old-time-hockey-like-eddie-shore.jpg
high danger scoring chances for percentage. For example if we had one high danger chance and the opponent had another, we'd have a 50% HDSCF% which is about normal I guess. 59% is fantastic. 24% is terrifying

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
for the sake of comparison, our average HDSCF% while Matthews was in the lineup and apparently healthy is 59% over those 14 games. 32% in the 5 games when he's not. 24% in the 3 games where he wasn't in the lineup at all. Yeah I kinda want him back by now

I agree with your initial position that started this mini-discussion here and your stats strongly back up what you stated.

As to Babcock saying otherwise, I just think he was speaking in a more general term in order to be optimistic and give the team encouragement. After we started winning, and btw, if we were working pretty hard (and he thought so), that is what he most often focusses on, so, there's no need to be blunt if we were being outchanced, including 'high danger chances' even if we were. We were trending in the right way maybe and perhaps he was just wanting to focus on that AND the fact that we were winning. There's a time to criticize and then there's a time to praise; knowing when is one of Babcock's strengths.

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Of course the first game back after a break and I have a meeting that starts at puck drop. Hopefully I can get back before the end of the second.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Does anyone actually think we would get a 1st round pick for Bozak, I'm curious?
Depending on the circumstance for sure it's possible. A first from a playoff Team can be mid 1st round to late first round.

If a Team needs a faceoff guy and feels they have a long playoff run ahead of them they will easily give the late first.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Depending on the circumstance for sure it's possible. A first from a playoff Team can be mid 1st round to late first round.

If a Team needs a faceoff guy and feels they have a long playoff run ahead of them they will easily give the late first.

Thing is the Leafs are also a playoff team so chances are they won't be selling guys for picks , St louis did it with Shattenkirk yes, but it had been reported that he wanted out the previous summer nothing like that has come out here, in fact there have been reports that at leaat in JVR's case he's willing to cap a "cap friendly" deal to stay chances ae Bozak isn't looking to leave either, and even if he were Babcock has said from day 1 Nylander isn't going to center this year so Bozak isn't likely to be moved unless the 18 wheeler were to fall of the cliff, but this isn't the Burke era Leafs sosthat seems unlikely

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Thing is the Leafs are also a playoff team so chances are they won't be selling guys for picks , St louis did it with Shattenkirk yes, but it had been reported that he wanted out the previous summer nothing like that has come out here, in fact there have been reports that at leaat in JVR's case he's willing to cap a "cap friendly" deal to stay chances ae Bozak isn't looking to leave either, and even if he were Babcock has said from day 1 Nylander isn't going to center this year so Bozak isn't likely to be moved unless the 18 wheeler were to fall of the cliff, but this isn't the Burke era Leafs sosthat seems unlikely
If they feel they have an adequate replacement they will do what they think makes sense. They aren't seeing this as an all in year, IMO.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If they feel they have an adequate replacement they will do what they think makes sense. They aren't seeing this as an all in year, IMO.

But they don't have a replacement right now, anyone who watches the team can see that, like I said Babcock has already said Nylander isn't going to center this year and that Marleau wasn't brought here to be a center so that leaves them with who? Freddy the GOAT? that's not going to cut it

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
But they don't have a replacement right now, anyone who watches the team can see that, like I said Babcock has already said Nylander isn't going to center this year and that Marleau wasn't brought here to be a center so that leaves them with who? Freddy the GOAT? that's not going to cut it
Lots of time between now and the deadline to find a 3rd/4th line player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad