GDT: Devils vs. Bruins - Hard To Kill - 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I blame the hf boards Devils mods for this loss. They spend so much time keeping us in line that they completely neglect the team. I don’t think I’ve seen one mod behind the bench or in the locker room this season. No wonder Hall wants out. Would it kill one of those guys to stop worrying about whether Bleedred posts about stoppable goals or if Aetheon is saying bring back Lou or stopping that moron who used to talk about Lovejoy scoring hat tricks and instead turn their attention to the team? Honestly it’s not that complicated.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
You guys who are complaining about Hischier didn't watch the Worlds this summer.

The dude was a monster.

The system and the coach should be ground up with tires to make a new high school track

Tell Hischier to put a Switzerland shirt under his sweater then because he’s been nothing but average so far.

I don’t care about the Worlds, i care about what he does for us.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Was this the whole thing or just a PR-cut snippet?

That's is (or nearly all of it).

It's devastating.

He says the team came out flat again.
He says the effort wasnt there
He says they failed to execute things they talk about "ad nauseum" all the time
He says the other teams "tracks like bandits" & that maybe the Devils should "do the same" (i.e. guys arent trying out there).

You read between the lines, and that Coleman interview is blistering.

Last edited:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I blame the hf boards Devils mods for this loss. They spend so much time keeping us in line that they completely neglect the team. I don’t think I’ve seen one mod behind the bench or in the locker room this season. No wonder Hall wants out. Would it kill one of those guys to stop worrying about whether Bleedred posts about stoppable goals or if Aetheon is saying bring back Lou or stopping that moron who used to talk about Lovejoy scoring hat tricks and instead turn their attention to the team? Honestly it’s not that complicated.
Too busy photoshopping Hynes for everyones entertainment. :laugh:

My3Sons

Sponsor
Tell Hischier to put a Switzerland shirt under his sweater then because he’s been nothing but average so far.

I don’t care about the Worlds, i care about what he does for us.

I think you might be missing the point of that post? My reading of it is that he’s suggesting Nico is in some fashion being held back by the system or coaching this year and the player we all want to see is there he’s just being stifled in some fashion. Your response seems to imply something else to me.

My3Sons

Sponsor
That's is (or nearly all of it).

It's devastating.

He says the team came out flat again.
He says the effort wasnt there
He says they failed to execute things they talk about "ad nauseum" all the time
He says the other teams "tracks like bandits" & that maybe the Devils should "do the same" (i.e. guys arent trying our there).

You read between the lines, and that Coleman interview is blistering.

Trade Hall trade Greene trade anyone that wants out and make Coleman captain. He cares.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Severson- Huge disappointment after scoring 39 points last year, on pace for 17.

I called this & said he should be traded as it will be his high-water mark & that he'll likely never get 40 points again in his entire NHL career with detailed explanation why.

I think about 2% of people agreed with me.

Wood- Not decent this year, another underperfomrer

I wanted him traded after his ~20 goal year. Also not a popular opinion.

Two GREAT opportunities to sell high that Shero missed.

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Remember the new look Devils of 17-18 when we went on that tear to start the year? Everyone was like holy shit who are these guys, they're fast as hell and relentless on the puck all fast and attacking, took everyone by storm...until everyone figured it out and game planned.

Reactions: My3Sons

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I loved the Coleman interview.
You could tell he wanted to just come out and say that guys aren’t trying and don’t give a crap. The bit about scoring a late goal in the 2nd period and being at home should be enough to get the room going but.... laid an egg.
Players HAVE TO be getting pissed off or at least can see that Hall is playing like dog crap and is just going through the motions .
If I was a player trying my ass off and getting zero results I’d have to do or say something to the effect that this isn’t working .... this system and way we are playing is garbage .AKA fire this Pejorative Slur coach and his garbage assistants .

I was never a Coleman fan until now. I unfairly want all Devils players to be a Mcdavid point scoring machine but realize that even though Coleman isn’t going to put up huge numbers , at least the guy cares and tries his ass off all the time .
The same can’t be said for Hall. Trade him ASAP. I do not want a player in the team that doesn’t want to be there.
Hopefully the other players start saying and thinking the same thing to speed up a trade and get this douche off the team

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I called this & said he should be traded as it will be his high-water mark & that he'll likely never get 40 points again in his entire NHL career with detailed explanation why.

I think about 2% of people agreed with me.

I wanted him traded after his ~20 goal year. Also not a popular opinion.

Two GREAT opportunities to sell high that Shero missed.

Meh. That’s sort of trading for the sake of trading. You probably don’t get a better player back on defense and you create a hole in the defense by trading him. The team needs to build up a stable of defense prospects the way they are with forwards and then they can think about trading a defender with term. Maybe once WALSH Smith and Hellickson make it they can move on from a guy or two.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Meh. That’s sort of trading for the sake of trading.

No, it isnt. It's trading 2 guys who people perceived had a higher value than reality. Buy low, Sell high.

There was a time when both Severson & Wood could have returned decent assets. That time is over.

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
"Maybe we can learn something from them and we can put that into our game, and be consistent with it. Ouchie, calling out the players and perhaps the coach?"

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Remember the new look Devils of 17-18 when we went on that tear to start the year? Everyone was like holy **** who are these guys, they're fast as hell and relentless on the puck all fast and attacking, took everyone by storm...until everyone figured it out and game planned.

I was actually just thinking about this. We spanked the Avs in the opener that year. Hard to believe the opposite directions the two teams have gone in since then.

Reactions: JK3

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Call up Seney. He’s tearing up the AHL. Brett’s 9 goals so far is 4th best in the AHL.

Like Coleman, Seney’s game is heart and soul

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
No, it isnt. It's trading 2 guys who people perceived had a higher value than reality. Buy low, Sell high.

There was a time when both Severson & Wood could have returned decent assets. That time is over.

You being adamant does not make your opinion a fact. If the team traded Severson for a decent forward you may think it would move the needle but to me that sounds speculative. Maybe you are correct but maybe not.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Call up Seney. He’s tearing up the AHL. Brett’s 9 goals so far is 4th best in the AHL.

Like Coleman, Seney’s game is heart and soul

Are you ever going to tell us whether you're:

1) Family
2) Friend
3) Creepy Stalker

It's been a few years, I feel like we all deserve to know at this point.

Reactions: glenwo2

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Calling up Seney alone does nothing . He would get next to nothing for icetime and start from scratch creating chemistry with new linemates (that keep moving on the 4th line )
Benching Hall and putting Seney in his spot would be the ideal move
It would actually show that the tea is more important than any one player and reinforce the Bullcrap mantra gimmick they had in the preseason .
It will never happen in a million years but I’d love to see it

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What do our “leaders “ do in the room and behind the scenes ?
Our captain says the same thing every loss “tough bounces , I thought we played good “
Zajac looks and acts like a substitute teacher . I could never see him ripping into anyone ever.
Hall .... well Hall is a piece of crap that gave up weeks ago , he doesn’t care as he is already picturing playing for another team .
I want Stevens to come back and kick open the locker room door and pile drive Hynes and bitch slap backhand smack Hall right on his stupid gigantic lips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad