GDT: Devils vs. Bruins - Hard To Kill - 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
They indeed can win 3/4 in a row, any team can. It’s hockey. Only takes a hot goalie and or a high shooting percentage. That doesn’t make them any good if they do.
They would need much more than that to have a realistic shot.
Let's not start this debate again. This team as currently coached is not capable of sustaining any kind of quality play for any statistically relevant stretch. And if Ray somehow manages to recognize the garbage he has employed behind the bench and fires them, it's still a question mark whether the roster he has constructed can do it.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
They would need much more than that to have a realistic shot.
Let's not start this debate again. This team as currently coached is not capable of sustaining any kind of quality play for any statistically relevant stretch. And if Ray somehow manages to recognize the garbage he has employed behind the bench and fires them, it's still a question mark whether the roster he has constructed can do it.
I’m not...you are starting it with this drivel. Please work on your reading comprehension.

All I am saying is this team can put together a winning streak together. They almost had 4 in a row if they just closed out that Sens game. This is the NHL, bad teams get hot all the time. Doesn’t make them any good but bad teams do have streaks in tnem.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I’m not...you are starting it with this drivel. Please work on your reading comprehension.

All I am saying is this team can put together a winning streak together. They almost had 4 in a row if they just closed out that Sens game. This is the NHL, bad teams get hot all the time. Doesn’t make them any good but bad teams do have streaks in tnem.
Anything is possible...but this team hasn't won that many consecutive games in more than a calendar year. I would be willing to bet quite confidently they will not do it, at least not while this coaching staff is in place.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Hall is so completely checked out, it’s actually almost insulting to watch his play right now. He needs to be traded immediately.

I’m kind of done with Greene too, he’s a terrible captain and his play on the ice has regressed so much I barely even consider him an NHLer at this point.

We need a total purge of ‘leadership’; Hynes, Hall & Greene would be my starting point.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Anything is possible...but this team hasn't won that many consecutive games in more than a calendar year. I would be willing to bet quite confidently they will not do it, at least not while this coaching staff is in place.
Pretty easy schedule coming up. Even though this team is a disaster I can see them putting up a good record over the next nine games. They have the talent, the lack of system and lack of confidence and desire is absolutely disgraceful. Staff has to go.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
John Hayden may be the worst NHL player I've ever seen. Quenneville is probably better. Why is this dude in over Boqvist? I'll never understand that

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well, this worked out.

2klrjno5boz31.jpg

I'm not sure the Devils would actually beat the Devils at this point :sarcasm:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Forget the Pittsburgh game on Friday. What we need is a beatdown from Detroit on Saturday and maybe, just maybe Hynes and Co will be toast.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Two years ago I thought he was basically the same as Tom Wilson.
Wilson may be a shithead but he can actually settle the puck down, cycle and create plays because he keeps his head up and analyzes what options he has. Wood is just a runaway train.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
How the hell has the Islanders won 14 of their last 15 games ...
Look at their roster...
You can’t say that coaching doesn’t make a huge difference if you compare our roster vs theirs and our record vs. theirs...

Reactions: vtdevils2k

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Look at their roster...
You can’t say that coaching makes a huge difference if you compare our roster vs theirs and our record vs. theirs...
Another good example were the later Deboer teams we had. GARBAGE ROSTER but they were a pain in the ass to play against. Coaching goes a long way.

Reactions: tr83

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Look at their roster...
You can’t say that coaching doesn’t make a huge difference if you compare our roster vs theirs and our record vs. theirs...

They have actual hockey players instead of a skating talent parade of underfed floaters, and... as you point out, a defensive system where everyone knows their job, does their job and it isn't just complete mayhem in front of their goalies. All of our skill guys simply aren't that good at playing hockey right now - we're right back to the Johnny Mac days where they've all 'forgotten how to play'. It's 22 guys all trying to do it all themselves. Exactly the opposite of what we saw for 20 years, and of what is over there on the island right now.

You'd love to see MB29 make a save now and again. Tough to defend him tonight especially on that one that went through him, but the others were top shelf corner lasers from Pasta and Gryz who had lots and lots of time.

It's gotten so bad that when I go back to watch the goals scored against us, guys are so far out of position that I can't even guess what they're trying to do.

Reactions: devsfan4life

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
But the ending is sad :(

The best 2012 playoff tribute was this one that had this Shinedown song as the backing track, "Diamond Eyes". Seemingly disappeared off YouTube however.

Although if you truly wanna cheer yourselves up. There is always this gem.

We need an updated one tho

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think what bothers me most about Hynes is that we find glimmers of hope in a line, and then he immediately juggles them. What the hell was Wood doing with Palms and Hughes - he was just fine on that 4th line with Simmonds... and before that, Zacha balanced Hughes nicely.

There've been a bunch of lines that have worked over a couple of games, but they've all been broken up as soon as they get comfortable and gain any momentum.

Right now, we have no lines going, and no pairings that work.... and therefore - zero traction.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Pretty easy schedule coming up. Even though this team is a disaster I can see them putting up a good record over the next nine games. They have the talent, the lack of system and lack of confidence and desire is absolutely disgraceful. Staff has to go.
Couldn’t even beat ottawa the other night

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think what bothers me most about Hynes is that we find glimmers of hope in a line, and then he immediately juggles them. What the hell was Wood doing with Palms and Hughes - he was just fine on that 4th line with Simmonds... and before that, Zacha balanced Hughes nicely.

There've been a bunch of lines that have worked over a couple of games, but they've all been broken up as soon as they get comfortable and gain any momentum.

Right now, we have no lines going, and no pairings that work.... and therefore - zero traction.
This. Lines should be this when Rooney is back.

Hall Hughes/Hischier Palmieri
Zacha Hischier/Hughes Bratt
Coleman Zajac Gusev
Wood Rooney Simmonds

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
This. Lines should be this when Rooney is back.

Hall Hughes/Hischier Palmieri
Zacha Hischier/Hughes Bratt
Coleman Zajac Gusev
Wood Rooney Simmonds

Exactly. You're the new coach of the NJ Devils as far as I'm concerned. And don't tweak it for 5-10 game intervals until something proves it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad