GDT: Devils vs. Bruins - Hard To Kill - 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
This graphic made me lol because it's not even subtle... that final "factoid" is a short fused grenade thrown right at Hynes and not even close to a good thing for Cory either.

H1kr5SP.png

Yah this and longest tenured Hynes players made it pretty clear to me that the dude is going to be fired very soon. Also Daneyko and Sal acting like they're on a job interview for a position in the third.

Hall is also as good as gone.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This graphic made me lol because it's not even subtle... that final "factoid" is a short fused grenade thrown right at Hynes and not even close to a good thing for Cory either.

H1kr5SP.png

LOL yeah that's surprisingly telling for the network...they could have just said only playoff win since 2012 but putting in the Hynes era is a neon blinking sign. It feels like Cory is the last scapegoat for Ray before his hand is going to be forced with Hynes.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Two years ago I thought he was basically the same as Tom Wilson.
2 years ago Wood scored more goals then Wilson. It wasn't until that years playoffs that Wilson began to break out.

And let's not forget that Wilson plays with a very good Caps team while Wood is with a very bad NJ team. Wilsons most common linemates this year and last are Ovi and Kuz, while Wood's most common linemates have been Zajac and Coleman. No offense to Trav and Coleman but......

Last edited:

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
This. Lines should be this when Rooney is back.

Hall Hughes/Hischier Palmieri
Zacha Hischier/Hughes Bratt
Coleman Zajac Gusev
Wood Rooney Simmonds[/QUOTE
IMO they have to try Goose out with Nico at this point. One of our top 2 LW's has to be able to finish.

The other thing is JBoq has to get in the lineup somewhere in a position to succeed. If that means dropping an underperforming veteran wing, so be it. If JBoq fails send him back to Sweden so he can play.
IMO they have to try Goose out with Nico at this point. One of our top 2 LW's has to be able to finish.

The other thing is JBoq has to get in the lineup somewhere in a position to succeed. If that means dropping an underperforming veteran wing, so be it. If JBoq fails send him back to Sweden so he can play.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
What's scary is, I really do not know how you fix this roster to make it competitive and compete for the Cup. Doesn't look like we're gonna get out of this anytime soon. The talent is there you would think, but they just look so bad/lost at times.

-Fire the coach and bring someone else in and pray a new system will help everyone get out of this funk.... ok good.

-Eventually trade Hall for hopefully a good package that can help the defense and get another first round pick ok good.

-Blackwood hopefully continues to progress and become our starter going forward, ok good.

-Nico and Jack as our 1st/2nd line center, Zacha eventually 3C, McLeod our 4C I guess. Good if not great center depth if everyone continues to progress

-We have some decent depth guys in the AHL and on the roster for bottom 6 spots.

-Goose is coming along...Bratt is Bratt...J Boqvist needs to play more but who knows when that will happen

-We have Ty Smith and some other promising defensive prospects.

There are pieces, but is it enough?

I knew the team was barren with the way Lou left things and Shero is doing his best and it's going to take time, but damn is this rebuild going to be longer than I think most of us thought. I really don't want to be another lottery team, even though perhaps in the long run it may be the best thing.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The first goal was a surgical shot. No goalie is saving that. The third goal was not as good of a shot, but it also was junder the crossbar
I'd say no goalie was saving the shot that deflected off Carlo but lo and behold Rask got over.

Camille the Eel

Also the Bruin's found some tape on Blackwood to shoot high glove shoulder.
He was off his angles - really very out of good position within the net mouth - and much too deep in the net for several of the goals. Definitely on the Gryzlick goal (#4).

He didn’t seem to see the Pasternak shot from the point that was the back breaker. Nico almost tied it just before that.

I thought we gave a good effort against a clearly much superior team and hung in there with them pretty well until that power play goal. Poor play by Subban led to that one too.

We will need to score more than one goal to beat that team. The stat that had us second to last in the league in scoring continues to amaze me.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I loved the Coleman interview.
You could tell he wanted to just come out and say that guys aren’t trying and don’t give a crap. The bit about scoring a late goal in the 2nd period and being at home should be enough to get the room going but.... laid an egg.
Players HAVE TO be getting pissed off or at least can see that Hall is playing like dog crap and is just going through the motions .
If I was a player trying my ass off and getting zero results I’d have to do or say something to the effect that this isn’t working .... this system and way we are playing is garbage .AKA fire this ****** coach and his garbage assistants .

I was never a Coleman fan until now. I unfairly want all Devils players to be a Mcdavid point scoring machine but realize that even though Coleman isn’t going to put up huge numbers , at least the guy cares and tries his ass off all the time .
The same can’t be said for Hall. Trade him ASAP. I do not want a player in the team that doesn’t want to be there.
Hopefully the other players start saying and thinking the same thing to speed up a trade and get this *****e off the team
Reading this I am worried about the salary floor, when we start everybody ASAP.

I actually don't think it would work out, as a team needs a mix and blend of character, skill, IQ, athletic ability and physicality from the roster. Hall was this communities future captain after his Hart season. He doesn't play right now like it. The reason could be physical limitations post injuries, confidence, character, coaching, system or whatever. Trading him certainly doesn't guarantee better results for this season. But the futures in a Hall deal could still be the better option in the long run.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
How the hell has the Islanders won 14 of their last 15 games ...
Look at their roster...
You can’t say that coaching doesn’t make a huge difference if you compare our roster vs theirs and our record vs. theirs...

The system. Watching the man on man defense, our players are never in good position to get puck when in d zone because all they are doing is hard shadowing a player around the d zone, instead of smartly anticipating where the player and puck may end up in d zone.

Even in standard zonal coverage, players would generally be in right place to anticipate the right spot on average because they are covering middle of zone areas. Now, most of time they are step by step where the opponent is, and he just plays it to where they are NOT (because each man is effectively shadow covering another player. I thimk this is why we just chase chase and chase in dzone majority of time, and it looks like other team is on a PP.

So stupid this d system is...

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
People can mock the Seney meme but the dude probably does deserve a call-up at this point. Whether they'd actually let him play is another story, we've seen what happened with Boqvist after his impressive preseason and Seney already had a kick at the can last year.
Time to propose some Bracco + 2nd for ... eh I mean ... Seney + 2nd for a legit #1 LHD deals on the main board. Too bad Shero already traded our 2020 and 2021 2nd away. :madfire: FIRE SHERO

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I’ll do it for free. :rolleyes:

I coach a kids intramural league and won a championship. Suck on that Hynes.
I mean, you haven't coached against men. Could you post a vid of yours skating' I want to measure your turns. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tretyak 20

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What's scary is, I really do not know how you fix this roster to make it competitive and compete for the Cup. Doesn't look like we're gonna get out of this anytime soon. The talent is there you would think, but they just look so bad/lost at times.

-Fire the coach and bring someone else in and pray a new system will help everyone get out of this funk.... ok good.

-Eventually trade Hall for hopefully a good package that can help the defense and get another first round pick ok good.

-Blackwood hopefully continues to progress and become our starter going forward, ok good.

-Nico and Jack as our 1st/2nd line center, Zacha eventually 3C, McLeod our 4C I guess. Good if not great center depth if everyone continues to progress

-We have some decent depth guys in the AHL and on the roster for bottom 6 spots.

-Goose is coming along...Bratt is Bratt...J Boqvist needs to play more but who knows when that will happen

-We have Ty Smith and some other promising defensive prospects.

There are pieces, but is it enough?

I knew the team was barren with the way Lou left things and Shero is doing his best and it's going to take time, but damn is this rebuild going to be longer than I think most of us thought. I really don't want to be another lottery team, even though perhaps in the long run it may be the best thing.

I really think you'll be shocked at what a good coach can do with this roster. I honestly think just about any coach we've ever had - not just Burns or Lemaire, I mean Julien, Ftorek, DeBoer, even Kevin frickin' Constantine - would have this team in the playoff picture. It's obvious at this point that Hynes only knows how to tell talentless schlubs how to "skate harder" and "believe in each other" and other minor league bullshit.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I really think you'll be shocked at what a good coach can do with this roster. I honestly think just about any coach we've ever had - not just Burns or Lemaire, I mean Julien, Ftorek, DeBoer, even Kevin frickin' Constantine - would have this team in the playoff picture. It's obvious at this point that Hynes only knows how to tell talentless schlubs how to "skate harder" and "believe in each other" and other minor league bull****.
"earn the B"?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
John Hayden may be the worst NHL player I've ever seen. Quenneville is probably better. Why is this dude in over Boqvist? I'll never understand that
To this point in the season I'd say Hayden has been better then Boqvist.

Obviously Boqvist is younger and has more potential, but to this point Hayden has not been the worse player on the current squad let alone the worst NHL player we've ever seen.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The way I would do it:

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri
Zacha-Hischier-Bratt
Coleman-Zajac-Gusev
Wood-Rooney-Simmonds

But at this rate, it doesn't matter given the way the coaching staff is running things. We couldn't look like less of an NHL team the way we did last night.

I'm befuddled by all of this. Befuddled I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->