A53F4451-26DA-4B9A-A4D4-1A32B7C7A445.png

5F73D855-7919-44AC-9516-47AF66EC81E0.png

22F45BFA-5EA3-485A-9253-AB62817206FC.png

2F36AA81-18A2-4E96-9C73-2726D076A34E.png

Clearly the same.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
What I get from this team and I mean team is relentless hockey. Their efforts are mostly 100% percent each game. They have no super stars, but do have some talented, speedy young players who are loving not losing anymore. Fritz did a good job putting together a solid defense who for the most part are playing smart and quick. And finally, I never heard of our goaltenders until this season. But my goodness are they playing well. It’s been awhile for us Devil fans to enjoy watching winning hockey.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
When was what? His rib injury today or his last injury in the pre season? Were you in the kitchen when it happened? He got crosschecked to the ribs bad and was in serious pain, missed a few shifts and left the ice early. Felt like he was playing through the pain. Hopefully it's nothing, but him being tough and all the adrenaline you never know.
Hahah sorry I wasn’t clear, I meant when he got badly injured and finished the game before going out for an extended period of time. If you’re referencing the MTL game in pre-season, I believe he played a few shifts afterwards, not the whole game.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Okay, I was watching the Sens feed and maybe I didn't see the view that you guys did, because it didn't look like a kick at all to me.

In any case, I've yet to see a player direct a puck into the net with a skate and have the goal stand up. Kick or no kick, if skate is anything but motionless and planted, the goal is waved off.

Yes, after letting almost everything count last season, seemingly going with the idea that skates could move forward with momentum and even angle pucks in and that not be a kick, everything is a kick this season.

They must have decided this off-season that it became too existential with people debating what the word “kick” actually meant in the rule.

It’s probably easier in the end to broadly say any forward foot movement directing the puck into the net is a kick now.

Letting the soccer shit count was fun but it was also making it too complicated.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Yeah Nico was just hanging out and then Watson made a decision to go hit him

Total cheapshot, way more blatant than the usual stuff in the run of the play. Can’t believe there wasn’t any call.

Reactions: Guadana

Camille the Eel

Watson cross checked Nico pretty hard from behind and the side completely away from the play, no call. Caught him just above his pants above the padding, total cheap shot.

Talk about a cheap shot. That hardly does it Justice. There’s not even a play going on. He just skated up to a player well away from the puck and who has his back turned, and assaults him with his stick.

How does the league not suspend and fine him for this? They can’t let this go. I don’t know what Watson’s prior record is, but this is 10 games or more for me. Premeditated attempt to injure a guy who has his back turned and it’s not in the flow of the play at all or heat of the moment. There’s no place in the game for this.

I can only imagine what the league would do if it was McDavid on the receiving end of this.

Really I am astonished. I’ve been watching hockey a long time and this is about as bad as anything I’ve ever seen. Maybe Brad Marchand has done stuff like this a couple times? They should not let this go.

Yeah Nico was just hanging out and then Watson made a decision to go hit him

Total cheapshot, way more blatant than the usual stuff in the run of the play. Can’t believe there wasn’t any call.
It was so away from and behind the play I don’t think they saw it.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Talk about a cheap shot. That hardly does it Justice. There’s not even a play going on. He just skated up to a player well away from the puck and who has his back turned, and assaults him with his stick.

How does the league not suspend and fine him for this? They can’t let this go. I don’t know what Watson’s prior record is, but this is 10 games or more for me. Premeditated attempt to injure a guy who has his back turned and it’s not in the flow of the play at all or heat of the moment. There’s no place in the game for this.

I can only imagine what the league would do if it was McDavid on the receiving end of this.

Really I am astonished. I’ve been watching hockey a long time and this is about as bad as anything I’ve ever seen. Maybe Brad Marchand has done stuff like this a couple times? They should not let this go.

Sorry but I think you and a lot of people are massively overreacting. Plays like that happen every game. Just don’t get that much attention because usually players don’t get that hurt.

Rarely a penalty. Not a chance it’s ever gonna be any more than a 2 minute minor. Stupid and unnecessary but it happens all the time and that one clearly just caught Nico in a bad spot.

Reactions: My3Sons

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Sorry but I think you and a lot of people are massively overreacting. Plays like that happen every game. Just don’t get that much attention because usually players don’t get that hurt.

Rarely a penalty. Not a chance it’s ever gonna be any more than a 2 minute minor. Stupid and unnecessary but it happens all the time and that one clearly just caught Nico in a bad spot.
Yeah and it shouldn’t happen all the time. Brings absolutely nothing to the game.

And if you want it to not happen all the time, it’s got to be called

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Yes. Bastian got absolutely robbed. JBoq is playing well. This off season he needs to work on his shot. He is missing some good ops.
Bastian had a great game. He got robbed on a goal and he had a very nice play off the half wall, possessing, stick handling and getting a pass to McLeod for a grade A scoring chance. The whole BMW line was a menace today.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

To the NHL this is a sneaky good play by a wiley veteran. Weekes even alluded to the play as such, as did the crew at intermission.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

Not like this it doesn’t happen all the time in my memory. It’s not a natural follow through of a play; not in the flow of the action; the prior sequence is over; time passes; Watson takes several strides to get to him and hits him when he’s alone in the center of the ice and has got his back turned and has his attention elsewhere. And he does hurt him by taking a shot that can reasonably be expected to injure someone. He picks that spot in the kidney and ribs intentionally. Compare it to Kucherov elbowing Vatanen on the fly. At least Vatanen could have ducked. Had some way to see what was happening and defend himself.

This is in my view a particularly egregious and distorted example of the stuff that “happens all the time” and that’s why I think it deserves suspension.

Like Marchand attacking that goalie with his stick last year. That got him suspended. But at least the goalie could see it coming.

Reactions: Xirik

Camille the Eel

To the NHL this is a sneaky good play by a wiley veteran. Weekes even alluded to the play as such, as did the crew at intermission.
There’s something seriously wrong with the game. Let’s hope Nico is okay. What’s it going to take for the league to get rid of this stuff? A star player like McDavid or like what Nico is becoming missing major time? A ruptured kidney or broken rib? I mean where does it end? It’s only a matter of time. I can’t see any justification for tolerating this shit. Watson should be gone for this.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The only folks not praising Watson were the Devil's broadcast. Everyone else was talking about how he sparked his team. That's the way the NHL is.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad