GDT: Devils @ Senators - 1:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
So is Nico okey? Last time he got injured and later returned to ice he still end up missing bunch of games. So I'm certain he was playing with multiple broken ribs out there.

Also I'm so happy for Schmid. Could we actually have some serious goaltending prospects/future talent in our pool with Schmid, Daws and Brennan.

Man this success warms my heart, after everything we've been through. #ruutu2tootoo

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'd like to talk to you about our Lord and Saviour, Fabian Zetterlund.

1668887070314-jpeg.609933
Might as well be Thor.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It’s so refreshing to watch. Takes stress out of watching it.

Also, that the 4 best are in the last two years probably shows there is starting to be a league wide shift in thinking on how to play with a lead.

Part of it is also just that it's early in the season. I don't expect Carolina or New Jersey to stay where they are, either.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
So is Nico okey? Last time he got injured and later returned to ice he still end up missing bunch of games. So I'm certain he was playing with multiple broken ribs out there.

Also I'm so happy for Schmid. Could we actually have some serious goaltending prospects/future talent in our pool with Schmid, Daws and Brennan.

Man this success warms my heart, after everything we've been through. #ruutu2tootoo
Nothing said to this point is good. If they had said anything even about him having a small bruise it would be fair for us to assume he’s in the operation room already.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

When was that? Nico played the whole game and looked 100% after the 1st intermission.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Nothing said to this point is good. If they had said anything even about him having a small bruise it would be fair for us to assume he’s in the operation room already.
Didn’t you mean to say nothing said pointed to it being bad?

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
One thing I was to point out: the phrase "distinct kicking motion" apparently has no meaning at all. I have yet to see a goal allowed where a player's skate moved in any way. Just change the damn rule to reflect that if that's how you're going to call it. What Dougie did was exactly what the rule change was intended to allow.

I'm not bitching at the call because at least it's consistent, as soon as I saw that his skate turned a little I knew they were going to take it away.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Hollywood Nosebleed

Oct 10, 2014
"I wish we played like the devils."

"Join the club. There are 30 other teams that feel the same way."

"Okay, I wish our players played relentless hockey like the Devils.

I see speed and skill combined with offensive and defensive structure in the devils. Nobody is ever coasting, they are able to move the puck out of the zone quickly and efficiently, hound the puck defensively in all zones. I don’t see that in our game.

I acknowledge great teams make others look bad, but it’s not just this game.

We need an upgrade on D and a healthy and engaged Chabot though. Our D is not in the same level as NJD"

Jim, I know you like to play contrarian, and you haven't seen most of the winning streak, but this exchange has been a regular thing after teams play us. Who knows if we keep it up, but we are trending very well, and still have a few elite/high end prospects coming.

Also, if Ottawa, Montreal, Detroit, and Buffalo play it slow and steady like us with they will be scary. Fitz believed in our young talent. The wins might not have been there, but the underlining numbers were. He bet on the young players, didn't panic, and it's paying off.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
One thing I was to point out: the phrase "distinct kicking motion" apparently has no meaning at all. I have yet to see a goal allowed where a player's skate moved in any way. Just change the damn rule to reflect that if that's how you're going to call it. What Dougie did was exactly what the rule change was intended to allow.

I'm not bitching at the call because at least it's consistent, as soon as I saw that his skate turned a little I knew they were going to take it away.

His skate didn't turn. His skate went towards the net. That's what they don't want - people using their skates propelling pucks towards the net by altering their skating stride and kicking at the puck. I thought Hamilton's goal was good live (unlike Nico's and Yegor's) but once they showed the second replay I thought it was coming off the board.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

I’ve had no issues with those calls. IMO from what I saw he clearly moved his skate forward in a kicking motion.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
His skate didn't turn. His skate went towards the net. That's what they don't want - people using their skates propelling pucks towards the net by altering their skating stride and kicking at the puck. I thought Hamilton's goal was good live (unlike Nico's and Yegor's) but once they showed the second replay I thought it was coming off the board.

I’ve had no issues with those calls. IMO from what I saw he clearly moved his skate forward in a kicking motion.

Okay, I was watching the Sens feed and maybe I didn't see the view that you guys did, because it didn't look like a kick at all to me.

In any case, I've yet to see a player direct a puck into the net with a skate and have the goal stand up. Kick or no kick, if skate is anything but motionless and planted, the goal is waved off.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
When was that? Nico played the whole game and looked 100% after the 1st intermission.

When was what? His rib injury today or his last injury in the pre season? Were you in the kitchen when it happened? He got crosschecked to the ribs bad and was in serious pain, missed a few shifts and left the ice early. Felt like he was playing through the pain. Hopefully it's nothing, but him being tough and all the adrenaline you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad