GDT: Devils @ Senators - 1:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Eh 13:31 ATOI is more third line than second line, especially given he plays on the PP. But yes he's shown the celling to someday be more than an elite third-liner and I knew the panic here over him potentially being cut was nonsense, I was annoyed enough he wasn't playing early. Like someone else pointed out the takeoff kinda started when he did finally get back in the lineup.
Zetterlund is 6th on the team among forwards in even strength TOI/GP with Palat out. He's playing a top 6 role, and since he's playing with Nico he's also playing hard minutes.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

He’s such a beast. He’s similar to Coleman in that he plays that gritty style that the old school fans love, but his underlying numbers are also tremendous so the analytics guys love him.

That's a 32 year old "tough, physical" defenseman bouncing off him like he's the boards as well. Most players that have hit him have not had a good time of it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
They’re not bad.
chernobyl-not-great-not-terrible.gif

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Not even close. It was slow around the horn then get picked off and give up a SHG more often than anything. These guys are moving in and out of a 1-3-1 going on a rotation and yo-yoing back and forth within their mini zones to pull the PK out of position until there's a nice seam pass or shot. I love the flow and speed of this PP so much it just makes me even more angry that we stuck with that crap for so long last year. Why did they stick with the same BS for so long? The players are almost identical... tells you a lot about the coaching.

They were very slow and almost never used the bumper guy or the net front guy (did they even ever do it?). It was really just a 3 on 4.

With the current pp, I wish they'd rotate players more though (they seemed to do it sometimes, but not a lot), it makes it that much harder for the other team to defend.

We also actually move the puck to the slot now. Under Recchi I swear it just moved between up top to the flanks. That pass by Bratt to Nico in the slot for a one timer is something we never did. The play Haula scored on where Zetterlund bumped it to Haula at the top of the circle/high slot is something I see used around the league that we never used under Recchi and have done quite a bit this year

Yea I forget which goal it was, but I was so amazed cuz this team actually pulled it off, even though it's literally what every other team does regularly LOL

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Way late on this, but I watched this game with my brother, my infant son, and my Ranger fan father in law. That was fun. Little guy wasn't paying much attention to the game, but he got excited when we did, which was very cute.

I'm sure somebody else already mentioned this, but one observation I had from the game was that the Devils got the job done with almost entirely secondary scoring. Goals from the second PP unit, fourth line, third line, first PK unit, and the fourth line again. Very cool to see that we can still dominate a game even when the big guns are relatively quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille