Confirmed with Link: Devils claim P.A. Parenteau off Waivers

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I like this move. I feel that Speers would be getting a bit rushed if he stayed up here. Hopefully he gets sent back, dominates the O and makes the team next year.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
On the surface, I like it.

Though I've heard that if he doesn't get Top-6 minutes he will sulk.

At this point, I see it as a shrewd move by Ray.

He had 41 points last year and is our 2nd best RWer now. I think he goes right to Hallrique

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Awesome pick-up, I like it.

If things go badly, we can get 2nd round pick for him at the deadline, if things go well, he can help us make the playoffs. Win-win :)

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
I just really hope this isn't ryder 2.0

Like worrying about a tornado in NJ.

He's barely a $1M cap hit and has a one year contract. If he's Ryder 2.0 he sits in the press box. We also don't have to rely on him the way we did Ryder. Its not comparable considering we have other scoring options. Hell, we can even waive him if he was that bad.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
How are Parenteau's wheels?

Disregard: Gross said on his Twitter that the knock on Parenteau is his skating.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Man Shero has been a shrewd player so far. His patience in waiting for the right move to come to him has been impressive. Don't know how much the lack of pressure to win factors into that, or if he will do things differently as we climb higher up that ladder, but it seems every move he makes is a win.

What is PA's contract?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Man Shero has been a shrewd player so far. His patience in waiting for the right move to come to him has been impressive. Don't know how much the lack of pressure to win factors into that, or if he will do things differently as we climb higher up that ladder, but it seems every move he makes is a win.

What is PA's contract?

I believe it's only like 1 year less than 2 mil. No risk. Solid move.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
does it really need to be said again? shero is the man. another low cost, medium impact move. love it

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I believe, historically, Parenteau has been pretty decent in shootouts as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad