Confirmed with Link: Devils claim P.A. Parenteau off Waivers

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But he doesn't have Tavares! He might score fewer points than Kalinin!:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Interesting that the Devils chose PAP over Pulkkinen.

Because Pulkinnen's NHL career has been underwhelming in a short sample size. I would have been fine with claiming him, but he's a bigger question mark than Parenteau is right now.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Wood stays I think

Speers will go back to SSM. Sucks because the kid clearly had a great camp but he'll crush it in the OHL this season and be a shoe in for the team next year.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Because Pulkinnen's NHL career has been underwhelming in a short sample size. I would have been fine with claiming him, but he's a bigger question mark than Parenteau is right now.

Actually, he may be a an even bigger question mark than Bennett and DSP too.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I still wouldn't be surprised if they send Wood to Albany initially and keep Speers for the 9 games at least.

Gotta think they've kept around this long for a reason.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Wood stays I think

Speers will go back to SSM. Sucks because the kid clearly had a great camp but he'll crush it in the OHL this season and be a shoe in for the team next year.

I found it interesting in the FB Live interview with Julie, she mentioned him getting a look at Team Canada for the World Juniors. So at least he has something to look forward to this year, and probably has the confidence to do so now.

Also Pulkkinen got claimed by Minny. I think we made the right move with Parenteau.

This also gives Zacha one of Bennett/Parenteau to play with on the right side.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I still wouldn't be surprised if they send Wood to Albany initially and keep Speers for the 9 games at least.

Gotta think they've kept around this long for a reason.

Except now they have three top nine RW's. There's nowhere to put him unless you send BB to the press box and put him on the fourth line which wouldn't make sense. Or demoting DSP to the fourth line which wouldn't be fair at this point.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
I don't get this pickup but I'll take it. Griffith was claimed by Toronto so we had no shot at him since they picked first. I still think a 24 year old right wing (Pulkkinen), yes I know coming off surgery, was worth the shot more than a 33 year old right wing. But hopefully Parenteau has a chip on his shoulder like Hall did saying "Why didn't the Islanders want me?"

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd say Speers and Santini myself. Wood can rotate on the fourth line, I don't see the other two getting much playing time atm.

I think we need Santini right now, with Merrill on IR.

Or we have to call up another D.

Right now we have Greene, Severson, Lovejoy, Moore, Quincey, Santini and pin up boy for the 7.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
On the surface, I like it.

Though I've heard that if he doesn't get Top-6 minutes he will sulk.

At this point, I see it as a shrewd move by Ray.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think we need Santini right now, with Merrill on IR.

Or we have to call up another D.

Right now we have Greene, Severson, Lovejoy, Moore, Quincey, Santini and pin up boy for the 7.

You're forgetting the French wonder who almost surely won a spot in the top six over Santini. They have eight D ATM and none of them aside from Helgeson should be in the press box.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Pulkkinen is okay but I'd rather have Parenteau. Parenteau is more of a facilitator, Pulkkinen is a bulk shooter.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't get this pickup but I'll take it. Griffith was claimed by Toronto so we had no shot at him since they picked first. I still think a 24 year old right wing (Pulkkinen), yes I know coming off surgery, was worth the shot more than a 33 year old right wing. But hopefully Parenteau has a chip on his shoulder like Hall did saying "Why didn't the Islanders want me?"

What is so great about Griffith? He's been underwhelming as an NHL player so far.

I understand, small sample size and all. But I don't see why so many people wanted him. He made the tag team champions of the AARP look like a bunch of pylons and then scored a soft goal on Cory. It seems that's all anyone remembers.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Very happy with this pick-up. Good veteran player that helps shore up our RW depth.

Our forward group is so much better than last year it's crazy. It's not even that good but last year was so bad :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're forgetting the French wonder who almost surely won a spot in the top six over Santini. They have eight D ATM and none of them aside from Helgeson should be in the press box.
You're right, good call.

I'm not sure how I forgot about him.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Didn't realize he had 41 points in Toronto last year, good pickup. As exciting as it was to think about Speers or Wood making the team its best they continue to develop.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Not at all surprised, I feel like the Devils have been interested in him for a little while. Gives us immediate RW depth, and we no longer have to gamble with DSP or Bennett on the top line.

Wood and Speers returned to where they belong, JoJo and Gadzic in the press box which is also where they belong.

The guy can still produce, gives us depth at a weak position, and we got him for free. What's not to love?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad