Confirmed with Link: Devils claim P.A. Parenteau off Waivers

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I was hoping we'd grab him up. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him with Hall and Rico. I think he can be this year's Lee Stempniak for us.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
I have no idea why he was put on waivers in the first place, but enjoy him Devs fans.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So what are we looking at for forwards?

Hall-Henrique-PAP
Boucher-Zajac-Palmieri
Cammalleri-Zacha-Bennett
Kalinin-Fiddler-DSP

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He still contributes offense.

He always gets trashed as someone that was a product Tavares, just because he didn't produce a zillion points after he left the Islanders.

People act like he's some 25 point guy because of that.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
tumblr_ob2ttorf8M1spjzfzo1_500.gif

Surprised, but I'm actually pretty happy about this. Scored 20 goals last year on a bad Toronto team, and is a good shootout player too.

Can't complain at all.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I love it.

RWs could use some work and he is easily a top-nine RW. I could see the logic here in acquiring a proven veteran for a year versus taking a chance at a young guy like Griffith. We already have our young guys like DSP/Bennett/Lappin we're going to cycle through so there's no point in adding another unknown.

The good thing about Parenteau is he played well with a skilled forward in Tavares who is arguably more shoot-first than pass-first. Zacha and Hall are very much the same in that regard.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
We could have signed him over the summer as a UFA. Do you think he took a discount to sign with the Isles, and we got that discount passed on to us?

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I think he automatically become our 2nd best RW option after Palms. I'm glad we made this move for one of the waiver wire guys, whether it was him, Pulks, or Griffith just because besides that first preseason game, I don't think Bennett has overly impressed the coaching staff just yet.

Good move, and Speers had a nice run! Good for him. He'll be back when he's ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad