Confirmed with Link: Devils claim P.A. Parenteau off Waivers

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Devils website has Parenteau wearing #17.

He wore #15 for the Leafs last year, so it's not like they just defaulted to his most recent one.

612900132.0.jpg

Don't know if it's official, Parenteau happened to be wearing #17 for the Islanders. Devils site still lists Bennett as #19.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Hard not to like this move. If he sucks, on to waivers he goes. It's not like we don't have the cap space to absorb his massive contract ;) If he gets us 30 points, then that's 30 points we likely didn't have before. Shrewd Shero at it again....

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Hard not to like this move. If he sucks, on to waivers he goes. It's not like we don't have the cap space to absorb his massive contract ;) If he gets us 30 points, then that's 30 points we likely didn't have before. Shrewd Shero at it again....

Well, he'd have to outscore/outplay Bennett or DSP. Can he do it? Yeah, I think so, but it's not a given. On the other hand, he's a play driver, so maybe he can help his linemates produce better.

Either way, I think it's a solid pickup.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I hope he just retires at this point. Between the roster we have now and the guys down in Albany, I don't think there is a place for him. As much as I want there to be.

There will be space for him in November/December when (if) he's ready to come back. The injury bug will inevitably hit by then.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If patty can play they will make room for him.

In all honesty, it might be better for Elias to get full healthy and then jump in with the team come November/December if he's ready.

At his age, I doubt he's going to hold up for 82 games, but for 40 games, he could be a very effective player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad