Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
There was a nice article on the Athletic about Hall. I loved this quote from Lovejoy...
"I think that he is the tone-setter in our locker room at all times. He’s the guy you want to follow, you want to keep up with. You can see how motivated he is. He had an amazing year last year, and he threw us on his back and willed us to the playoffs. You can see he’s not satisfied. He wants more. He wants more playoffs games, and I think everybody in here wants that for everybody in here.”

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I am an avid Gaslight Anthem fan and even I can admit 'Howl' is not a good song. It's definitely the worst song on Handwritten and might be near the top of the worst in their catalog.

I wish they used Rammstein's 'Engel' as the goal song.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Gaslight anthem are good but that song is pretty awful as far as goal songs go.

Not as bad as that other one we used to have with the “let’s go devils” at the end. Woof.

Reactions: David Conte

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i'm in the neutral camp. but i do realize that i don't actually sing along to the goal song. i must be getting old :sarcasm:

hot take that'll prob get me mod warninged: i actually like the rangers goal song

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The sad part is that it's a tradition this franchise started. As far as I know, we're the first team in any sport to start using that song when we were the Colorado Rockies.

Wow. That's a neat little nugget I wasn't aware of...

From Wikipedia:
Part 2 of the song has become a standard at sporting events, particularly in North America. It was played first in a sport setting in 1974 at games for the Kalamazoo Wings of the high-minor International Hockey League by Kevin O'Brien, the team's public relations and marketing director.[5] When he went to work for the NHL's Colorado Rockies in 1976, he brought the song with him. After the Rockies moved to New Jersey as the New Jersey Devils in 1982, the Denver Nuggets and Denver Broncos picked up the tradition and were the first NBA and NFLteams to play the song during games.[5]

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

Here goes:

Tor: Miles Wood, Damon Severson, John Quenneville
NJ: Nylander, Nathan Horton, Ron Hainsey

You can perhaps do them an even bigger solid and replace Hainsey with Zaitsev if the latter is not a total traffic cone.

I base Toronto's willingness to do this on the fact they are going to be in an extremely tough cap position next year if they sign Nylander for close to what you would expect him to be asking for. I didn't feel like getting flamed by Leafs fans by posting this on the main board.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Here goes:

Tor: Miles Wood, Damon Severson, John Quenneville
NJ: Nylander, Nathan Horton, Ron Hainsey

You can perhaps do them an even bigger solid and replace Hainsey with Zaitsev if the latter is not a total traffic cone.

I base Toronto's willingness to do this on the fact they are going to be in an extremely tough cap position next year if they sign Nylander for close to what you would expect him to be asking for. I didn't feel like getting flamed by Leafs fans by posting this on the main board.

We are replacing Severson with 37 year old Hainsey?

Reactions: glenwo2

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I generally side with the player by default...but come on Miles, you and your agent aren't doing yourselves any favors.

Reactions: glenwo2

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
We are replacing Severson with 37 year old Hainsey?

I mean, I figure Hainsey's a stop gap that you can throw in there for bottom pairing duty along with Lovejoy/Santini. I edited my post to say Toronto could send us Zaitsev if they want. I have no idea what he is except that Leafs fans seem to complain about him all the time and I get the sense he was a Lou guy, but maybe I'm wrong.

Getting rid of Severson is a risk, but Nylander is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille