Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I hate trading players whose ceiling is still known and Wood is one of those players, I could see him becoming a top power forward in this league who puts in 3o+ goals a year. It would have to be more a player like Karlsson for me to be comfortable parting with him.
stone's a pretty good return though...

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I could be way off but is this the first contract hold-out since Niedermayer? Not seeing Wood on the training camp roster is a little concerning.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
Behind The Glass: New Jersey Devils Training Camp debuts Sept. 26

I’m sure this was posted already somewhere. But wanted to post it here at the beginning of this thread in case anyone missed it. Looks neat, and very cool that we’re the first organization to do something like this. Besides the behind the scenes of the winter classic teams they did.

September 13, 2018 - The National Hockey League (NHL®), NHL Network™ and the New Jersey Devils® today announced the launch of a new four-part, all-access series titled Behind The Glass: New Jersey Devils Training Camp, premiering Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 7:00 p.m. ET on NHL Network. Making the first series of its kind focused on the NHL preseason, each 30-minute episode of Behind The Glass will offer fans an unprecedented look inside the NHL preseason through the lens of the Devils, who are coming into the 2018-19 NHL regular season following their first Stanley Cup Playoff appearance in six years.”

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Behind The Glass: New Jersey Devils Training Camp debuts Sept. 26

I’m sure this was posted already somewhere. But wanted to post it here at the beginning of this thread in case anyone missed it. Looks neat, and very cool that we’re the first organization to do something like this. Besides the behind the scenes of the winter classic teams they did.

September 13, 2018 - The National Hockey League (NHL®), NHL Network™ and the New Jersey Devils® today announced the launch of a new four-part, all-access series titled Behind The Glass: New Jersey Devils Training Camp, premiering Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 7:00 p.m. ET on NHL Network. Making the first series of its kind focused on the NHL preseason, each 30-minute episode of Behind The Glass will offer fans an unprecedented look inside the NHL preseason through the lens of the Devils, who are coming into the 2018-19 NHL regular season following their first Stanley Cup Playoff appearance in six years.”

Can anyone tell me what SI Now is? Is it another monthly service? Just want to be sure I can watch this thing.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Dreger on potential Karlsson suitors: "as I was driving I got a call from a junior contact, believe it or not, who suggested that maybe the New Jersey Devils has inched their way into the process."

Uh oh!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
that's because he's about to be swapped for EK65, 1 for 1 :sarcasm:

On one hand, I wouldn't mind him being included in a deal for Karlsson or Stone... obviously..... but on the other hand, you can't replace what he brings to this team... his ridiculous speed, the goals he did score, his toughness...

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Dreger on potential Karlsson suitors: "as I was driving I got a call from a junior contact, believe it or not, who suggested that maybe the New Jersey Devils has inched their way into the process."

Uh oh!

i saw the rumors, but if dreger is reporting it too hmm.........

smart to mention it's from a junior contact though. So if it "falls through", then his reputation is safe

guarantee you if we move to get him, then wood is outta here

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
with wood holding out it would almost be a certain that he would be included in any trade that the devils get in on. (not saying EK specific) also i'm not saying i agree that wood should be dealt.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i saw the rumors, but if dreger is reporting it too hmm.........

smart to mention it's from a junior contact though. So if it "falls through", then his reputation is safe

guarantee you if we move to get him, then wood is outta here

Yeah that’s where I bump my head, how would anyone who’s in juniors know before a deal is actually done? And suggesting maybe is quite vague.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Yeah that’s where I bump my head, how would anyone who’s in juniors know before a deal is actually done?
the way i see "junior contact" is moreso of someone who's a new "insider source" for darren, like a rookie contact, as opposed to someone who's been reliable with information for a while.

but still, the fact that dreger is dangling that little tidbit is interesting...

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Yeah that’s where I bump my head, how would anyone who’s in juniors know before a deal is actually done?

Pretty easy to answer this. First off, not entirely sure "junior" contact means "in juniors" or just not someone Dreger considers reliable or senior in his hierarchy of contacts.

But there are people of all ages and status that work in hockey front offices, for agents, for players. If Ottawa has a scouting intern at camp this year who last year worked at a junior team and is close with people there he could absolutely mention something that is clearly going on at his place. And if one of those people has a line to Dreger, for whatever reason... very easy something like that could happen.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
the way i see "junior contact" is moreso of someone who's a new "insider source" for darren, like a rookie contact, as opposed to someone who's been reliable with information for a while.

but still, the fact that dreger is dangling that little tidbit is interesting...

I’ve never seen that kind of stipulation on a rumor before, McKenzie doesn’t post stuff his stringers hear unless he gets his own confirmation.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I’ve never seen that kind of stipulation on a rumor before, McKenzie doesn’t post stuff his stringers hear.
that's why it's so weird -- dreger is a pretty reputable guy, he doesn't really dangle stuff. he's not mckenzie and friedman level in terms of reputation, but he's up there with the likes of rishaug and lebrun, i'd argue. these people rarely get things wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad