Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Okay thanks. How are Devils fans liking his progress?

I am a big fan of Davies and Reilly Walsh

Shero basically said last trade deadline that teams were asking for those guys in trades. I think at least one of them sticks with the big club within 2 years

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I am a big fan of Davies and Reilly Walsh

Shero basically said last trade deadline that teams were asking for those guys in trades. I think at least one of them sticks with the big club within 2 years
I feel like Walsh will be the guy that sticks in the next few years and Davies is a key piece in a trade. Not for a rental either.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Reminder that Josh Anderson didn't sign until October 3 last year, had similar production and minutes as Wood and didn't even get 2 per year. He also jumped from 12 to 18 minutes after signing.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Columbus Blue Jackets re-signed Josh Anderson to a $5.55 million, three-year deal after the forward missed training camp and the preseason because he didn't have a contract.
General manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced the contract Tuesday on the eve of the start of the regular season. Anderson, who was a restricted free agent, will count $1.85 million against the salary cap through 2019-20.
Anderson, 23, had 17 goals and 12 assists last year in his first full NHL season. Columbus traded its first-round pick and a 2019 second-rounder to the Vegas Golden Knights to keep from losing Anderson and others in the expansion draft.
Kekalainen called Anderson "a young player (who) is still growing and developing with his best years still to come." Anderson will make $1.6 million this season, $1.85 million in 2018-19 and $2.1 million in 2019-20.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Smith is going to get 9 games, the defense is going to be great, but Shero won't be able to resist sending him back and then the defense will be a disaster. :naughty:

Thrilled about this kid. The possible difficulty with fore-checkers that was mentioned is something he can correct at this level.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Smith is going to get 9 games, the defense is going to be great, but Shero won't be able to resist sending him back and then the defense will be a disaster. :naughty:

Thrilled about this kid. The possible difficulty with fore-checkers that was mentioned is something he can correct at this level.
i think he'll be a victim of a numbers game. unless we can shed dead weight and free up space in the roster, he just adds to the problem of too many D. he's the easiest to get rid of this season. we only shed LJ after this season.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, you're right. I would just rather watch him play than pretty much everyone else.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I enjoyed watching last nights Devils game vs Rags. With a split squad I think we did well in both games all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad