Player Discussion Devan Dubnyk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
my bud sent me a text a couple days ago that said the wild may have to expose dubnyk to expansion due to a rule that says you have to expose one goalie under contract for 17-18. anyone know if thats true?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
my bud sent me a text a couple days ago that said the wild may have to expose dubnyk to expansion due to a rule that says you have to expose one goalie under contract for 17-18. anyone know if thats true?

Russo has reported the team (Fletcher) thinks the Wild would be able to expose Michelek even though they have the ability to exempt him completely.

Russo checked with Bill Daly who indicated the Wild would have to expose Dubnyk as of today.

So conflicting reports, but I tend to not worry about it as there will be plenty of good goalies exposed, and Vegas is much more likely to want one of our D or exposed forwards(Staal/Zucker).

Goose312

May 15, 2015
If nothing changed contract-wise between now and then that would be true. But all they have to do is get Stalock extended for a season and he can be the exposed goalie.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Dubnyk's a good story and I'm glad he landed in Minnesota for his career turnaround.

Man, I remember right before we traded for him when we just had Backstrom and Kuemper splitting time in goal with no decent long-term options. Yikes.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Remember when people didn't like this contract? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

That's probably my favorite part of HFBoards. Re-reading old signing threads.

If I remember correctly, the one for Spurgeon's 3 x 2.6 million Bridge deal is especially hilarious, given that it was probably close to one the best non ELC value deals in the NHL over that period.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yep, and still paying Harding. Backstrom ALWAYS injured....Kuemper....who knew. Trading for Doobs is turning out to be Fletcher's finest moment.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
That's probably my favorite part of HFBoards. Re-reading old signing threads.

If I remember correctly, the one for Spurgeon's 3 x 2.6 million Bridge deal is especially hilarious, given that it was probably close to one the best non ELC value deals in the NHL over that period.

Please don't re-read the old Barker/Leddy thread. I don't think I show very well in that one.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Please don't re-read the old Barker/Leddy thread. I don't think I show very well in that one.

I bet the Brodin draft one is a good one to look at... Probably sounds like an owl in there....

"Who? .... who??? ... Who?...."

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Still of the same opinion. This is just the 2nd year of his 6 year contract but he is playing amazing this year. (And no I didn´t edit)

The length never bothered me with how it was structured. Even if he was bought out after year 4, the dead money penalties were very manageable.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I didn't like the term with Dub's contract, the pay was fine at the time. Same as I didn't like the 3rd year on Staal's contract.

After the goalie injuries the Wild had Harding, Backstrom, Kemps (Playoffs and every X-mas), term was a legitimate concern. It probably still is, goalies don't decline well.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Remember when people didn't like this contract? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I was one of them getting antsy last year, happy its working out.

I was mostly concerned that his performance after the trade was just a fluke and wouldn't be worth the cap hit period. I think that concern is pretty much eliminated now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I didn't like the way he played in the playoffs. We'll see, this year, but he has been terrific so far this year. Thing is, it looks sustainable. He isn't flailing around making acrobatic saves, just getting in the way of the puck, then inhaling it once he makes the initial stop. In other words, I don't see a lot of lucky saves. More a lot of good positioning.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Dubnyk is our elite gamebreaker, he gives us a chance to win every damn game. He can just shut out, for example, Caps. MVP, Suter is a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest