Player Discussion Devan Dubnyk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Michael Russo said:
He said jokingly that he’s been psycho-analyzing his game because “you guys keep telling me my stats†stink. He has a 2.81 goals-against average, .896 save percentage but most importantly a 4-1 record.

He laughed and said his buddy texted him and asked him to raise his frigin' save percentage already because he drafted Dubnyk in his fantasy league. “I texted him back, ‘I didn’t ask you to pick me in your league and write me again when you have a save percentage,’†Dubnyk said, laughing. “He’s in oil and gas. I don’t text him and evaluate his work.â€

Oh man, Dubnyk is a riot :laugh: Would love to have a beer with the guy.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So... Braden Holtby just received $6.1mil/yr as a RFA for 6 years. Fletch got Dubnyk at $4.33mil/yr as a UFA for 6 years.

Can we all reach a consensus that GMCF did a great job with the Dubnyk deal?

4.33 is a lot nicer for a goalie than 6.1 but Holtby is a superior player to Dubnyk. One of the top goalies in the league. Career sv% of .922 and even elevates his game in the playoffs. I'll be shocked if he doesn't win a Vezina over the life of that contract. Maybe even as soon as this year.

Just realized your post is from July, but even still, my point stands.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
CYDVKaLUMAAAM1G.jpg:large

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Should've had 2, potentially 3 all-stars. Koivu for sure, Parise you can make a case for even with the injury and Dubnyk. Eh, don't really care all the much right now, but it does add a little extra flair to their resumés when they've hung 'em up.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Should've had 2, potentially 3 all-stars. Koivu for sure, Parise you can make a case for even with the injury and Dubnyk. Eh, don't really care all the much right now, but it does add a little extra flair to their resumés when they've hung 'em up.

What about Suter? Elite defense and on pace for 58 points...

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Congrats to Dubs.

As far as the others being snubs... meh. This isn't any actual indication of their overall worth as a player since every team needs at least one player and some guys are going in based on fan voting which is in no way biased. Suter is, IMO, the most deserving Wild player that didn't get in (Koivu is a close second but he probably wouldn't be playing anyway because of his injury last night) but a lot of people will still have him in the conversation for the Norris even though he's not playing in the ASG.

Of course, it would have been at least a little funny for Suter to get chosen for the All-Star Game in Nashville and have the fans tearing themselves up inside deciding whether to boo him or cheer him as he plays with the Nashville players. :naughty:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
I don't think anyone on the wild is an allstar . even with doobs GA being much better in dec that has a lot to do with the team focusing on D. doobs has let in some weak goals lately. imo.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Yup. Didn't expect him to make it but I wouldn't argue against him playing at an all-star caliber level this year as well.

No arguments from me there. All-Star caliber for sure.

If it were a perfect world, I think I would change this:

Remove Toews for Wheeler
No need for Buff then, replace him with Suter
Craw replaces Dubnyk
Allen replaces Rinne.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Dubnyk been really hot for about 20 games. Imagine if he ends the last half of this season like he did the last half of last season.

Ozzysota

Dec 21, 2015
Dubnyk was really nervy against against the Flyers I thought.

Pretty damn good turn around. Love the Dub

MNhockey19

Jul 10, 2011
Minnesota
So Devan Dubnyk for 5 years makes me nervous... is he good enough to win the cup with? I don't think so. He makes some good saves but it seems like 20% of his goals against were from bad angles, because he didn't cover his 5 hole, or just plain flukes. Probably not the most critical problem for the wild but I think he needs to be better in the playoffs if we want to go anywhere.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yeah, the term part was worrisome from the beginning. Someone explained though, that it's not a big deal. Can be bought out quite easily or something, can't remember correctly. But I think the problems come when we're having far too many buy out candidates and cap penalties start to pile up.

He was great last year, saved our season. He wasn't good enough this year, but that wasn't the main problem. I'd like to see a more reliable and skilled starter... but the goalie situation has already been a mess many years. Because of various reasons. I guess we got someone now. For a long time too.

Would be ideal to find a good young dude for a backup. First learning, then challenging him, and at the end of his contract Duby would hopefully be our backup. Not a starter.

Easier said than done. We've had Kuemper, Harding, Khudobin, Gustafson, Hackett.. like I said, because of various reasons.

So yeah, I'm worried too.

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
So Devan Dubnyk for 5 years makes me nervous... is he good enough to win the cup with? I don't think so. He makes some good saves but it seems like 20% of his goals against were from bad angles, because he didn't cover his 5 hole, or just plain flukes. Probably not the most critical problem for the wild but I think he needs to be better in the playoffs if we want to go anywhere.

I feel your pain, I do. 6 years is too long to begin with. Anyhow, lets see how things go. It's not like we can do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad