Player Discussion Devan Dubnyk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
http://www.startribune.com/devan-dubnyk-s-family-savors-the-moment-of-nhl-all-star-trip/412026456/

Q I heard there was a lot of backyard wrestling?

Dave: We were pretty big nerds. We’d have big WWF productions with the curtains, belts and microphones and we’d hit each other with chairs.

Barb: I have some videos somewhere.

Dave: No, trust me, it’s been destroyed.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: When I read this I thought of that HIMYM clip of the gang making fun of Marshall because they thought he had a cream puff relationship with his brothers growing up.

theButton

Oooohh! Ahhhhhh!!
Feb 18, 2013
I would like to see a lot less Duby down the stretch. One, to rest him for when it really counts, but also to build confidence in Kuemper because at some point we're going to need him. Maybe I'm in the minority but I believe Kuemper can rediscover that magic and be a big contributor to this team.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
You are in the minority. Kuemper is done here. I think we could waive him and he'd clear easily.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I would like to see a lot less Duby down the stretch. One, to rest him for when it really counts, but also to build confidence in Kuemper because at some point we're going to need him. Maybe I'm in the minority but I believe Kuemper can rediscover that magic and be a big contributor to this team.

"Let's sit our goalie putting up elite vezina numbers to give an impending unimpressive Ufa a little confidence"

NO. Keumper won't be re-signed.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We're not only in the chase for the division, but also for the conference right now. While we definitely need a solid backup that we can rely on, this isn't the time to throw away points by giving Kemps many games hoping he can eventually get his confidence back. That is something you do in preseason or early in the year. It's too late now. Time to go after a new backup at the trade deadline.

Although it sounds like he's gonna start in Edmonton....McDavid will pounce him.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
We're not only in the chase for the division, but also for the conference right now. While we definitely need a solid backup that we can rely on, this isn't the time to throw away points by giving Kemps many games hoping he can eventually get his confidence back. That is something you do in preseason or early in the year. It's too late now. Time to go after a new backup at the trade deadline.

Although it sounds like he's gonna start in Edmonton....McDavid will pounce him.

With fans like these, who needs enemies! Haha.

afcyung

Apr 2, 2016
Reality is that 20 games in 35 days means we are going to see a lot of the backup. We can't ride doobs just to win the conference or division. Need to play the long game and that means we need to see a good portion of the remaining games played by the backup. That doesn't mean kemps because he isn't the answer here. We need to go find a backup. I think we can get one of Anders Nilsson or Robin Lehner both are do for a new contract at the end of this year and Buffalo is going to have to make a decision on who is the starter going forward after this season. Personally Nilsson is my choice because he is a UFA with a cap hit of 1 mil this year. Send Kemps+ to get him as a rental and see what we do. He can always be resigned by Buffalo in the off season if they want to make him the starter with a starter contract. This is basically a no risk move by buffalo if they send him to us and they can get a mid round pick (4-6) or a bottom 6 prospect (Lucia or maybe Gilmour).

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
"Let's sit our goalie putting up elite vezina numbers to give an impending unimpressive Ufa a little confidence"

NO. Keumper won't be re-signed.

Either Kuemper or Stalock will be re-signed because if not Dubnyk would be unprotected in the expansion draft.

keeneyedobserver

Mar 5, 2014
Nonsense....

Reality is that 20 games in 35 days means we are going to see a lot of the backup. We can't ride doobs just to win the conference or division. Need to play the long game and that means we need to see a good portion of the remaining games played by the backup. That doesn't mean kemps because he isn't the answer here. We need to go find a backup. I think we can get one of Anders Nilsson or Robin Lehner both are do for a new contract at the end of this year and Buffalo is going to have to make a decision on who is the starter going forward after this season. Personally Nilsson is my choice because he is a UFA with a cap hit of 1 mil this year. Send Kemps+ to get him as a rental and see what we do. He can always be resigned by Buffalo in the off season if they want to make him the starter with a starter contract. This is basically a no risk move by buffalo if they send him to us and they can get a mid round pick (4-6) or a bottom 6 prospect (Lucia or maybe Gilmour).

You spout. Kuemps will stay and play one on the back to backs. That is how it will be. Relax and enjoy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that Kuemper will be watched closely from now till the TDL to see how he performs. If badly, or inconsistently, then Fletcher will try to snag a legit backup at the TDL. We cannot have a Cup run sabotaged by bad goaltending, and our backup must be in goal for a few games down the home stretch to keep Doobs rested for the playoffs.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I can't tell if he's been off or it's more of his fault the number of goals he's let in in his last 5-8 games.

Last night a number of the goals were tipped so I don't know if I can blame him for those or not..

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah I'm not putting too much stock into last night. At least two of them I felt were lucky/not his fault.

A double bounce of Brodin's stick and leg, puck that caught Hanzal's stick and redirected, back door pass with Prosser caught in noman's land, blown coverage by White (who had probably less time than it takes to get a beer at the X to learn the Wild's system).

None of them were soft goals. It was just one of those games (for both goalies) that weird/fluky goals were happening. Dub's positioning was sound, and he wasn't caught deep in the crease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino