Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Talk 2018-19: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
With how well Gallant has performed in the ECHL playoffs do you expect he will get his ELC now?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Veleno was also one of the best in camp. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get a serious look to start the season in Detroit

My guess is the plan will be to start Veleno in GR. If he tears apart the AHL he will be up at some point in the fall, but they will want him to prove it at that level, unless he makes a Larkin esk case to skip that step entirely. Easier said than done right out of the blocks.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
My guess is the plan will be to start Veleno in GR. If he tears apart the AHL he will be up at some point in the fall, but they will want him to prove it at that level, unless he makes a Larkin esk case to skip that step entirely. Easier said than done right out of the blocks.

Easier said than done, but Veleno had the type of season that will have the team considering it. He had a camp where a lot of people thought he should've got 9 games this year, management will remember this. He than went on to be arguably the top player in the entire CHL. Thats the type of player that at least gets a very long look in camp and evaluated from there.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
The recent play of Brady Gilmour has really improved especially in the playoffs. He has been playing some of the best hockey in his career. Only Owen Tippett has more points on the team.
GP-11 G-3 A-12 P-15 +11 Gilmour had a goal and 2 assists as Saginaw beat Guelph 7-2 in the first game of the Western Conference Final. Gilmour recovering after being injured last season and is finally playing the way Detroit knew he was capable of.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
The recent play of Brady Gilmour has really improved especially in the playoffs. He has been playing some of the best hockey in his career. Only Owen Tippett has more points on the team.
GP-11 G-3 A-12 P-15 +11 Gilmour had a goal and 2 assists as Saginaw beat Guelph 7-2 in the first game of the Western Conference Final. Gilmour recovering after being injured last season and is finally playing the way Detroit knew he was capable of.

I agree, Gilmour has stepped up and is playing at another level. You don't read much about him or hear about with the Saginaw press and media people, but he deserves so much more. Media loves Perfetti, Tippett and McLeod, but hopefully Detroit has taken the time to come watch both him and Webb, they are playing great and as a Detroit / Saginaw fan, I hope they both get signed.

Webb to me should be signed asap, he is big strong responsible defenceman that Detroit needs. Not interested in points, just stay at home and does his job. I'd like to see him signed and develop next season in GR.

Gilmour also I'd alike to see signed, but now with Yzerman, it may not happen. I was fortunate enough to sit beside a few Leaf scouts that we all know, and I think they will pounce on Gilmour June 2nd.

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
Easier said than done, but Veleno had the type of season that will have the team considering it. He had a camp where a lot of people thought he should've got 9 games this year, management will remember this. He than went on to be arguably the top player in the entire CHL. Thats the type of player that at least gets a very long look in camp and evaluated from there.
Yzerman doesn’t usually leave people in the ahl. If he can play in the nhl, he will play

Christien

May 1, 2010
Quick Reminder Everyone...

Veleno vs. McIsaac... Game 1 Tonight in Drummondville at 7:30
Gonna definitely be flipping between that game and the Griffins. Hoping for strong games out of McIsaac and Veleno and MacLeod

Christien

May 1, 2010
Hronek showed a lot of grit tonight getting under the other team's skin, looked really impressive. Zadina with a few nice looks. Ehn and Smith played good games as well. I've really like Smith lately, doesn't look slow out there and plays hard on the puck

topdawg

Jan 17, 2016
Hronek showed a lot of grit tonight getting under the other team's skin, looked really impressive. Zadina with a few nice looks. Ehn and Smith played good games as well. I've really like Smith lately, doesn't look slow out there and plays hard on the puck
Agreed, I thought Hronek was our best player tonight. Smith is an absolute beast hanging on to the puck in the ozone, almost had the goal in the first, their goalie made a great save. I think Smith is got some offence to him. But just not impressed with zadina, he's a turnover machine and I just don't see him being a player, or he still needs a lot of development, no chance he sees NHL action next year.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Agreed, I thought Hronek was our best player tonight. Smith is an absolute beast hanging on to the puck in the ozone, almost had the goal in the first, their goalie made a great save. I think Smith is got some offence to him. But just not impressed with zadina, he's a turnover machine and I just don't see him being a player, or he still needs a lot of development, no chance he sees NHL action next year.
I personally think Zadina is gassed or running on fumes right now... AHL, WJC, Wings and now AHL Playoffs... I'm not worried about him whatsoever

Also, Givani is going to be one heck of a bottom six forward for the wings in the very near future.

Reactions: hkydave04

topdawg

Jan 17, 2016
I personally think Zadina is gassed or running on fumes right now... AHL, WJC, Wings and now AHL Playoffs... I'm not worried about him whatsoever

Also, Givani is going to be one heck of a bottom six forward for the wings in the very near future.
I haven't seen much of Givani but i got the ahl playoffs package thing and was super impressed with him, plays like bertuzzi but not as much offence but makes smart plays, doesn't give the puck away and heavy player. Only time I have been impressed with zadina is his first world juniors. I think Necas carried him a bit in that tourney but if we can get an elite playmaking centre (maybe/hopefully veleno) of draft dach that is good at finding players than i think zadina can be useful because he does know how to snipe but other than that i don't like much about his game.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

DUring the prospect tourney this year Draper I think it was said that the team is really high on Smith and that he wouldnt have been surprised to see him in a wings jersey this season. Obviously that didnt happen but the team likes him. I think hes a guy us fans will really like once the wing get back to the playoffs, even if hes just a fourth liner itll be nice to turn him loose on another teams defense for a 7 game series

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
McIsaac with 2 helpers in Game2. Veleno without a point.

Sidenote: Lavoie hattrick plus an assist. 16 goals in 13 games, 24 points overall.

Reactions: RabidBadger

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Brady Gilmour

Although not on the ELC signing radar, I still feel it's worth noting.
2019 Playoffs

GP 12, G 3, A, 13, PTS 16, PIM 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad