Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Talk 2018-19: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Brattström's team was relegated back to the Allsvenskan after one year in the SHL. Yesterday game 7 was the first game he played in the playout series, 33 of 35 saves in a 3-0 loss. Timrå favored the veteran Svedberg all season despite his poor results. Brattström is not signed yet for next season so we'll see where he ends up, but he needs to play.

Reactions: A Few Good Males

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I know Webb and Gilmour are not talked about much, but until June 1, they still are prospects. Here are there playoff numbers from Saginaw playoffs. BTW - And I do think Webb will be signed after playoffs.

Webb - 6 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 Pts, 8 PIM, +6
Gilmour - 6 GP, 1 G, 9 A, 10 Pts, 0 PIM, +7

Reactions: waltdetroit

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Goal, assist and 3rd star for Regula last night, 4-3 loss.

No points for Veleno or McIsaac. Halifax swept Moncton, Drummondville up 3-1 vs Sherbrooke. Veleno only has 2 points through the first 4 games of this series., had 9 in the first round (5 games).

Reactions: Lampedampe

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Tuesday Saginaw win Game 3 7-5 over Soo, Webb no points , Gilmour 1G and 1 A.

Playoff Total

Webb - 7 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 Pts, 10 PIM, +5
Gilmour - 7 GP, 2 G, 10 A, 12 Pts, 0 PIM, +8

Game 4 tonight

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Tuesday Saginaw win Game 3 7-5 over Soo, Webb no points , Gilmour 1G and 1 A.

Playoff Total

Webb - 7 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 Pts, 10 PIM, +5
Gilmour - 7 GP, 2 G, 10 A, 12 Pts, 0 PIM, +8

Game 4 tonight
Wow looks like Gilmour is stepping up in the PO's

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Wow looks like Gilmour is stepping up in the PO's

As I am a season ticket holder, I have watched Gilmour and Webb lots.

Gilmour is a warrior, he would do whatever it takes to win and has really stepped up his game this playoffs and shown what a leader he is. He is though fortunate to play with a good goal scorer (Tippett) who they have seemed to find chemistry as Gilmour is a huge playmaker.

Webb also has been solid on defence. His stat line may not show much, but he is a player that every team needs, and his toughness and size cannot go unnoticed.

As a fan of Saginaw and Detroit, I hope these two get a chance for something with GR or Toledo.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
As I am a season ticket holder, I have watched Gilmour and Webb lots.

Gilmour is a warrior, he would do whatever it takes to win and has really stepped up his game this playoffs and shown what a leader he is. He is though fortunate to play with a good goal scorer (Tippett) who they have seemed to find chemistry as Gilmour is a huge playmaker.

Webb also has been solid on defence. His stat line may not show much, but he is a player that every team needs, and his toughness and size cannot go unnoticed.

As a fan of Saginaw and Detroit, I hope these two get a chance for something with GR or Toledo.
That's always good to hear

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
For the next playoff round in the QMJHL , it will be Veleno (Drummondville) vs McIsaac (Halifax).

It will be an interesting one!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Hey Wings fans, looking for some insight on a few players who made their debut last season. Can you tell me a bit about what kind of players they are and what their future NHL outlook is? Thanks!

Christoffer Ehn
Taro Hirose
Ryan Kuffner
Libor Sulak
Jake Chelios
Filip Hronek

Christien

May 1, 2010
Hey Wings fans, looking for some insight on a few players who made their debut last season. Can you tell me a bit about what kind of players they are and what their future NHL outlook is? Thanks!

Christoffer Ehn - Came out of nowhere at the beginning of the season. Great skater with good size. Plays a responsible game and projects to be a shutdown guy for us in the future.
Taro Hirose - Looked extremely impressive in the short time he played this season in Detroit. Great vision and playmaking. Smart player. Could be a top 6er next season.
Ryan Kuffner - Haven't had the chance to see his upside yet this season, but has a good shot. Potential top 9 player.
Libor Sulak - Great athletic ability with really good skating. Can move the puck up the ice really well. Could be a 3rd pairing guy someday.
Jake Chelios- AHL caliber defensive dman
Filip Hronek-High upside, offensive dman. Could be a first pairing guy, but more likely to be a 2nd pairing type defender.
Hope that helps ya out

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015

Christoffer Ehn
Taro Hirose
Ryan Kuffner
Libor Sulak
Jake Chelios
Filip Hronek

Ehn - Great skater, active stick and good defensive awareness. Doesn't really have much offensive upside, bottom-six shutdown guy most likely.
Hirose - Too early to tell, but from what we've seen thus far he probably has enough upside to become a solid top-6 guy. If i would take a guess i'd say he'll probably be a top-9 guy that will be able to provide offense with limited minutes on the 3rd line. He's alredy showed that he's a great playmaker, which will likely be his bread and butter.
Sulak - Great tools but that's about it. If he's able to put it all together he might end up as a solid 3rd pairing guy, but he really has to improve his defensive game to be an effective NHL'er imo.
Kuffner - AHLer imo
Jake Chelios - AHLer imo
Hronek - He's got some great upside, he's got a good first pass, good shot, good skating and good vision. Nothing about his game is elite but i can't see any area where he's really lacking either, he's got suprisingly solid defense for a rookie aswell and he plays fairly physical for a guy of his size. Personally i think he'll pan out as a 2/3# guy regularly putting up 40 point seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionnaire11

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Regula and London have been upset in Game 7 6-3... They were up 3-0 in the Series... Their season is over

Finished with 2 Goals 4 Assists 6 Points in 11 Playoff Games

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Curious, where do you see Zadina playing next season? AHL for more seasoning or up on the top 6 for the big club?

I think he'll be given every chance to make the Wings next season. I could actually see Rasmussen and him swapping places next year with Zadina in the top 9 and Rasmussen down in the AHL for some seasoning. As of now we only have Mantha, Larkin, AA, Bertuzzi, Hirose, Nielsen, and Svech as players that I would consider to be "locks" in the top 9 next season. I think there's a non-zero chance we could see him on the 2nd line if he has a good training camp next Fall.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Curious, where do you see Zadina playing next season? AHL for more seasoning or up on the top 6 for the big club?
It'll depend a lot on this summer, he's on the brink of NHL ready IMO. If he has a big summer- mostly gets stronger and faster then he'll be with the Wings. If not he'll play the first half of the year with Grand Rapids before coming up

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
It'll depend a lot on this summer, he's on the brink of NHL ready IMO. If he has a big summer- mostly gets stronger and faster then he'll be with the Wings. If not he'll play the first half of the year with Grand Rapids before coming up

I wouldn't be surprised to see him start in the AHL either way. Right or wrong its a classic Holland move.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'd like to see Rasmussen - Veleno - Zadina ALL starting together in AHL.

Build a future chemistry together. Griffins 1st line, 20 minutes a night.

Just loved that trio together on Traverse City and pre-season.

Mantha - Larkin - 4-year deal UFA/Nyquist
Bertuzzi - AA - Helm
Hirose - Nielsen - Svechnikov
Abdelkader - Glendening - Ehn
/DelaRose
(Ehn/DelaRose)
14th forward

And if this team somehow manages to get to the playoffs, then promote than kid line up.

Or, if we suck, let's suck, draft high and promote that kid line up season after. Lot's of dead weight away from roster then.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilidk

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I'd like to see Rasmussen - Veleno - Zadina ALL starting together in AHL.

Build a future chemistry together. Griffins 1st line, 20 minutes a night.

Just loved that trio together on Traverse City and pre-season.

Mantha - Larkin - 4-year deal UFA/Nyquist
Bertuzzi - AA - Helm
Hirose - Nielsen - Svechnikov
Abdelkader - Glendening - Ehn
/DelaRose
(Ehn/DelaRose)
14th forward

And if this team somehow manages to get to the playoffs, then promote than kid line up.

Or, if we suck, let's suck, draft high and promote that kid line up season after. Lot's of dead weight away from roster then.

Svechnikov will start in GR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad