Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Talk 2018-19: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Halifax down 2-0 now. Would be hilarious if they were to get beat out first round but go on to win the Memorial cup

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Halifax down 2-0 now. Would be hilarious if they were to get beat out first round but go on to win the Memorial cup

I don't think it was first round, but if I remember right when Shawinigan won they bowed out early and seemed a heck of a lot fresher when they hosted earlier in the decade. Halifax will still be stacked and just have a month and change of healthy practices. I still think they have a decent chance to come back given the talent disparity. In my opinion that is the biggest difference between the Q and WHL and OHL, it is the quality of teams and parity. While yes they all load up from time to time, the difference between the top 5 teams in the Q and the rest is larger in my opinion.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Larsson will be starting off the playoffs on Friday. They will be in the bracket of doom, facing off against Ohio State, who beat them last year en route to the Frozen Four. #1 overall seed St. Cloud State is also in that bracket. Verily, the toughest route to the finals this year.

Quinnipiac will be facing off with Arizona St. (Yes, they have hockey there!). It's pretty unlikely Petruzilla will see any action in the playoffs though; barring a meltdown from Shortridge.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yep. And you can't go to GR as long as the season is going on for the player's junior team.

Also, as a 2018 draftee, McIsaac can't go to AHL anyways, before end of the 2019-20 junior season.

If their team gets eliminated a junior player can sign an ATO and play with Grand Rapids in the playoffs, just go back to junior the following season.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Larsson will be starting off the playoffs on Friday. They will be in the bracket of doom, facing off against Ohio State, who beat them last year en route to the Frozen Four. #1 overall seed St. Cloud State is also in that bracket. Verily, the toughest route to the finals this year.

Quinnipiac will be facing off with Arizona St. (Yes, they have hockey there!). It's pretty unlikely Petruzilla will see any action in the playoffs though; barring a meltdown from Shortridge.

That’s what makes me mad. Petruzelli was playing great in the early going then they started play Shortridge more(yes he has been playing elite but he’s also 23/24 years old)

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
That’s what makes me mad. Petruzelli was playing great in the early going then they started play Shortridge more(yes he has been playing elite but he’s also 23/24 years old)

What? Their goal is to win hockey games. Shortridge has been amazing and should without a doubt play over Petruzzelli

Reactions: Konnan511

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Yep. And you can't go to GR as long as the season is going on for the player's junior team.

Also, as a 2018 draftee, McIsaac can't go to AHL anyways, before end of the 2019-20 junior season.
He could though. Just like Lashoff and so many other players who have played in the AHL after the junior team was eliminated but should Halifax get eliminated their season isn't over because they are scheduled to host the Memorial Cup.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
What? Their goal is to win hockey games. Shortridge has been amazing and should without a doubt play over Petruzzelli

Did you read what I wrote or are you just blabbering?

You realize Petruzelli started most of the games during the beginning of the season then had 1/2 bad games and shortridge started to played. You don’t watch a lot of CHL and NCAA I can see.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Then every time Petruzzelli would get 1 start in between, what seemed like, 7 games, he played bad because he had no momentum from previous games.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Couple updates so far tonight:

Regula had an assist in a 6-3 Win for London, Adam Boqvist had 4 Goals... London now up 3-0 in the series.

McIssac had an assist as well in a 3-1 Win for Halifax... They are now only down 2-1 in their series

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Then every time Petruzzelli would get 1 start in between, what seemed like, 7 games, he played bad because he had no momentum from previous games.

I'm not sure what your gripe is. If you can make a case as to why Petru should start over Shortridge, I'll listen. I don't think many people could make that case. As things stand, this should be a good lesson for him to see what it takes to earn a starting job as a goalie and to be in a win or go home situation.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad