Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Talk 2018-19: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Larsson pitches a shutout in his first playoff game. Ohio State faltered down the stretch but they were still a good, deep team. He will, barring the biggest upset in college hockey history, (next to Holy Cross beating Minnesota, which still makes me smirk) be facing the top seed, St. Cloud State.

Edit: American International has pulled off said upset of the #1 seed. I'm penciling Denver into the Frozen Four. Denver is only going as far as Larsson takes them.

Last edited:

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Veleno with a goal and two assists tonight as Drummondville finishes off Gatineau 6-1.

Reactions: hkydave04

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Setkov scored for Malmö yesterday in their playoff series vs Frölunda. Lindström hasn't dressed in the playoffs yet due to injury.

Goal and assist for O'Reilly in a 3-1 win last night.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Setkov scored for Malmö yesterday in their playoff series vs Frölunda. Lindström hasn't dressed in the playoffs yet due to injury.

Goal and assist for O'Reilly in a 3-1 win last night.

Setkov and Lindstrom could make an awesome shut down pair in the future.

Reactions: wingerdinger

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Jared McIsaac was thrown out of the game tonight after a hit to the head. He might face a suspension. His Halifax Mooseheads are down 3 to 2 in their 1st round series.

Reactions: hkydave04

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Jared McIsaac was thrown out of the game tonight after a hit to the head. He might face a suspension. His Halifax Mooseheads are down 3 to 2 in their 1st round series.

just out of curiosity if he were to get suspended for more than one game and his team lost would the suspension carry over to the memorial cup or is that separate?

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
From that video, at the point of contact, the action is hidden behind the corner of the glass. It is a glancing blow because the player spins toward center ice, so he may have extended his elbow in the process. He has thrown several Kronwall type hits in the past.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
1 game suspension for McIsaac. He's lucky because it should have been more considering others in the league have done the same and got more.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
1 game suspension for McIsaac. He's lucky because it should have been more considering others in the league have done the same and got more.
Is there a better video of the hit?

You can't tell a heck of a lot from the above clip. You can't see point of contact or whether he left the ice. Tough to make judgement on what is posted.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Is there a better video of the hit?

You can't tell a heck of a lot from the above clip. You can't see point of contact or whether he left the ice. Tough to make judgement on what is posted.

No other video online but the league usually has multiple angles to make the decision. I was at the game and on the other side of the rink we clearly saw McIsaac's elbow in the other player's face. His skates also left the ice.

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

If we do re-sign Kronner he will need to go over the finer points of this hit.

Not good and probably a bad idea given how important he is and how the series is unfolding. Hopefully the survive so he can make a difference in Game 7. While that video isn't all the angles, given what we can see I am not surprised about the suspension, I would really like the other side though as it does look like he tried jumping sideways at the last second.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Sharks have signed Andrew Shortridge from Quinnipiac. Petruzzelli should be able to take the reigns in goal the whole season next year.

Problem here for me is if he has a good year you want to turn him pro after his junior year, but ideally Larsson is turning pro. Perhaps we can talk him into leaving this year after the frozen four but that doesn't seem to be the plan. So we would be making a decision on both goalies in the same off-season and that is bad news for Petru in my opinion. I guess we will see, having both have good years next year would be a good problem to have at least he would have some merit as a trade asset if he does gain the #1 and have a strong year.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Problem here for me is if he has a good year you want to turn him pro after his junior year, but ideally Larsson is turning pro. Perhaps we can talk him into leaving this year after the frozen four but that doesn't seem to be the plan. So we would be making a decision on both goalies in the same off-season and that is bad news for Petru in my opinion. I guess we will see, having both have good years next year would be a good problem to have at least he would have some merit as a trade asset if he does gain the #1 and have a strong year.
Maybe we don't draft goalie this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad