Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I dig it, but I've only played about five hours. I haven't tried Gambit yet, but it sounds interesting, at least. I got one of the new titan supers, but i find it pretty meh so I'm back to fist of havoc. Oh, bows are great. I haven't hit the Dreaming City yet, but it sounds like the dreadnought but on steroids in regards to secrets.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
There's stuff they haven't rolled out yet (the raid being the biggest thing, I guess) but generally I think this is the best Destiny has been so far. Up there with TTK, at least.

All it took was them fixing all the things I said were bad ideas like 13 months ago.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea I haven't done everything, but this is definitely the best D2 has been, and probably D1. TTK is close. I skipped the first 2 DLCs just like I did with D1.

Gambit is really fun, but try and play with at least one other person, and the Sleeping Simulant kind of ruins how good the gamemode could be.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Gambit is really fun, but try and play with at least one other person, and the Sleeping Simulant kind of ruins how good the gamemode could be.

Especially when your trying to get those handcannon kills and your trying to peak shoot an invader and they all run Sleeper. But otherwise a great game mode.

Crucible is the most fun Destiny may have ever been. Running pulse and shotgun again feels great.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any chance that Bungie plans on dropping the first two DLC's price any time soon since Forsaken has been released? They had an awesome deal in the past where it was Destiny 2 and the first two DLC's for 20.00 bucks, but I already own the game so it wasn't worth investing for me since the original price for the DLC's is already 20 dollars.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I ended the week at 533 on my third character.

The grind is real. Sleep is for the weak.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The latest and greatest listing of trigger heroic events from public events.

Got my first new exotic... Cerberus+1. Guess I'll mess around with it later.

Now find the armor that gives your auto rifle no recoil. Those two together own.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
The addition of random rolls has brought a breath of fresh air for sure. I was getting kind of bummed because I wasn't getting anything from year 2 that was worth using over Midnight Coup / EP shotgun. Then I got a Trust with rampage, dragonfly and drop mag. It's like the Fatebringer and Old Fashioned had a solar baby.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
The addition of random rolls has brought a breath of fresh air for sure. I was getting kind of bummed because I wasn't getting anything from year 2 that was worth using over Midnight Coup / EP shotgun. Then I got a Trust with rampage, dragonfly and drop mag. It's like the Fatebringer and Old Fashioned had a solar baby.

Still waiting on The Trust, i got the Gambit pulse, Bygones with Kill Clip and Outlaw. It is so good. EP shotgun is going to be tough to top for PVE.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

The random weapon perks are awesome. I’m running with two auto rifles with the no recoil perk and two pieces of armor that have extra rockets. I’m rolling with 7 rockets for my Raid rocket launcher. Absolutely love this update.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Put some PvP games in with a bow that has snapshot + archer's tempo, seems decent. Tempo increases draw speed after crits so if you get a head shot you can wing a second arrow at somebody pretty quickly, and all you need is a low-charge body shot to finish them.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
After buying this on PC and playing the last 2 weeks on it, it's night and day from the PS4 version. Such a better overall experience, there's no going back.

Also just got to the dreaming city, and it's probably the best area in destiny and I haven't even done much on it yet.

Last edited:

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
The bow is sweet. also got Lord Of Wolves, it shreds but won't replace my EP shotty in that slot when it's time to get up close and personal.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Worlds first completion of Last Wish took 18 hours 45 minutes. Clan Redeem took it unsurprisingly.

What a raid. Bungie wasn't messing around.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If Bungie nerfs my baby, the Sleeper Simulant, Im going to be very very upset...

Hi I’m Dolemite and I’m addicted to Gambit, The Well, and Escalation Protocol.

Does EP actually drop higher level gear with random rolls? Or still fixed rolls at the old light levels?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
If Bungie nerfs my baby, the Sleeper Simulant, Im going to be very very upset...

Does EP actually drop higher level gear with random rolls? Or still fixed rolls at the old light levels?

People in the FB Destiny 2 groups are pissed that Bungie is even considering nerfing the Sleeper.

EP drops the most deadly and most sought after shotgun in the game plus some really killer shaders.

After buying this on PC and playing the last 2 weeks on it, it's night and day from the PS4 version. Such a better overall experience, there's no going back.

Also just got to the dreaming city, and it's probably the best area in destiny and I haven't even done much on it yet.

PS4 has all the exclusive stuff.

The Dreaming city is f***ing amazing. One of the lost sectors is in the middle of the main mountain that can be only accessed by traversing rocks and cant even be spotted if you walked by it on the main path. THEN once you get in you get an amazingly beautiful open space with tough bosses.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
People in the FB Destiny 2 groups are pissed that Bungie is even considering nerfing the Sleeper.

EP drops the most deadly and most sought after shotgun in the game plus some really killer shaders.

I know, I have the shotgun, all the armor and about 60 of the orange/carbonfibre shader, lol. I got them when Warmind was hot. I'm just wondering if they've updated the drops with random rolls or boosted the light levels of the drops.

Ie, I'm light level 518 right now, if I play EP and get the armor or a weapon, will it drop at my light level, or are they still stuck at Warmind light levels?

For that matter, have they boosted the light level of the event itself? Or could a group of 3 500+ level players just roll through it now?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was looking at some of the Destiny stuff on the Xbox store and cannot believe how much Activision and Bungie have not learned absolutely anything. Again I haven't bought any of the DLC yet because I didn't really have time to play, but I might to get it now.

So....for the people who preordered Destiny 2 and the multiple editions as my friend did (who spent 100 bucks on the highest) were able to get the first two DLC's which in reality aren't really worth the extra 30 dollars you get on the special edition. However, you cannot buy the Forsaken DLC by itself without spending another 60 dollars on the legendary edition which comes with the full game....ehhhhhhh, no. Bungie and Activision pretty much decided to **** the customers who actually bough the special edition and the game when it came out at full price. What type of customer service is that? PS4 didn't get any extra content, they just got the freedom to actually buy the DLCs at their own volition.

That's as horse**** as these companies can be and get.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I know, I have the shotgun, all the armor and about 60 of the orange/carbonfibre shader, lol. I got them when Warmind was hot. I'm just wondering if they've updated the drops with random rolls or boosted the light levels of the drops.

Ie, I'm light level 518 right now, if I play EP and get the armor or a weapon, will it drop at my light level, or are they still stuck at Warmind light levels?

For that matter, have they boosted the light level of the event itself? Or could a group of 3 500+ level players just roll through it now?

Let me check. I did an EP run last week and got armor but I'm not sure at what level it was dropped.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I was looking at some of the Destiny stuff on the Xbox store and cannot believe how much Activision and Bungie have not learned absolutely anything. Again I haven't bought any of the DLC yet because I didn't really have time to play, but I might to get it now.

So....for the people who preordered Destiny 2 and the multiple editions as my friend did (who spent 100 bucks on the highest) were able to get the first two DLC's which in reality aren't really worth the extra 30 dollars you get on the special edition. However, you cannot buy the Forsaken DLC by itself without spending another 60 dollars on the legendary edition which comes with the full game....ehhhhhhh, no. Bungie and Activision pretty much decided to **** the customers who actually bough the special edition and the game when it came out at full price. What type of customer service is that? PS4 didn't get any extra content, they just got the freedom to actually buy the DLCs at their own volition.

That's as horse**** as these companies can be and get.

Yes they are. The story mode of Curse of Osiris and Warmind were meh. The after story mode activities were AWESOME. Brother Vance's weapons quest and the quest to get the sleeper simulant as well as Escalation Protocol are awesome. The Strikes from both these DLCs never get old.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad