Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
It wasn’t that bad. They were looking in the wrong place.

I'm not sure what you mean by looking in the wrong place. It is either the drill or the blight event that spawns there. It didn't matter to me but for most of the day yesterday the Cabal event spawned.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I'm not sure what you mean by looking in the wrong place. It is either the drill or the blight event that spawns there. It didn't matter to me but for most of the day yesterday the Cabal event spawned.

It was actually at the end (third stop) of blight events in that area and not at the start like it used to be.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I looked at the grind necessary to get the 400 gear, and was like ....nah.

I'll just wait til Forsaken to get there.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Can we get a title change?

I'd like to never think of Curse of Osiris ever again.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Can we get a title change?

I'd like to never think of Curse of Osiris ever again.

It really was a waste. The infinite forest is the best-looking area in the game by a long shot, but there's not enough of it and not enough to do.

At least we got a pretty good side-arm, fast-firing pulse and energy AR out of Vance, along with a GREAT shotgun.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
It really was a waste. The infinite forest is the best-looking area in the game by a long shot, but there's not enough of it and not enough to do.

At least we got a pretty good side-arm, fast-firing pulse and energy AR out of Vance, along with a GREAT shotgun.

Just imagine if they put an Escalation Protocol in the infinite forest.

The possibilities are endless and they did absolutely nothing with it. You skip it every time you go in there.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Same. I'm only at 65 triumph points so my goal is to get the other sixty and get the ghost shell.

It’s quicker if you have an active clan.

The Brother Vance weapons quests are worth it. I use a few of them in my everyday playing.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Same. I'm only at 65 triumph points so my goal is to get the other sixty and get the ghost shell.

The Brother Vance weapons quests are worth it. I use a few of them in my everyday playing.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Yep.

Like I said earlier, I'm a big fan of the side-arm, the fast-firing energy pulse, and the energy AR. Not a huge fan of the Scout or kinetic pulse, both fire too slow for my tastes... though I do love the look of them, and wish they were better.

Oh, and the Saint shotty, which IMO was the best PvE shotty in the game until the EP Shotty came around.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Yep.

Like I said earlier, I'm a big fan of the side-arm, the fast-firing energy pulse, and the energy AR. Not a huge fan of the Scout or kinetic pulse, both fire too slow for my tastes... though I do love the look of them, and wish they were better.

Oh, and the Saint shotty, which IMO was the best PvE shotty in the game until the EP Shotty came around.

If you want a good scout rifle get the ones from Strikes or from Raids. They’re the two best in the game.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
If you want a good scout rifle get the ones from Strikes or from Raids. They’re the two best in the game.

Oh, I have several scouts I really like. Raid scout isn't one of my favorites though.

I use Purpose (Purpose - Items - Destiny 2 DB) and Nameless Midnight (Nameless Midnight - Items - Destiny 2 DB) for kinetic counts. And obviously MIDA, back in the days before they nerfed it.

For energy scouts I use Manannan (Manannan SR4 - Items - Destiny 2 DB) and The Pleiades Corrector (Pleiades Corrector - Items - Destiny 2 DB).

All masterworked for handling.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Oh, I have several scouts I really like. Raid scout isn't one of my favorites though.

I use Purpose (Purpose - Items - Destiny 2 DB) and Nameless Midnight (Nameless Midnight - Items - Destiny 2 DB) for kinetic counts. And obviously MIDA, back in the days before they nerfed it.

For energy scouts I use Manannan (Manannan SR4 - Items - Destiny 2 DB) and The Pleiades Corrector (Pleiades Corrector - Items - Destiny 2 DB).

Check out the Tone Patrol. High cal rounds, dragonfly. Plus I like the scopes on Suros weapons. Or the metronome if you like full auto scouts. My two go-to scouts are Tone Patrol and Manannan

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I had fun with Vacuna, the new warmind scout. also has dragonfly.

It's worth playing the redux missions, but not grinding out another 15 power with the expansion a few weeks away.

myself, I decided to go after the Perfect Paradox and EP weapons this month instead

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Nameless midnight is one of my go to
Scout weapons. Such an awesome weapon.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
got all classes to legendary for the SoH gear but gonna bank on 25 masterwork cores from my warlock for when forsaken comes out, since its more expensive to upgrade

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
got all classes to legendary for the SoH gear but gonna bank on 25 masterwork cores from my warlock for when forsaken comes out, since its more expensive to upgrade
How long did it take you to do that? I've been debating grinding it all out, but I'm either doing nothing until Forsaken, or going all in and grinding them all out. Sucks that the EP gear I grinded for is now useless (all gear, all classes, all weapons). But once Forsaken drops I guess it will be useless then as well. Just not sure the grind from 385 -> 405 is worth it right now.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
How long did it take you to do that? I've been debating grinding it all out, but I'm either doing nothing until Forsaken, or going all in and grinding them all out. Sucks that the EP gear I grinded for is now useless (all gear, all classes, all weapons). But once Forsaken drops I guess it will be useless then as well. Just not sure the grind from 385 -> 405 is worth it right now.

Get a fireteam for the redux missions.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I got the SoH armour on my one character (never made anything besides a hunter but watching tripleWRECK titan skate makes me want one) and basically did it all solo. It's a long boring grind, if you can get a couple people for the missions it will be a breeze. Still never done a raid or anything yet.

This time I'm not just pre-ordering the DLC. I'll actually wait and hear the reviews on if it's fixed/better.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I got the SoH armour on my one character (never made anything besides a hunter but watching tripleWRECK titan skate makes me want one) and basically did it all solo. It's a long boring grind, if you can get a couple people for the missions it will be a breeze. Still never done a raid or anything yet.

This time I'm not just pre-ordering the DLC. I'll actually wait and hear the reviews on if it's fixed/better.

Big update is tomorrow that has the weapon changes, time to kill changes, etc..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->