Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
FYI - One of the hidden triumphs for the season is flawless battlegrounds runs. Got this done in my first seven runs.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Rolled a Messenger with Chamber Compensator, Appended Mag, Outlaw, Desperado, and a range Masterwork.

Not the god-roll but....

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Didn't get any with Desperado but did get a couple with Small Bore Zen Moment and Kill Clip. It's a really nice gun in Crucible I must say.

Had 4 Flawless cards get to a 6th win but couldn't get the Flawless game on them. Kind of frustrating. I've got like a 1.8 kd in Trials and still haven't managed a flawlesa run, matching up against teams with guys below 1.0 kd and they have multiple flawless runs.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Didn't get any with Desperado but did get a couple with Small Bore Zen Moment and Kill Clip. It's a really nice gun in Crucible I must say.

Had 4 Flawless cards get to a 6th win but couldn't get the Flawless game on them. Kind of frustrating. I've got like a 1.8 kd in Trials and still haven't managed a flawlesa run, matching up against teams with guys below 1.0 kd and they have multiple flawless runs.

Are you using LFG services (either on the Bungie app or third party)?

Cause if you LFG saying you have a 1.8KD and you're looking for two that have gone flawless before with a 1.5+ KD or something, your inbox will be flooded with invites.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Are you using LFG services (either on the Bungie app or third party)?

Cause if you LFG saying you have a 1.8KD and you're looking for two that have gone flawless before with a 1.5+ KD or something, your inbox will be flooded with invites.

Nah, I've actually never used the LFG for Trials. I've got a few buddies I play with. Part of the problem is probably that one of them is really bad at PVP. Like he has a 0.4 Trials KD so between me and my other buddy when we are with him we're essentially trying to do a carry. To be fair I only started playing Trials again late last season as well.

I'm expecting a flawless run today. Two of us were pretty underleveled last week, like 1280 matching up against 1300s but I'm 1301 this time around. Especially if that new HC is the Flawless reward I won't get off until I get Flawless.

On another note. The Exotic quest for Dead Mans Tale is probably the best quest I have ever done in Destiny. I got goosebumps playing through that. Manged to not spoil any of it before going in and it made it so much better.

Very interested in seeing what the Heroic/Master version of the quest will look like and how different it will be.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Nah, I've actually never used the LFG for Trials. I've got a few buddies I play with. Part of the problem is probably that one of them is really bad at PVP. Like he has a 0.4 Trials KD so between me and my other buddy when we are with him we're essentially trying to do a carry. To be fair I only started playing Trials again late last season as well.

I'm expecting a flawless run today. Two of us were pretty underleveled last week, like 1280 matching up against 1300s but I'm 1301 this time around. Especially if that new HC is the Flawless reward I won't get off until I get Flawless.

On another note. The Exotic quest for Dead Mans Tale is probably the best quest I have ever done in Destiny. I got goosebumps playing through that. Manged to not spoil any of it before going in and it made it so much better.

Very interested in seeing what the Heroic/Master version of the quest will look like and how different it will be.

Still havent done it. Been spending all my D2 time this week farming Pallendrom

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Igneous Hammer (120 hc) is the flawless reward this week. Looks like Im farming trials this Sunday

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Got to the 6th win on flawless run again... Teammate lags out before the 7th game even starts.

We even managed to take 3 games from the other team in a 3v2 but lost 5-3. So disappointing.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
That might have been the sweatiest day of Trials I've played in D2. Kept running into the same teams across my 3 characters, seems like everybody was out trying to get the handcannon.

I got insanely lucky this time around:

Sadly, no enhanced icarus. I'll throw it on for when I'm using my hunter and bouncing around with stompies, but for my Titan main I like the extra stability on my shots.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That might have been the sweatiest day of Trials I've played in D2. Kept running into the same teams across my 3 characters, seems like everybody was out trying to get the handcannon.

I got insanely lucky this time around:

Sadly, no enhanced icarus. I'll throw it on for when I'm using my hunter and bouncing around with stompies, but for my Titan main I like the extra stability on my shots.

Damn that's a sick roll.

I finally broke down and dove into the LFG pool for Trials this weekend as none of my buddies that I'd normally play with could play this weekend. Found an ok team, honestly didn't think we'd get Trials cause none of them seemed overly good, both guys were like 1.2 KDs and only a small handful of flawless runs themselves while I myself hadn't ever been flawless before.

Had a couple bad games early on but surprisingly found our rhythm on our 3rd card and banged out 7 straight wins without even needing the mercy to get flawless. Our hardest game was probably our 4th win. Had b2b 5-0 stomping in game 6 and 7 so no pressure at all.

Igneous is a nasty, nasty gun though. I didn't even get a great roll(Poly Rifling + Flared Magwell + Outlaw + Moving Target and a Reloading Masterwork)... But you can just feel the boosted stats on this gun compared to other 120s. Something about the way it shoots and the recoil bounce that just feels that much cleaner as well.

My problem now is I dont have a good Astral Horizon. Didn't get a single Quickdraw roll on one last season and I am especially kicking myself for not farming more last season for Astral's because they removed Quickdraw from the perk pool this year. So I am really struggling to find a decent Shotty to pair with any of these new Energy HCs this season. I went looking through my Vault yesterday during some IB play and found a Toil and Trouble with Snapshot Sights and Slideshot though which isn't Quick Draw but plays decently well and has actually surprised me with some of the consistency it has at certain ranges. Certainly never going to replace Felwinters ability but I was running through teams in IB with it last night by the end.

Anyway... Talk about a huge bomb dropping today. Destiny 2021 Update: The Road to The Witch Queen > News | Bungie.net

There's so much incredible information in this. From Trials revamping, to Stasis nerfing, to Light class buffing, Iron Banner changes, a new expansion beyond lightfall announced, VoG, Crossplay, Sunsetting removal, Master Raid and Dungeons coming, Transmoging....

Incredibly exciting stuff. The day after Anthem basically shut down completely was absolute perfect timing from Bungie on this release and they have the potential to completely revitalize the player base with new and existing players here now if they can hold true to the plans they have going forward.

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Damn that's a sick roll.

I finally broke down and dove into the LFG pool for Trials this weekend as none of my buddies that I'd normally play with could play this weekend. Found an ok team, honestly didn't think we'd get Trials cause none of them seemed overly good, both guys were like 1.2 KDs and only a small handful of flawless runs themselves while I myself hadn't ever been flawless before.

Had a couple bad games early on but surprisingly found our rhythm on our 3rd card and banged out 7 straight wins without even needing the mercy to get flawless. Our hardest game was probably our 4th win. Had b2b 5-0 stomping in game 6 and 7 so no pressure at all.

Igneous is a nasty, nasty gun though. I didn't even get a great roll(Poly Rifling + Flared Magwell + Outlaw + Moving Target and a Reloading Masterwork)... But you can just feel the boosted stats on this gun compared to other 120s. Something about the way it shoots and the recoil bounce that just feels that much cleaner as well.

My problem now is I dont have a good Astral Horizon. Didn't get a single Quickdraw roll on one last season and I am especially kicking myself for not farming more last season for Astral's because they removed Quickdraw from the perk pool this year. So I am really struggling to find a decent Shotty to pair with any of these new Energy HCs this season. I went looking through my Vault yesterday during some IB play and found a Toil and Trouble with Snapshot Sights and Slideshot though which isn't Quick Draw but plays decently well and has actually surprised me with some of the consistency it has at certain ranges. Certainly never going to replace Felwinters ability but I was running through teams in IB with it last night by the end..

How are you with slug shotguns? I pair my Igneous with the Chaperone to great effect.

I have an Astral with QD and Opening Shot, but sadly, the barrel and ammo perks don't provide any range, so I still get the worst of any 1v1s against Felwinters. I find Chaperone is the better bet, as I actually maintain the range advantage as long as I can pick the head.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
How are you with slug shotguns? I pair my Igneous with the Chaperone to great effect.

I have an Astral with QD and Opening Shot, but sadly, the barrel and ammo perks don't provide any range, so I still get the worst of any 1v1s against Felwinters. I find Chaperone is the better bet, as I actually maintain the range advantage as long as I can pick the head.

Ya, I'm starting to use slugs more. I got a pretty nasty Blasphemer from Altar of Sorrows this weekend, Quickdraw + Opening Shot and Assault Mag, but missed the Rifled Barrel or Full Choke for full God roll.

I'm really starting to like this Toil and Trouble though I must say. It's got more consistency than I originally thought and although Snapshot sights isn't Quickdraw, it's still pretty solid.

As much as I do enjoy my Igneous Hammer, I have a Bottom Dollar roll with Rapid Hit + Eye of the Storm that I can't stop using. It's got almost max range and the 2 perks work in synergy so well together, feels like I'm getting a major stability boost every fight.

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Ya, I'm starting to use slugs more. I got a pretty nasty Blasphemer from Altar of Sorrows this weekend, Quickdraw + Opening Shot and Assault Mag, but missed the Rifled Barrel or Full Choke for full God roll.

I'm really starting to like this Toil and Trouble though I must say. It's got more consistency than I originally thought and although Snapshot sights isn't Quickdraw, it's still pretty solid.

As much as I do enjoy my Igneous Hammer, I have a Bottom Dollar roll with Rapid Hit + Eye of the Storm that I can't stop using. It's got almost max range and the 2 perks work in synergy so well together, feels like I'm getting a major stability boost every fight.

Nice.

I don't play enough Gambit to even hope for a Bottom Dollar drop, let alone a good one considering how crazy large the perk pool is on that gun.

Honestly, most my Crucible time is still in Quickplay, so I can still use my Not Forgotten, which even after the nerf and drop to 140 still feels best to me. Over 15,000 kills with it so far, I'm not sure anything is going to feel as natural for me again given the muscle memory I've created with it.

I had a near-god roll Spare Rations with snapshot range finder, range masterwork, etc... still never felt quite right.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Tried using both Bottom Dollar and Igneous in Trials this weekend.

They both matched up well... But not having a Quickdraw Shotty in Kinetic was killing me. Felwinters is simply too good to use anything else right now. I hope with the announcement of sunsetting getting sunset, that they update the current perk pool for Astral to give it Quickdraw again because it's brutal not being able to roll that right now.

Fortunately I've got prettt much the absolute God Roll Steady Hand to pair with it. Riccochet Rounds + Quickdraw + Swashbuckler with a Stability Master work.

Found a stacked team to play with Friday night in LFG. I had the lowest K/D out of the 3 of us at a 1.75, so we had a pretty easy flawless run.

Though one of the games we did lose was against Dmg Cammycakes and Cool Guy :laugh: Cammy was cheering Frozen Orbit + Empowering rift and one body shot killing us which was frustrating as hell.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Final kill in this clip is the first time in hundreds of of hours of Destiny that armor piercing rounds ever did anything over than give me +5 range

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Do console versions have hardcore aim-assist?

I've really only played and seen it on PC.

Roughly the same aim assist you would see in something like COD or Halo. Accuracy cones affected by range and reticule friction, that kind of thing. There are mods and perks in Destiny though, that can jack it up abit on particular weapon types. I'm running HC targeting mods on top of icarus mod (enhanced targeting in air, cause usually in-air accuracy is trash by default). But all those mods are also available on PC, so not sure how different they are since I don't play D2 on PC.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Roughly the same aim assist you would see in something like COD or Halo. Accuracy cones affected by range and reticule friction, that kind of thing. There are mods and perks in Destiny though, that can jack it up abit on particular weapon types. I'm running HC targeting mods on top of icarus mod (enhanced targeting in air, cause usually in-air accuracy is trash by default). But all those mods are also available on PC, so not sure how different they are since I don't play D2 on PC.

PC doesn't have aim assist (the ones that don't hack) as the mice are so lazer accurate. Remember the Hard Light Nerf? That was a PC nerf as people were sitting on one side of the map picking off people on the polar opposite of the map because they could pinpoint target players and it had no fall off.

I used to play MnK but I use a controller now (I play on PC, PS5 and Next Gen Xbox) on PC as its easier for me.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
PC doesn't have aim assist (the ones that don't hack) as the mice are so lazer accurate. Remember the Hard Light Nerf? That was a PC nerf as people were sitting on one side of the map picking off people on the polar opposite of the map because they could pinpoint target players and it had no fall off.

I used to play MnK but I use a controller now (I play on PC, PS5 and Next Gen Xbox) on PC as its easier for me.

I know. I was talking about AA on console/controller.

I did question what, if any, effect the targeting armor mods and the targeting weapon mods had on mkb aiming.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I know. I was talking about AA on console/controller.

I did question what, if any, effect the targeting armor mods and the targeting weapon mods had on mkb aiming.

It's really not that noticeable. What's noticeable between consoles and PC is the shot timing when trying to line up headshots.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Fiddled around with my console video settings today and discovered my setup actually is capable of running 120 fps in Crucible, until now I didn't think my monitor had that capability.

Man oh man it's a completely different game again. Going from 30 to 60 fps was great and now going from 60 to 120 is just insane.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Just started playing this game back in February, very addicting and fun

There is just such a variety of stuff to do which keeps it fresh

I do wish PVP had match making. I’m doing ok but especially in Trials there are some real sweaty people that I probably shouldn’t be matching up against my first time playing it

But whatever I just unlocked stasis and got that annoying ass witherhord grenade launcher so I’m ready to join the dark side

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Just started playing this game back in February, very addicting and fun

There is just such a variety of stuff to do which keeps it fresh

I do wish PVP had match making. I’m doing ok but especially in Trials there are some real sweaty people that I probably shouldn’t be matching up against my first time playing it

But whatever I just unlocked stasis and got that annoying ass witherhord grenade launcher so I’m ready to join the dark side

Witherhord is the best one shot kill weapon in the game.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad