Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Guardian Games looks pretty fun. I’m really impressed with how Destiny keeps thing changing and exciting.

Been playing almost 3 months and I feel like I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface

Also been loving the Telesto in PVP. It feels a little cheap but it’s so fun

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Guardian Games looks pretty fun. I’m really impressed with how Destiny keeps thing changing and exciting.

Been playing almost 3 months and I feel like I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface

Also been loving the Telesto in PVP. It feels a little cheap but it’s so fun

You don't have to worry about feeling cheap in a Stasis and shotgun heavy meta. Telesto is a great counter for that stuff.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
You don't have to worry about feeling cheap in a Stasis and shotgun heavy meta. Telesto is a great counter for that stuff.

yeah I’ve recently unlocked stasis too and that’s been helping my gameplay a lot as well

if you can’t beat em, join em

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Debating on transferring my PS guardians over to Xbox or just starting fresh

Having two separate accounts is tough. I'm able to do it but I lose out on stuff like Grandmaster nightfalls. Xbox is literally overrun with new players because Game Pass makes all the Destiny 2 DLC's free with subscription AND you won't need Xbox Live to connect. That's free as well. This is my current stats for my two accounts. I am an 8 X double title holder (soon to be 9).

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Having two separate accounts is tough. I'm able to do it but I lose out on stuff like Grandmaster nightfalls. Xbox is literally overrun with new players because Game Pass makes all the Destiny 2 DLC's free with subscription AND you won't need Xbox Live to connect. That's free as well. This is my current stats for my two accounts. I am an 8 X double title holder (soon to be 9).

I did the cross save and ended up starting my Hunter over, no big loss there, the new beginning mission is pretty cool with the callbacks to the very first mission in the first game. The legendary guns in my vault are capped at 1100 but the exotics aren't so I guess I gotta find a new AR to pair with my Polaris Lance.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I did the cross save and ended up starting my Hunter over, no big loss there, the new beginning mission is pretty cool with the callbacks to the very first mission in the first game. The legendary guns in my vault are capped at 1100 but the exotics aren't so I guess I gotta find a new AR to pair with my Polaris Lance.

Keep that Night Watch you get in that mission. It's the God roll for taking down champions.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
started playing again due to gamepass. i am so out of touch on what is good or not. cant wait to dive in a bit deeper and figure everything out. Gamepass is the best investment i have ever made.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
started playing again due to gamepass. i am so out of touch on what is good or not. cant wait to dive in a bit deeper and figure everything out. Gamepass is the best investment i have ever made.

Same here, been out of Destiny 2 for 18 months and coming from PS so it's a new controller to get used to also. I'm hoping this keeps my attention till Mass Effect comes out in three weeks.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Same here, been out of Destiny 2 for 18 months and coming from PS so it's a new controller to get used to also. I'm hoping this keeps my attention till Mass Effect comes out in three weeks.

If you're on Game Pass, play Outriders and The Medium. Two Excellent games.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
If you're on Game Pass, play Outriders and The Medium. Two Excellent games.

I played the demo of Outriders and thought it was ok as a Pyro, going to try it again as a Trickster...has the server issues from launch been fixed? The Medium is on the "I play while the wide watches" list. What does it play like? Looks like mostly puzzles then story then puzzles then story and so on which is fine, I don't require every game I play to have a gun lol

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Honestly, I didn't like the Medium that much. Felt like a 2nd rate bootleg Silent Hill.

I'd rather replay Silent Hill 2 if you're looking for psychological scares./

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I'm sure they'll be throwing in champions

Wouldn't really have a problem if they did.

Barrier/Unstoppable/Overload really isn't anymore annoying or difficult to juggle in high-end content than Void/Solar/Arc shields and damage. In both cases, you're looking at a lot of team communication to make sure somebody with the right ammo can deal with them quickly.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Wouldn't really have a problem if they did.

Barrier/Unstoppable/Overload really isn't anymore annoying or difficult to juggle in high-end content than Void/Solar/Arc shields and damage. In both cases, you're looking at a lot of team communication to make sure somebody with the right ammo can deal with them quickly.

well there's not much else new they can throw in, honestly...wyverns I guess.

but in some cases it might not be a simple design answer...ie the final fight, if you spawn champions in either the boss or time travel rooms, there might not be a guardian equipped to stun that type due to random teleportation.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Can't wait to finish off work and jump in.

well there's not much else new they can throw in, honestly...wyverns I guess.

but in some cases it might not be a simple design answer...ie the final fight, if you spawn champions in either the boss or time travel rooms, there might not be a guardian equipped to stun that type due to random teleportation.

That's true.

On the other hand, I'd take a few champions in place of the endless waves of standard Vex you get during the Templar fight.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
It was nice last season that you could always have a special and a primary weapon and always be able to stun a Barrier (sniper) and Overload/Unstoppable (any primary option)

Looking at the new seasonal mods I don’t think it’ll be possible to stun Overload/Barrier without running two primaries

The only special ammo stun option is grenade launcher Unstoppable I believe

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Also: where do you launch the new activities from? Like there is some new 6 player mode? I haven’t seen it anywhere

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It was nice last season that you could always have a special and a primary weapon and always be able to stun a Barrier (sniper) and Overload/Unstoppable (any primary option)

Looking at the new seasonal mods I don’t think it’ll be possible to stun Overload/Barrier without running two primaries

The only special ammo stun option is grenade launcher Unstoppable I believe

Think I saw in the patch notes they gave Bastion intrinsic Unstoppable stunning

Reactions: Pay Carl

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Trials kinda sucks as a mode

I get that if they added skill based match making it would kinda defeat the purpose and make it really hard to go flawless, but it’s just not fun with how many really good people are in there

my friends and I had been doing 3v3 elimination to practice for it and we had been winning like 80 percent of our games, but we join Trials and there everyone is just so good we can’t get any wins

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Trials kinda sucks as a mode

I get that if they added skill based match making it would kinda defeat the purpose and make it really hard to go flawless, but it’s just not fun with how many really good people are in there

my friends and I had been doing 3v3 elimination to practice for it and we had been winning like 80 percent of our games, but we join Trials and there everyone is just so good we can’t get any wins

The biggest problem with Trials right now isn't really the mode, it's the sandbox.

Stasis, 120rpm hand cannons, and snipers are so oppressive.

The biggest shift from Competitive 3v3 to Trials is a hard shift towards defensive play. The number one rule of Trials right now is 'make them come to you'. In the early rounds, matches go quick. Once you get to the later rounds, both teams tend to sit back more, try to bait more, etc. Basically that first pick (first kill on either team to turn it 3v2) completely shifts thing, and the team with 3 gets aggressive.

Stasis, 120rpm hand cannons and snipers make it so tough to play aggressively and push, so easy to punish.

Wasn't always this way. Once upon a time, there was a period where the most powerful classes were top-tree solar warlock, mid-tree arc titan, and mid-tree void hunter. All fast, aggressive classes. 120rpm handcannons hadn't been buffed, 150rpm hcs and shotguns were the favorite weapons. Trials played very differently.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Trials and Crucible has always been this way. There is the meta and that is what dictates play.

That being said, the current meta sucks and needs to be updated.

Reactions: CPTN71

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
well in most games the meta doesn’t and shouldn’t matter to average players

in Overwatch if you’re in gold it doesn’t matter what the meta is, you can play anything. it’s really the high level ELO’s where meta matters

why do I have to play GM level players in Trials when I’ve only played the mode 3 times? I promise you if I use meta weapons and classes we’ll still lose as I just don’t have the experience with this game that the people I’m playing against do

there should be tiers in trials. As someone who has never completed a trials passage I should have the option to queue for matches against people who haven’t either. add an option for people who have gone flawless to queue against ONLY flawless people for a new improved title or extra rewards. Idk, it’s not that hard

just ridiculous having a competitive mode with no SBMM

thank god for Iron Banner this week

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->