Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What an incredible difference hey? One of my good buddies switched from Xbox One to PC about a year ago on the game, and I used to always joke with him and poke fun about how he played PC by himself with no friends instead of playing XB1 with the 4-5 of us that were playing on console still. He kept saying the graphics were so incredibly different that it was honestly like playing a completely different game. And he kept telling us when the Xbox Series X consoles release with the 60 fps, 4k monitors, and 120 refresh rates, we would understand why he never came back to console.

Well he was absolutely right. It is honestly like playing a completely different game. Visuals are that much more incredible, game play is that much cleaner, and with the FOV upgrade to 105, PVP is an entirely new game to play. Absolutely loving it. Haven't ran through the raid since the update yesterday but I imagine the visuals in space are that much more incredible with the new update.

The rewards update yesterday was quite a bit intriguing as well. More loot is a welcomed thing, some people are complaining that they keep re-releasing Destiny 1 guns as new content/loot in Destiny 2, but to me the two games play so differently that it might as well be brand new content.

Took almost 3 full years off of Destiny 2 after it's initial release because I thought The Red War was pretty disappointing from where Destiny 1 left off at. Came back to the game for the beginning of Season of Arrivals back in June, and have essentially been hooked again ever since. Loving the direction it's headed in right now and cant see myself playing anything else shoot wise for quite a while.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
What an incredible difference hey? One of my good buddies switched from Xbox One to PC about a year ago on the game, and I used to always joke with him and poke fun about how he played PC by himself with no friends instead of playing XB1 with the 4-5 of us that were playing on console still. He kept saying the graphics were so incredibly different that it was honestly like playing a completely different game. And he kept telling us when the Xbox Series X consoles release with the 60 fps, 4k monitors, and 120 refresh rates, we would understand why he never came back to console.

Well he was absolutely right. It is honestly like playing a completely different game. Visuals are that much more incredible, game play is that much cleaner, and with the FOV upgrade to 105, PVP is an entirely new game to play. Absolutely loving it. Haven't ran through the raid since the update yesterday but I imagine the visuals in space are that much more incredible with the new update.

The rewards update yesterday was quite a bit intriguing as well. More loot is a welcomed thing, some people are complaining that they keep re-releasing Destiny 1 guns as new content/loot in Destiny 2, but to me the two games play so differently that it might as well be brand new content.

Took almost 3 full years off of Destiny 2 after it's initial release because I thought The Red War was pretty disappointing from where Destiny 1 left off at. Came back to the game for the beginning of Season of Arrivals back in June, and have essentially been hooked again ever since. Loving the direction it's headed in right now and cant see myself playing anything else shoot wise for quite a while.

You should play through the entire Forsaken campaign and jump into the Lost Wish raid, if you haven't already. It's easily the best Destiny content to date.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

So maybe I'm just gonna not play any more Iron Banner this week.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

So maybe I'm just gonna not play any more Iron Banner this week.

Has it happened to you in IB? Honestly, hard to imagine many people breaking out an emote in the middle of a gun-fight. And if they did, my first instinct wouldn't be to freeze them, it would be to shoot them.

I'd wait til it happens to you before bailing on IB if you're looking for pinnacle gear. Doesn't get much easier than IB.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Has it happened to you in IB? Honestly, hard to imagine many people breaking out an emote in the middle of a gun-fight. And if they did, my first instinct wouldn't be to freeze them, it would be to shoot them.

I'd wait til it happens to you before bailing on IB if you're looking for pinnacle gear. Doesn't get much easier than IB.

That weekly Exo challenge is pretty damn basic :laugh:

But ya I agree. This seems so situational and specific that I cant imagine it becoming a real issue. Maybe it happens once or twice over the entire week?

Cant help but laugh about the possibility of this delaying Trials again though, in a more competitive and smaller scaled environment I do wonder if it could potentially be exploited more in that setting.

Bungie cannot catch a break so far in Beyond Light with these really random and weird glitches having weird impacts on game play.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just came back to Destiny after stepping away towards the end of D1.

Playing on series X.

A bit overwhelming, but seems to be a lot of the same experience.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Finished up the Descendant title this weekend.

Going to try to crank out the Conquerer title before the end of the season, but I swear the Grandmaster version of The Corrupted is more difficult than any raid, on any challenge or contest difficulty.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Glassway is decently hard on higher levels too, but yeah Corrupted is the hardest nightfall/ordeal/whatever

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Finished up the Descendant title this weekend.

Going to try to crank out the Conquerer title before the end of the season, but I swear the Grandmaster version of The Corrupted is more difficult than any raid, on any challenge or contest difficulty.

Give it a week. They're getting rid of the 30 minute time limit with the next patch.

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I love wasting silver on armour I can't upgrade passed 1050.

...any armor you buy with silver (ie, through Eververse) should be a universal ornament. That is, you get any piece of legendary armor, and you can make that armor look like the armor you bought with silver (individual piece by piece).

What armor did you buy?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Yeah, Arbalest helps a lot, but honestly, I feel like you just have to play like a bit of a wuss to solo it. There's no time limit, no punishment for doing so.

I finished a solo run with a bubble titan, did in a fireteam for the other two classes cause I'm much less confident with them.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I got the Optimacy Hunter bundle.

Yeah, that should appear as an ornament option on all of your legendary gear.

The interface has changed slightly since this video was released, but skip to 2:38 for a basic explanation.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I havent tried it but apparently arbelost can take down all shields.

Yeah, Arbalest helps a lot, but honestly, I feel like you just have to play like a bit of a wuss to solo it. There's no time limit, no punishment for doing so.

I finished a solo run with a bubble titan, did in a fireteam for the other two classes cause I'm much less confident with them.

This is 'The Man' for tough solo build out suggestions/tips. The dude did this solo with sunsetted weapons to at 80 below min light for the mission.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Sure seems like that old leak/rumor that the Guardians would eventually be teaming up with the Fallen and Cabal aaginst the Darkness, Hive and Vex is turning out to be true. Between Variks' new clan from the Beyond Light campaign, and Calus' daughter Caiatl proposing an alliance in this season....

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Season of the Hunt was a huge let down... But so far this new season looks chaulk full of good content.

A lot of really good new guns that are worth farming for God rolls right now. The new HELM location is an excellent hub for different activities, battlegrounds seem a tad tedious/long but seem like they will produce quality rewards at the same time.

New aspects/Fragments for Stasis, new armor and weapons for Trials and Iron Banner.

And eventually as the season progresses we're going to get a new strike, new battlegrounds, at least one new exotic quest(A lever action Scour Rifle)... and if the rumors are true we may see an additional exotic weapon quest for a Machine Gun.

Tonnes more to do this season versus last season.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
So far so good on this new seasons... the weapons are decent, new game mode Battlegrounds is decent.. I'm intrigued and sinking a lot of time into it so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->