Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Random question... Anyone in this thread play the game on Xbox, and more importantly have any interest in doing the Raid?

I've got a team of 3 of us, all of which are currently ~1240 light or higher and all 3 of are really, really hoping to do the raid/find a team that would be interested in raiding weekly. However, as of right now we only have 3 of us. The rest of our friend group quit Destiny a while back and haven't shown any interest in coming back to the game really.

So we're looking for 3 more guys to do the raid with, on Xbox console. Our tentative plan is to give it a go Saturday Evening, with the plans of being well versed in the mechanics and understanding of the raid by then to bang it all out in hopefully a reasonable 3-4 hours.

If anyone in this thread or reading this thread has interest in that feel free to message me, either here on HF or send me a message over Xbox. My GT is Tlaloc

I cross save my PC to Xbox...because hackers. My light is above min Raid Level (1020 min).

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Trials cancelled again.

C'mon Bungie, I want that adept shotty.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
My friends begged me to help them finish the final encounter last night, cause one of them had to bounce off and get some sleep. They explained the mechanics to me, and after a few tries...

QmPtSlT_d.webp

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ive never played any Destiny before, but decided to take the plunge now that it's on Game Pass.

Holy hell is this game a chore to get going in. The lack of direction at any given time is not friendly to new players.

I spend half my time looking at my map to figure out where the hell I'm supposed to go, and the other worrying that if I leave the game I'll lose 15 minutes of progress and have to replay it.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
tbh the new player experience is actually a lot better than it used to be. The cosmodrome does a good job introducing players to the general flow of things

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Ive never played any Destiny before, but decided to take the plunge now that it's on Game Pass.

Holy hell is this game a chore to get going in. The lack of direction at any given time is not friendly to new players.

Directions like what?

I spend half my time looking at my map to figure out where the hell I'm supposed to go, and the other worrying that if I leave the game I'll lose 15 minutes of progress and have to replay it.

It depends on the activity. For the most part, it will pick up where you left off.

tbh the new player experience is actually a lot better than it used to be. The cosmodrome does a good job introducing players to the general flow of things

AND you get a god roll night watch for overload champions as well as a riskrunner which helps a lot in Beyond Light.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Directions like what?

It depends on the activity. For the most part, it will pick up where you left off.

AND you get a god roll night watch for overload champions as well as a riskrunner which helps a lot in Beyond Light.

OK. Heres a scenario. I completed the Cosmodome intro to the game, then went into the Russian church thing. The next mission was finding a stash from Cayde-6. I was around power level 1100, that mission was rated at 1150. Seems excessive? The game starts at 1050, am I just supposed to grind for a bunch of hours to raise my level? What was I supposed to do in the meantime to raise my level that much? Anyways, I did beat it. Now I have no direction at all at where the next mainline quest is.

My reading is that the lack of direction was EVEN WORSE prior to the latest expansion and that Bungie attempted to fix it. Its still lacking

Aside from that, at times there is a very obvious marker displayed on the HUD at where im supposed to go. Other times it doesnt show until I bring up my ghost, where it appears, then goes back down again until such time as I bring up my ghost again. What triggers it to display in the HUD all the time vs only when I bring up the ghost? In both scenarios I have the quest set as active.

I think I am figuring out the progress and when I can leave the game safely without losing progress.

Its also awkward that Cayde-6 is dead in some missions and alive in others. I understand this is due to the nature of the expansions, but shouldnt it lock me out of some missions until Ive beaten others? From a story telling perspective its a mess.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
well there's even a gun called No Time To Explain. The game has always done a lousy job of outlining mechanics and systems.

one thing that irritates me is when they do explain something now, it comes with a blue banner overlay that can't be dismissed until you do the thing in the menu they want you to.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
well there's even a gun called No Time To Explain. The game has always done a lousy job of outlining mechanics and systems.

one thing that irritates me is when they do explain something now, it comes with a blue banner overlay that can't be dismissed until you do the thing in the menu they want you to.

Ive got a fun glitch that makes them not go away at all sometimes.

The worst was in a boss fight when it was bugging me to go into the character screen. OK then.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Glad I have the Anarchy, cause the new Eyes of Tomorrow RL is poop for end-game content.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Ah, nice.

Yeah, the game gets its hooks in quick, but the best stuff is the end-game stuff. Nightfall Ordeals, Raids, the new legendary lost sectors, etc. Really makes you put all your abilities to use and communicate with teammates in a satisfying way.

What platform you playing on?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Ah, nice.

Yeah, the game gets its hooks in quick, but the best stuff is the end-game stuff. Nightfall Ordeals, Raids, the new legendary lost sectors, etc. Really makes you put all your abilities to use and communicate with teammates in a satisfying way.

What platform you playing on?
PS5

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
The FOV upgrade on next gen consoles is awesome.

This is only if Sony plays ball. They’re the ones who have always been holding this up across the board.

FOV change is really nice, I went to 95, I think even going to the max doesn't hurt performance. I'm the worst to telling the difference between FPS, 60 in PVE feels nice. But 120 in PVP felt like a different game to me.

And not next gen specific, but picking up bounties while in orbit or offline using the app is amazing.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I jack it up to 105 for PVP. Beyond that, I didn't really notice much, and the fish-eye effect got kind of distracting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad