Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Is Beyond Light worth the $40 price tag? I'm ready for some more content but that seems steep especially with Witch Queen coming in a few months...

What platform are you on? Gamepass on Xbox and PC have them all included as part of the service. If you’re on PS4/5 or stadia it’s worth it. You’ll need it if you want stasis supers but the grind for it is crazy insane.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The 30th Anniversary event is simply excellent.

Great new dungeon, great new 6-player activity, GREAT loot, and lots of fun lore.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
so... a gameshow hosted by Xur and a magical space horse.

passin the pipe around a bit at Bungie these days.

you know what though, the game has maybe gotten a little ponderous with the narratives lately, it could do with a little zany.

Reactions: JaegerDice

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I really want to like Destiny but I just can't seem to get it.

The lack of direction is very frustrating.
Same. I’ve tried playing it many times, but it just feels like a list of chores you have to complete each week for marginally improved rewards. Gameplay is fun, though. Guns all feel pretty similar in each category and don’t seem to make a tremendous difference, even the exotic ones.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
For their new player (within the last two years) program Bungie has failed miserably at this. It’s a common complaint.

I tried again very recently. Started a mission with the instructions "kill enemies in XXXXXXX". I ran around for like half an hour, around and around and around the zone, killing everything I could find. Like what the hell am I supposed to do to progress the mission?

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I always like the slick-sci-fi look of Destiny but the lack of direction is definitely frustrating. I just can't get into it.

I just don't get the point of MMO's like this, just make a strong single player with a co-op option. I mean, look at games like the Monster Hunter series.... isn't that the better looter game concept? I guess the only disadvantage is that it isn't free. But heck, time is money IMO... stop wasting my time. :laugh:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I always like the slick-sci-fi look of Destiny but the lack of direction is definitely frustrating. I just can't get into it.

I just don't get the point of MMO's like this, just make a strong single player with a co-op option. I mean, look at games like the Monster Hunter series.... isn't that the better looter game concept? I guess the only disadvantage is that it isn't free. But heck, time is money IMO... stop wasting my time. :laugh:

They're in their pre-major DLC phase right now.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Enjoying Witch Queen so far...campaign is the strongest yet for the franchise(admittedly, a low bar but still), as is the Legendary difficulty.

Lucent Hive are fun and challenging opponents

glaive adds some flexibility to the melee weapon category

also, similar to Nessus, there are some large areas underground in the throne world that don't appear on the map. looks to be plenty to explore.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Just finished the campaign solo/legendary. So fun. Such a great challenge. It's been a while since I got my ass kicked squarely by PvE.

Reactions: Morbo

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
completed the campaign today in a fireteam of 3. last mission took us a number of tries but eventually got it when we learned not to get too greedy in damage phase. Very raid-like feel.

you think back to the Ghaul fight compared to this and just laugh now.

the next two expansions are going to be absolutely incredible if they can build on what they've done here.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
completed the campaign today in a fireteam of 3. last mission took us a number of tries but eventually got it when we learned not to get too greedy in damage phase. Very raid-like feel.

you think back to the Ghaul fight compared to this and just laugh now.

the next two expansions are going to be absolutely incredible if they can build on what they've done here.

I did it solo legendary and got my ass kicked until I realized I need blinding grenade launchers, shield breaks and patience.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I did it solo legendary and got my ass kicked until I realized I need blinding grenade launchers, shield breaks and patience.

I'll get around to it solo, yeah... definitely blinding nades will be used if I'm absorbing all the fire:laugh:

first time loadout I used was mostly:

Krait
Salvager's Salvo
Sleepless w/ Chain reaction

Chain reaction is kinda OP honestly like blinding is. Having 2 weapons with it made things hella easier than they might have been. was still a tough slog because even the weak enemies have a lot of health in 3 player.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I'll get around to it solo, yeah... definitely blinding nades will be used if I'm absorbing all the fire:laugh:

first time loadout I used was mostly:

Krait
Salvager's Salvo
Sleepless w/ Chain reaction

Chain reaction is kinda OP honestly like blinding is. Having 2 weapons with it made things hella easier than they might have been. was still a tough slog because even the weak enemies have a lot of health in 3 player.
Salvo is what I used during the majority of the campaign. This is the loadout.

And the loadout for the final section

Reactions: Morbo

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Yeah, I use the same kinetic GL I used for grandmaster nightfalls for the legendary campaign.

It has both blinding and spike grenades, slideshot for quick reloads and vorpal for bosses.

Paired it with a Disruption break/Rampage pulse rifle and Sleeper.

I was using my high resilience titan though. The overshield barrier came in so clutch. Think Hunter and Warlock are gonna be much tougher.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really want to like Destiny but I just can't seem to get it.

The lack of direction is very frustrating.
I am the same way. Don't get me wrong the game is still one of the smoothest and most consistent FPS out there, but I just haven't had any sort of desire for picking it back. The Moon expansion pack really turned me off in a big way in how they extended it by the most ridiculous grinding ever. I get grinding for weapons, I totally do, but not for the effin' main story campaign!!! That wasn't the reason why I necessarily dropped it, but the devs did a really poor job when it came to certain things like that. For example, I absolutely loved the horde mode on Mars and the different levels (I played the hell out of that). Nonetheless, needing an effin' key to unlock the chest which you can only get by playing a crap ton on Mars is a major turn off. I also think some of the guns have stupid grind sequences, the Silent Stimulant or Sleeper (whatever it's called) was awful. I know they can't make these crazy runs like Whisper of the Worm, but I had to restart that run like eight times and I still consider it such an awesome achievement when I finally got it. I hate timers, but that was so much fun to do that I would try and do it all over again for the hell of it. Sadly, 98% rest of the quests just lead to major boredom and time wasting in a bad way. I am pretty sure the new expansions are hella fun and the game is as good as it has ever been, but knowing you need to play three different characters for Stasis just exemplifies all the problems I just listed.

E: Plus I think they did an awful job with all the new armour for two classes. The only one that doesn't suck are Hunters, while I only play as a Titan and dislike almost every armour piece compared to the first game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00