Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I won't miss anything on any of the planets being vaulted and think the game is better off without them.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Jumped into D2 New Light in time to get all the event rewards. Reminded me why I loved and got exhausted with D1 in the first place.

The combat is satisfying and world design is top notch. However, the grind is brutal. It took forever to get myself to "max light" having only grabbed a couple low level pinnacle gear pieces without a single exotic drop (though I neglected to visit Xur all three weeks I played cause I simply forgot).

And I know that in spite of all I did, there's still a ton of content to work through, and tbh the whole thing reminded me that playing Destiny can be like a job. I can't even imagine learning and trying to matchmake for all new raids. I might casually hop into crucible or patrol to shoot around every now and then but I really don't feel like paying for the expansions and putting in the time here.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Stupid question since I'm not sure. Will Beyond Light be part of the F2P version of the game (since it's sort of starting anew) or will I need to pay for the expansion?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Stupid question since I'm not sure. Will Beyond Light be part of the F2P version of the game (since it's sort of starting anew) or will I need to pay for the expansion?

You have to pay for the expansion.

You get everything up to Beyond Light free though, I believe.

Jumped into D2 New Light in time to get all the event rewards. Reminded me why I loved and got exhausted with D1 in the first place.

The combat is satisfying and world design is top notch. However, the grind is brutal. It took forever to get myself to "max light" having only grabbed a couple low level pinnacle gear pieces without a single exotic drop (though I neglected to visit Xur all three weeks I played cause I simply forgot).

And I know that in spite of all I did, there's still a ton of content to work through, and tbh the whole thing reminded me that playing Destiny can be like a job. I can't even imagine learning and trying to matchmake for all new raids. I might casually hop into crucible or patrol to shoot around every now and then but I really don't feel like paying for the expansions and putting in the time here.

Max Light is the level you're supposed to be aiming for over the course of a 3-month long season, so it makes sense that it would feel like a grind to get to it in a few weeks. The new seasonal artifacts even let you boost your light level separate from your raw light level, so that you can reach it quicker to tackle end game content. Artifacts expire at the end of each season though, so all that 'bonus' light gets reset.

As far as the raids, figuring them out is the most fun part of the game IMO. The Destiny App has an active LFG community, and you could always join a clan. I got 'sherpa'ed through the latest Raid by some clan mates. Basically they wouldn't tell me what to do, they'd let me figure it out... but we'd play 'hot/cold' to make sure I wasn't abandoning the right track of thought for a new wild idea.

Play both the new Dungeons if you get a chance. They're both excellent.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I noticed that the expansion can only be gotten right now via Deluxe Edition. Will the expansion be released for cheaper when it's officially releases?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I stopped paying for it since it relies on the W10 Store and I have had many issues with it. Until they fully fix the W10 Store and the apps/games that go along with it, I'll stick with the Steam version.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Cool.

For what it's worth, the base version of Beyond Light will be available day one on Game Pass.

I saw that and still opted to buy it for two reasons 1) we don't know how long it will be on GP and 2) I support independent game studios as much as I can and purchasing it helps them.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I've only had it for a few hours but I'm gonna say the first aspect you get for stasis warlocks is the most busted thing I've seen in Destiny. Takes that subclass from one of the worst to easily the best.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I've only had it for a few hours but I'm gonna say the first aspect you get for stasis warlocks is the most busted thing I've seen in Destiny. Takes that subclass from one of the worst to easily the best.

The Hunter class is the absolute worst for Stasis.

Reactions: irunthepeg

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Circle back to that thought when they all have the new exotic on.

I have a few friends with that exotic and they said it delays your dodge recharge so much that it doesn't really feel broken. You have to be really smart about when you want to use it.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Here's an idea of what he means:

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Yeah, Trials is gonna be a headache this weekend

Nevermind. Trials is being disabled until November 27th due to a "recently discovered issue".

I think that 'issue' might be that Stasis is completely broken in PVP :laugh:

They did come up with a cute Lore reason tho, I'll give them that.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
man, i played Crucible last week and wow, what a nightmare.
i cant imagine how bad Trials would have been.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I know this expansion isn't technically as big as Forsaken content-wise, but yeesh, I feel like I just keep getting more activities to do.

I've only completed the campaign with 2 of my 3 characters, have only completed the available empire hunts and statis quests on one character, and haven't even started the seasonal stuff with Crow and Spider. At this rate, I'll be doing my first Raid run in January lol

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Random question... Anyone in this thread play the game on Xbox, and more importantly have any interest in doing the Raid?

I've got a team of 3 of us, all of which are currently ~1240 light or higher and all 3 of are really, really hoping to do the raid/find a team that would be interested in raiding weekly. However, as of right now we only have 3 of us. The rest of our friend group quit Destiny a while back and haven't shown any interest in coming back to the game really.

So we're looking for 3 more guys to do the raid with, on Xbox console. Our tentative plan is to give it a go Saturday Evening, with the plans of being well versed in the mechanics and understanding of the raid by then to bang it all out in hopefully a reasonable 3-4 hours.

If anyone in this thread or reading this thread has interest in that feel free to message me, either here on HF or send me a message over Xbox. My GT is Tlaloc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad