Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It's tone-deaf updates like these that give me pause on any optimism about a Bungie-only Destiny 3.

They literally have made the exact same mistake over again with Whisper of the Worm(which I don't even have anyway, but) that they do with Gjallarhorn or any other weapon that gets popular.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Cross saves are on the way. Thank goodness. About damn time.

Sony may be the lone holdout. I hope they are on board or jump on soon, I have friends on PS4 I'd love to play with, but I don't have the time or inclination to start a character from scratch.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Destiny 2 is coming to Steam on Sept 17th and the base game will be F2P but you can pre-order the game for the full set of all expansions, including the new DLC for Shadowkeep.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Destiny looks like it actually has a future. I miss playing it with my group, so I’m looking forward to replaying it with Shadowkeep.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
unknown.png

yay!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Watched the vidoc and I highly recommend everyone to watch it. I get it that it's all about pro-Bungie, but it sounds like this is a giant step in the right direction.

Reactions: Turin

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Congrats! How'd you like it?

I'm still unpacking my shit after my condo renovations, and I'm having a home theater guy come in and do some speaker wiring through the wall, so I may not get a shot at the raid for another week or two :(

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Congrats! How'd you like it?

I'm still unpacking my **** after my condo renovations, and I'm having a home theater guy come in and do some speaker wiring through the wall, so I may not get a shot at the raid for another week or two :(

It was fun, I liked it a lot. We tried for a 24 hour clear but the contest modifier was to much for a couple of players who weren't quite 720.

So far this season has surpassed expectations with the raid, Menagerie, and the pinnacle weapons. I grinded out the Vanguard grenade launcher and it is close to be broken.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
It was fun, I liked it a lot. We tried for a 24 hour clear but the contest modifier was to much for a couple of players who weren't quite 720.

So far this season has surpassed expectations with the raid, Menagerie, and the pinnacle weapons. I grinded out the Vanguard grenade launcher and it is close to be broken.

Nice.

I missed out on the Gambit and Vanguard pinnacle weapons last season. I got Recluse from PVP though. You know if the Gambit MG and Vanguard Scout are still available to get at all?

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Nice.

I missed out on the Gambit and Vanguard pinnacle weapons last season. I got Recluse from PVP though. You know if the Gambit MG and Vanguard Scout are still available to get at all?

All pinnacle weapons are available all the time.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Got to play Shadowkeep at launch before their servers took a huge dump and took them offline. The armor takes some getting used to and I’m addicted to the new hand cannon you get right at the start. Armor 2.0 takes some getting used to.

If you have leftover strike and crucible tokens use them to level up right from the start. Don’t get your new armor yet. Spend all your tokens and you’ll get your light boosted really quickly.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It's so overwhelming to come back to this game. I hit level cap shortly after launch on PC and haven't played since then. Figured since I went through all the transfer to Steam stuff that I should check it out. There's a billion locations and quests and everything is different.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Really still want to play this game. I did like the first one and now that the base game is F2P on Steam, it should hopefully easier to ask some friends to play with and see if we like it.

Also, if I do like it, then I'm probably going to wait for the Fall/Winter sales to get discounts.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Really still want to play this game. I did like the first one and now that the base game is F2P on Steam, it should hopefully easier to ask some friends to play with and see if we like it.

Also, if I do like it, then I'm probably going to wait for the Fall/Winter sales to get discounts.

It's worth it. Purchase New Light and you'll be caught up in no time. They took away a lot of the grind and make it easier to for new players to level up quickly. Forsaken was one of the best DLC's ever released.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
PVE-wise Shadowkeep has been fantastic. The raid is great, and I love farming the 980 Nightfalls to masterwork and min/max my gear.

PvP wise though....ooof.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
PVE-wise Shadowkeep has been fantastic. The raid is great, and I love farming the 980 Nightfalls to masterwork and min/max my gear.

PvP wise though....ooof.

I feel like the PVP sandbox is in the best place it's been in a long time, short of some things that are getting adjusted in the near future (OEM, Recluse).

The maps and modes are a big problem though...

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I feel like the PVP sandbox is in the best place it's been in a long time, short of some things that are getting adjusted in the near future (OEM, Recluse).

The maps and modes are a big problem though...

Matchmaking in comp is the worst I’ve Ever seen. It’s horrible right now. It’s blame the influx of new light players for that.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Matchmaking in comp is the worst I’ve Ever seen. It’s horrible right now. It’s blame the influx of new light players for that.

Fair enough. I honestly didn't play much comp after hitting the goal for Randy's Throwing Knife. Didn't seem like a big problem to me, but I was mostly playing in the freelancer playlist and it was early in the season.

On the subject of comp, it's insane to me that there aren't more PVP pinnacle reward sources. Like, why can't rank ups in comp give you the upgrade materials or a pinnacle reward or two. PVE has the Raid, the Dungeon, Nightmare Hunts, and Nightfall Ordeal for players to get worthwhile stuff, PVP doesn't reward anything.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Looks like no Trials until at least season 10 in March. Nothing really new for PVP focused players in the upcoming season of the Dawn (errr, Yawn)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad